437 messages Options
1 ... 1516171819202122
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Because some of us are using later model components, I added a page or two today beneath Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1996 EVTM:

Index
How To Use This Manual
Grounds: Note that there are 17 pages showing grounds.  In comparison the 1981 EVTM has 4 pages. Does that support my statement that Ford upgraded the ground system a bit over the years?
Fuse Panel & Circuit Protection
Charging System
Power Distribution
Starting System
Ignition System
Engine Controls - 4.9L
Engine Controls - 5.0L
Engine Controls - 5,8L Under 8500 GVW
Engine Controls - 5.8L Over 8500 & 7.5L EEC-IV
Engine Controls - 7.5L EEC-V
Engine Controls - Turbo Diesel
Transmission Controls - 4R70W
Transmission Controls - E4OD
Speed Control

I took the path of least resistance on this as I scanned those sections in separately and created a page for each of them and embedded the pdf's.  If that is a problem for us I can rethink that approach.

And those 160 pages are only about 1/3 of the whole EVTM.  I think it has the information we'll need, but if someone needs additional info please let me know.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Gary, I have the 92 manuals for my Bronco on CD. If you think you need them let me know.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Dane.  So far I've not seen a need for '92.  But I'll ping you if I do.

In this case Jonathan has a '95 water hauler and we are hoping that the '96 diagrams work for him.  And I'm going with '96 EFI on both of my trucks eventually, so needed some of the diagrams.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Awesome!!! 😎 👏 THANK YOU GARY this is exactly what I needed... at least now I stand a chance of sorting out what was done when the 460 was pulled out and replaced with the Cummins. I may not like what I see, but at least I should be able to figure out what I am looking at. Thank you.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Jonathan.  And good luck!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Given the finds that David is posting of jacks, hold down straps, etc I decided we needed a page on them.  So, we now have one at: Documentation/Underhood/Jacks, Lug Wrenches, ETC.

However, I cannot get the first snippet of Jack Assy to come out full size, regardless of what I do.  So I'll work it in the background.

And, note that I found the clip and screw/washer combo in our Standard & Utility Part Catalog and put the entry on this page.  Plus, I realized that we have the screw/washer combo on a page of its own, so linked to it.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You're just a documentation dynamo Gary!  

I can't even find half the stuff you've put up here, but that's down to my ineptitude and limited hardware, I guess.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for all your effort!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Jim.

Sorry you can't find it.  That's a bummer.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm no expert at computers or file systems, and you've seen screenshots of what I get (even after clearing cache, etc)

I guess if I don't know it's there I can't 'miss' it.
But I do miss the chance to use it to be helpful, like yesterday with the 1985 EVTM.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - Did you get my text?

All - We now have two new pages:Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1996 EVTM/

Daytime Running Lamps

Keyless Entry System

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We now have a teeny bit of definitive info on the 1984 trucks - to the tune of 220 pages.  Go to Documentation/Literature/1984 Literature/1984 Light Truck Data Book and then:

Bronco: Details about the 1984 Bronco including passenger capacity, dimensions, weights, standard equipment, options & trim levels, engines/transmission/axle ratio combinations, trailer towing specifications, paint options, etc.

F-Series: Details about the 1984 F-Series trucks including passenger capacity, dimensions, weights, standard equipment, options & trim levels, engines/transmission/axle ratio combinations, trailer towing specifications, paint options, etc.

Axles: Specifications on the front and rear axles used on Ford's 1984 light trucks, including Broncos (U-Series), F-Series, E-Series, Bronco-II's, & little Ranger pickups.

Brakes: Specifications on the brakes used on Ford's 1984 light trucks, including Broncos (U-Series), F-Series, E-Series, Bronco-II's, & little Ranger pickups.

Cab & Bodies: Provides exterior paint codes, seat trim, instrument panel illustrations, and dimensional drawings for Ford's 1984 light trucks.

Clutch - Driveline - Transmission: Provides specifications on the clutches, drivelines, u-joints, transfer cases, and transmissions used in Ford's 1984 light trucks.

Electrical: Provides descriptions and specifications for the electrical components used in Ford's 1984 light trucks, including the ignition system, alternators, & starters.

Engines - Diesel: Provides specifications, including horsepower and torque, for the diesel engines used in Ford's 1984 light trucks.

Engines - Gas: Provides specifications, including horsepower and torque, for the gasoline engines used in Ford's 1984 light trucks.

Frames - Suspension - Steering: Provides the dimensions, section modulus, and yield strength for the frames, spring rates, shock absorber specifications, steering box ratios, & turning diameters for Ford's 1984 light trucks.

Noise Regulations: Sets out the noise regulations which were in effect in 1984 and to which Ford's 1984 light trucks were in compliance.

Safety Standards: Sets out what safety standards were in effect in 1984 in both Canada and the US, to which the 1984 Ford light trucks complied.

Wheels - Rims - Tires: Provides specifications on the wheels that were standard or optional on Ford's 1984 light trucks, including their size, offset, and load carrying capacity.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't know about Christmas in May, but it's definitely a gift!

Thank you Gary for your tireless efforts to keep this the best place on the web for Bullnose documentation!  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Jim.  This one was borne out of the realization that I have a book that answers HBF84's question re the handling package but that the easiest way to answer it was to put the book on line.

And, I discovered along the way that the book answers the wheel offset question.  And Vaughn's question of springs.  And, and, and......

As for being "the best place on the web for Bullnose documentation", is there another?    At one point years ago someone on FTE said they were going to create another page for Bullnose documentation.  But I don't think it ever materialized.  

Sometimes I tell people we have the best and the worst site since there is no other.  But if there is another, maybe we have the best?  

Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
This is great, thanks Gary!  Now I can be confident in the tape colors used on my truck originally among many other things.
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, speed control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It's not about bandwidth, it's about content!

Look at what people say in the 'how did you find us?'
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, people are appreciative of the documentation as well as the atmosphere.  

And, courtesy of Clifton, we now have a 1984 F-Series brochure: Documentation/Literature/1984 Literature.  Or, go to the spreadsheet on the Documentation/Literature page.

So now we have F-Series brochures for all years.  Thanks, Clifton!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Added the 1985 factory shop manual section called General Ignition Service to this page: Documentation/Electrical/Ignition.  Has some pretty good info, but it looks like I need to rescan Page 10.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've scanned in the documents Jim sent and added them this way:

Documentation/Electrical/Alternators:  Added a tab called DB Electrical 130A Test Results, and it has both the results of the tests on Jim's new 3G alternator as well as typical pulley ratios.  And I added a link to that page from the 3G Conversion page.

Documentation/Engines/Starters: Added a tab called DB Electrical PMGR Test Results which has the test results from Jim's starter.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Glad you found them useful Gary!  

I'm still waiting on my clutch from Amazon.
I suppose when that arrives I'll install those components and survey the starter carnage.
Starting my truck gets worse every day, when I can't find a hill to park on.

It also seems my rear end needs re-shimmed, or new bearings.
It's getting loose as a goose and it was clean inside when I last changed the gear oil.

I still can't find any of that in Chrome, after deleting cache.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't understand why you cannot find things in Chrome.  I'm just baffled!

As for your truck, you've worn that thing out.  You need that beater or loaner and spend some quality time with your truck.

1 ... 1516171819202122