437 messages Options
1 ... 16171819202122
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm baffled too, but it's an issue when I try to help others, and I can't find the resource.

As for the truck, I just want to fulfill my obligations, and not commit to any more.

I'm tired of all this, and just want a space to fix my own problems.
Since there is no end in sight, I definitely have to consider all options.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - The last time we found this it was on the page called Interior.  I made that page non-clickable and it seemed to fix the problem.

So I just made Electrical non-clickable.  Please see if that works for you.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It works, Gary!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - My SiL and I had a good conversation about this today.  Basically the issue is that many of the menu items requires you to hover over them if on a desktop or touch them if on a mobile device.  Touching them should do the same as hovering, meaning expanding the menu.  And then another touch is the equivalent of clicking on it.  But apparently on yours one touch is the equivalent of clicking.

TJ, my SiL, suggested that you click on the three dots and ask for Chrome to be in desktop mode.  And while that may work for you, surely there are others with that problem.

So, I need to go through the website and rework things so there are no pages that can be clicked with other pages below them.  And that's going to take time.  But, I'll do it!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'll remember to change my view to 'desktop site' the next time before I open documentation.  

I imagine I will be seeing a lot more folders and options, I never knew were even there.

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Try it and let me know how it goes.  But even if that works for you, others won't know to do it, so I need to fix it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, did a bit of updating and adding today.  My personal goal is to look everything I need up on the website.  And today I needed info on how to remove the A/C clutch on Big Blue, so I scanned in that section of the FSM.  That went so easily that I scanned in four more sections and now we have all of the HVAC sections on the site.

They are at Documentation/HVAC.  But I changed the previous HVAC page out for one that is non-clickable so that Jim can get there with his Android.  Here's what I added on the 1985 FSM Instructions tab:

A/C General Service: 34 pages

A/C-Heater System: 42 pages

Heater General Service: 5 pages

Standard & Hi-Output Heater: 19 pages

Comfort Vent System: 25 pages

For a total of 125 pages.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary, this morning I was browsing documentation/exterior/name plates and noticed there's nothing for Broncos. Is there another page that may be missing?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Shaun - Thanks for catching that.  I've now added tabs and info on the Broncos.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Shaun - Thanks for catching that.  I've now added tabs and info on the Broncos.
Don't tell anybody I said this, but you're a stand up guy!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Shhhhh!  I won't tell anyone and hope you won't either.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, it has been a bit since the last announcement, but it is time for a few more.  We now have a new page called Over/Under Drives under Documentation/Driveline/Transmissions.  And in it we have:

Gear Vendors: A schematic from Jonathan/Ford F834 for the GVOD

Doug Nash: A user's manual and installation guide from Scott/kramttocs.

And we also now have a 1984 user guide, aka owner's manual, from David/jdavidsmi.  It it accessible two ways:

1. Via the spreadsheet on the page at Documentation/Literature

2. By clicking the image of it on the page at Documentation/Literature/1984 Literature

Thanks, guys!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  I haven't posted in here since July????

Well, courtesy Scott/kramttocs we have a new document: Documentation>Literature/Miscellaneous Literature>Gear Vendors' Over/Underdrive Manual.  Thanks, Scott!

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Thanks Gary - that looks great!
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As does this, thanks to you.  It cleaned up wonderfully.  

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Excellent

I agree with Janey that the buttons on it helps to break it up visually.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Been a while since I posted in here, although I have added a few things from time to time.  But I thought Jim would want to see this as he's referred people to this info several times.

While cleaning the shop today I ran across a Crane Cam distributor recurving kit and the associated instructions.  So I scanned the instructions, which have the process that should be used for re-curving a dizzy, and put them here: Documentation/Electrical/Ignition and on the Instructions tab.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Cool  

And thank you!
I can stop sending people to Jeg's to grab the PDF.

Whatever did happen when you spoke to Scotty about his two pages of DuraSpark R&R. photographs?

Did he say you could host them too?
Or that you could have an active link in the conversion/EGR delete how to?

I can't even find them on his new domain, but I do have them bookmarked (wherever on the web they are)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No, I don't think Scotty wanted me to host the instructions here.  If I remember correctly he said we could link to them.

But the Crane ones should certainly help.  We can not only refer people to them, but since they are OCR'd we can quote them, like this:

Automotive ignition timing advance consists of three components: Initial timing, centrifugal advance, and vacuum advance.

INITIAL TIMING: Is the point where the distributor is set in the engine prior to start-up. This timing can be advanced or retarded by moving the distributor.

CENTRIFUGAL ADVANCE: Is a function of the engine R.P.M., and will increase as the engine's R.P.M. increases. The centrifugal advance is controlled by the weights and springs inside the distributor.

VACUUM ADVANCE: Is a function of the engine manifold vacuum. As the engine vacuum decreases, the vacuum advance will decrease. At full throttle, engine vacuum is zero and vacuum advance is zero.

TOTAL ADVANCE: Is the total of initial advance, centrifugal advance, and vacuum advance added together.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/Duraspark_distributor_recurve_instructions_index.html

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/Duraspark_distributor_recurve_instructions_page-2.html
 Jim,
1 ... 16171819202122