classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
504 messages Options
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 26
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Salan's 1980 Something

salans7
So recently I've done a few things, like install a new clutch lever to fix the well worn original one, picked up a very tired 460 V8 for rebuild, and installed the HVAC seal kit from Detroit Muscle Technologies. The seals were the last thing I needed to do before I put the dash back in the truck for hopefully the final time.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Did you like the seal kit?  Do you have a link to it?

We need to build a list of resources like that.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Yes! It was a great kit, fit was perfect, and he even provided extra foam that you can use for the blend doors, which I did.

Bullnose HVAC Gasket Kit - DMT
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by salans7
Glad to see he is getting orders on them. I agree that they are top notch.
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Source-for-HVAC-Component-Seals-Gaskets-tp41105.html
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
kramttocs wrote
Glad to see he is getting orders on them. I agree that they are top notch.
I remembered him from all of your posts, so thank you for the original legwork in getting these produced and for mentioning him here as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
You bet although no thanks needed - I just finished what someone over on FTE started  
 I was a little worried he wouldn't get too many orders until these trucks really hit their stride so it's great seeing someone using it. He is a really nice guy.

Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Guess I didn't post a picture when I re-installed the dash. Still a lot of things left to do, but I like having the truck semi-complete because it makes it seem like there's less to do, plus it makes more room in the shop.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The "more room in the shop" bit is a biggee.  I have totes stacked everywhere with parts in them for Big Blue.  And so far I've not emptied very many of them.  

Anyway, dash looks good!  I'm envious.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Yes, really looking good!  

What year is the seat with headrest, Shaun?
Cover looks good too.
No one down there wants to be scalded by vinyl.

Gary, it seems Big Blue is almost complete.
What all parts do you have left????
Or are these parts BB came loaded with when you kidnapped him from Florida?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jein, Jim.  I still have a whole bunch of the parts BB was carrying when I kidnapped him.  And I have a lot of parts from you and from other members.  Plus parts that I got off Huck.  And then there's the parts I got off of other trucks I parted out.

Some of those parts are in the attic.  Some are in totes downstairs.  And while there was organization in the contents of the totes when this started, that doesn't seem to be the case now.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Thanks guys! I need all the shelf space I can get for when that 460 comes apart.

Jim, I believe the truck was a 97 F350 cab and chassis, so I'm not sure if this is the highest trim level seat the C&C offered, or if there is a level above this. Either way, it's not vinyl and that's a good thing. I have vinyl seats in my Ranger and it's rough.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Figured I'd take this opportunity to dump some photos of all my trucks, and so we can all see why nothing is getting done on my F350.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
That's a nice looking row of trucks Shaun. Well done. I like that nice shady (and level) back yard too.

I'm jealous of nice flat property. My driveway and yard is all sloped, so I don't have a good spot outdoors to work on my stuff.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Thanks Cory! It's a good level spot for sure, but it's far from shady. That picture was taken facing north. The sun swings from the east to the west and beats down hard on the trucks. There's a big clearing right where I was standing, and the sun comes right through it from around 11am until about 4pm. Working on the trucks during those hours is rough and requires constant hydration.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Nice selection of trucks!  Later models shouldn't take as much time for maintenance, so when you get the new one "settled" you can turn to the Bullnose.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Nice selection of trucks!  Later models shouldn't take as much time for maintenance, so when you get the new one "settled" you can turn to the Bullnose.  
This one is at 75,000 so will need at the least transmission fluid, rear axle fluid, and coolant. I'm changing the oil too because it has a Fram filter on it.  The coil has already been replaced at some point, as have the wires, but I will probably do plugs and wires too for peace of mind and to make sure it has Motorcraft everything. My white truck has seen over 130,000 relatively trouble free miles from the engine and I attribute that to full synthetic and Motorcraft parts whenever possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Finally picked up the "correct" shift lever for my T19. Apparently there are three (maybe more) different shifters from 83-87 (T19 only) as the one Gary has is curved, the one I have is straight (86) and the ones I've seen from 87 are straight but with the newer style knob and a slightly different shift boot.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That had to have been hard to find.  So, what years was it used?

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
No idea, there are no identification numbers on it, but I was told it was from a 1986 F350 and that correlates with what I've seen in my image searches. In 1987 the shift knob seems to be a different style, and the neck on the shift boot is shaped a little differently. Although those things may have been mid-year changes as I've seen the bullnose style knobs on early 87's too. As Jonathan and I have discovered, Ford changed the shift levers often and the MPC is worthless when trying to find the "correct" levers.
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 26