437 messages Options
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 22
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yesterday David sent me a link and asked if I had this book: 1980 FORD POWER STEERING SYSTEM OPERATION & DIAGNOSIS FACTORY TRAINING MANUAL.  I don't have it, but got to looking it over, at least what of it I could see in the advert, and then compared it to the sections on steering in the 1985 FSM.  Turns out that book has 39 pages and the FSM has 56 pages covering the same things.  So I thanked him but opted out.

Today I got to thinking about that and realized that I only had less than 1/2 day in the shop before Janey and I headed to Tulsa for our Valentine's day out.  And, I didn't really want to get too dirty.  So I decided to scan those sections in from the '85 FSM.  But, that took a significant revision to the Document/Suspension & Steering/Steering section as it was a bit wonky.  (Things get that way when you just tack pages on.)

You can see what we have now by looking at the menu, but here are the sections I added in Steering:  (NOTE: If you don't do a refresh you may see a mix of old and new in the menu.)

General Steering Service

Manual Steering Gear Box

Power Steering Gear Box: This is on the Power Steering page on the Steering Gear tab.

C-II: This is on the Power Steering page on the Pumps tab.

Saginaw: This is on the Power Steering page on the Pumps tab.

Steering Linkage: This is on the page called Tie Rods & Drag Links.

However, we still have a page on Saginaw Conversions, although the only engine that has info about it is the IDI.  Not many seem to be following this thread, so I'm going to start a new thread about that page.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Had a request this morn for info on the Bronco's rear window, so added a page for it in a new section called Body.  But then got to thinking it looked odd that there was only one page in there, so wanted to a few to keep it company.  But things got a bit out of hand and all in all I added a total of 14 sections and 69 pages.  

But, I have a question for y'all: Is it right to have the power door and window sections in Body? 

In my defense, Power Windows is part of Section 42: Window Glass & Mechanisms.  And Power Door Locks is part of Section 44: Doors, Hood, & Tailgate.

So, here's what it looks like:

Documentation/Body:

Bronco Rear Window

Door Latches & Locks

Door Hinges Checks & Weatherstrips

Doors Hood & Tailgates General Service

Front Door Window Glass Mechanism

Hood & Hinges

Hood Latch

Power Door Locks

Power Windows

Stationary Glass - Butyl Seal

Stationary Glass - Weatherstrip Seal

Tailgate

Vent Window Mechanism

Window Glass & Mechanism General Service

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
I would say yes.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Dane.

Got bored and added the BW1356 illustrations, parts lists, and rebuild instructions from the FSM to the Transfer Case page.  So now we have all of the t-cases covered.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Got my scanning back from the professionals today.  (Don't tell Janey that it cost $95.  )  And in it was a training book on the TOD & SROD transmissions.  Documentation/Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/TOD & SROD Transmissions.  (Man, that needs to be cleaned up!)

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
TOD/SROD pages look good!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks!  Also got a lot of the brochures and other doc's scanned.  But it'll take a bit before I get them on.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Got Shaun's 1980 Recreational Vehicles brochure on the site today.  Go here: Documentation/Literature/1980 Literature and then click on the picture that looks like the one below.

But I did it in pdf rather than jpg.  What do you think?

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Looks good to me! I couldn't find any words that weren't legible.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
That’s great stuff right there!
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Today I added the 1984 EEC-III Tester Manual.  It is in Documentation/Electrical/ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROL (EEC) and then the EEC-III tab.  However, as it turns out it is Section 28 of what must have been a rather large manual as this one is 156 pages long in and of itself.

However, this section is for the 5.0L CFI engines, meaning those with central fuel injection, which doesn't include our trucks.  I didn't realize that until I almost had it on the site, so I'll leave it there 'cause it might help someone.  And, I'll tell the folks on the Ford 302, 351w & 460 parts Facebook page as they may have use for it.  But, it might have some useful information for our users as well.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Today's addition was the '82 Bronco brochure: Documentation/Literature/1982 Literature and click on the pic of the brochure.  (Or cheat and click on this.  )

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
That black interior on page 5 photo A looks sooooo good.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This one?  I agree!

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Yep, reminds me of my old F150.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Today I added a page: Documentation/Electrical/Wiring Harnesses.  Currently it has a list of the generic part number for each wiring harness, but only the full part number for the main cab harnesses.  Hopefully I can get the complete list over time.  But, I had no idea there were so many harnii.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow, it has been a while since I added to the site.  But Christian is trying to figure out what he needs to do to work on the brakes of his truck once he can get it out of storage way up in northern Norway, so I added the Dana 60 & 70 section from the shop manual.  And, while I was at it I added the General Axle & Driveshaft section as well as the 9" section.  (Need to add the 8.8" awa the Sterling sections to make it complete.)

Documentation/Driveline/Axles & Differentials and then the Rear Axles and the Instructions tabs.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks to Shaun, we have an '86 Owner Guide on the site now, and an '80 waiting to be scanned.  And, it is in the Literature spreadsheet.  Thanks, Shaun!

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
That’s great! I’m always asking my kids what the owners manual says when they ask me a question about their vehicle.

I bought one because the one in my truck was gone, which irks me. Why do people toss these?

Now they look before asking.
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Sweet! Good to see it up for everybody's use, including those who do not have one of their own.
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 22