504 messages Options
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 26
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Salan's 1980 Something

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So you just need from the retaining collar down?

I need to scour my pile of stuff.
I may still have the stick if it didn't get forfeited in the move.

Do you have an '80-'81 transfer case lever?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162108261617
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I need the entire lever, from knob to the part that engages the shift rails.

If you look back at my photo, you'll see that same t-case lever you posted mounted on the housing. Uhaul had two, I bought the other one last year. Couldn't pass up that price.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If I have it it's complete, even the boot.

I never pushed the button and slid the top half off.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Alright well if you do have it and the bottom isn't rounded off, I'm definitely interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Ill try and get over there this weekend.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Guthro
In reply to this post by salans7
Thats going to be a stout truck man!! You will break yourself before breaking the t19! seen 1000hp n/a big blocks sled pulling and not fiz them one bit. Even letting the clutch out at 5500rpm haha
Southern frame off 1984 f150, 70’ 460 and 4 speed toploader
Southern 1984 f150 pull truck, 600+ horse 460 np435
Southern 1992 beater f150 302 auto (for now)
Californian 1983 bare bones f150 2wd {unknown plans}
About 15-18 parts truck ahah
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Chris Guthro wrote
Thats going to be a stout truck man!! You will break yourself before breaking the t19! seen 1000hp n/a big blocks sled pulling and not fiz them one bit. Even letting the clutch out at 5500rpm haha
Yea, as soon as I saw the listing on Ebay and saw it was only two hours away, I had to jump on it. Figured if I was going 460, there was a reason they put the T19 behind them in these trucks.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Received my firewall brace from JBG today. I don't know who makes these for JBG, but they do a poor job of making sure the piece is correctly inserted into the press when they make bends in steel. It became pretty apparent that this bracket wasn't going to fit unless I beat the side flange (the one with three bolts) down where they screwed up the bend, and then had to bend it back to meet the firewall. But it's on, and now it's coated in paint awaiting final install tomorrow evening. Then I can touch up/replace the seam sealer on the firewall and start final (hopefully) reassembly of the interior.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Its a shame that the new one isn't, or wasn't, done well.  Mine that Jason made was just right.

And yours wasn't painted?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
That’s a bummer on the manufacturing.

Good job getting it in!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Its a shame that the new one isn't, or wasn't, done well.  Mine that Jason made was just right.

And yours wasn't painted?
Yep, I would have rather paid the extra $20-$30 to not have had to beat the snot out of this one to get it to fit.

No paint just bare metal, which is fine because I had to beat on it to get it to fit anyway.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Mine was nicely powder coated.  And it fit fairly well.  Too bad that's no longer an option.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You've got the key in your hands now, Shaun!

I'm sure you'll be pressing ahead like a steamroller.  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
ArdWrknTrk wrote
You've got the key in your hands now, Shaun!

I'm sure you'll be pressing ahead like a steamroller.  
I'm close to starting engine things. 😯 💸
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
So the firewall plate is permanently installed. Thread plates are sealed to the firewall, and threads all have loctite. Also threw on the pedal assembly to get a feel for the pedals now that I have a seat but quickly remembered I need to fix the worn away pivot pin for the clutch master cylinder rod before I finalize that install. Any tips on that are appreciated.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The little crank 'arm' comes right off the clutch crossover shaft.

You can change that.
It is available from Ford last I knew.

Or you can go the way I did.
Install a shouldered oilite bronze bushing
Ream the eye of the MC pushrod to size, and retain with another bronze washer and an axle cap pushnut.

This avoids the little plastic bushing that wears out and causes the problem.
I'll preface this by saying I'm really dirty and concrete dust on your boots is really abrasive, so I guess mine has it worse than most.

Dont use oil or grease for lube. It just attracts grit.
Graphite or Teflon dry lube is good.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
If I remember correctly, it's a one time press fit only, so make sure I get it put back in the right spot correct? Went back and found a listing from Bill that listed Vintage Parts Inc as having 107 back in 2017, and they wanted $25 shipped for them so I went ahead and picked one up from them. Wish U-techcenter had them, but it is what it is.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I haven't done it because I went a different way, but from what I remember they form their own splines when bolted on.
So, yes, I'd think you have to knock it straight off and line up the new one.
At least you have the comfort of not needing it right now and a sharp memory to keep that p/n in your head from FTE.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
ArdWrknTrk wrote
At least you have the comfort of not needing it right now and a sharp memory to keep that p/n in your head from FTE.
That's the nice thing about this truck, I'm not in a huge rush although I would like to get things done in a timely manner so that this doesn't end up being a ten-year project that goes nowhere like the F150 did.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well done!  Looks good.  

1 ... 11121314151617 ... 26