489 messages Options
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm afraid you are seeing what several of us saw on the Project MPG thread.  There is something going on with iOS devices that is causing a problem.  Jonathan has an iPhone X that works fine on those things, but it doesn't have the latest version of iOS.  My wife's iPad has the latest version and is having problems.

Unfortunately, I don't have a fix.  All I can hope is that Apple fixes it soon.  Sorry!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I probably should have asked what version of iOS you are running to ensure I'm right about my assumptions.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
iOS 12.4.1 which I am assuming is the most recent as I have automatic updates. C’est la vie. Thanks for checking :)
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary,
     Is there easy metric to pull to show how many members are on the map vs not on the map?
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Not that I'm aware of.  But I just went to the map and it shows that we have 141 entries on it.  And if you click on the People tab and set it to Members it shows that we have 481 thereof.  So 29% of our members are on the map.

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Man... need a get on the map campaign lol. I think I am the only guy left in SC, the other moved it would seem.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, that's a good idea.  Go for it.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Pics (mainly yours, Gary)

Steve83
Banned User
This post was updated on .
I've noticed a few times in the past that some photos (maybe ONLY Gary's) don't show correctly for me.  Usually, it's a typical JPG error near the bottom of the pic where there's pixellation, followed by some colored squares, followed by the bottom being solid gray.  But I could see most of the pics, and I figured it might just be problems with my (CRAPTASMIC) ISP &/or connection, so I didn't worry about them.

But today, I'm seeing something that I don't comprehend...

In the Big Blue progress report thread, the first pic (of the clean, unwrapped engine block), there are several "ghosts".  It looks like someone laid a sheet of clear acetate over the photo, and traced the degree wheel & breaker bar in thin black outlines, and then slid that to the Left.  Then there's a ghost of the chain links in the lower Right, but they're rotated.

Any idea what's going on, and where it's happening?

Do you see the ghosts?

When I copy that image address & put it here, the ghosts have all disappeared.  When I went back to that thread, they were gone from that pic, but they're now ghosting a different pic, so I screenshot it & uploaded it: you can see the outlines of the forklift warning stickers:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pics (mainly yours, Gary)

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - I don't see what you are seeing, even in that last pic, which I've included below.  Can you point out what you are seeing there?

I frequently add width="100%" to my pics to ensure they are full size.  I'll not do that in future and see if that makes a difference.  But it shouldn't as they are usually full size anyway.  Sorry!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - I just checked and I hadn't put any "width=" instructions on those pics.  So I don't know what the issue is.

My process is to run Adobe's Photoshop against any pics that are too big to post.  In this case the pics Scott sent were around 5Mb each, so needed processing.  I just do a save-as and make them something less than 1Mb.  So is it something to do with that step?

Anyone else seeing what Steve is describing?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't see it here, but I have mentioned it before (because of a crappy slow connection)

Maybe he is getting some artefact of jpeg compression?
I'm looking at a phone, so I'm oblivious.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I wonder if the "slow connection" thing might be part of the problem?

Steve - Are you on a really slow or bad connection when you see the problems?  Perhaps my pics are too big?

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Gary Lewis wrote
Are you on a really slow or bad connection when you see the problems?
I only browse from home, which is on a modern cellular modem.  It's much better than the satellite I used to be on, but I have weak cell coverage, so it gets slow sometimes.
Gary Lewis wrote
Perhaps my pics are too big?
I don't think that has anything to do with creating the ghosts.  I've only seen it happen in 1 pic per page, regardless how many pics are on that page, and it seems to change pics each time I load the page.

Do you see the ghosts in the 2nd pic in my post above?  I see them in the one you posted (which didn't appear for me until I made this post).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve83 wrote
I've only seen it happen in 1 pic per page, regardless how many pics are on that page, and it seems to change pics each time I load the page.

Do you see the ghosts in the 2nd pic in my post above?  I see them in the one you posted (which didn't appear for me until I made this post).
I don't see ghosts.  Oh wait, maybe I do!  It looks like Rod Serling!  I think we've just entered the Twilight Zone!  

Seriously though, I don't see the ghosts in the pic I posted.  Any chance you can circle them and repost?

As for only one image in a post having ghosts, that's the Twilight Zone bit.  Frequently our pdf's which are embedded on a page have a fuzzy first page of the document.  And if I re-order the pages whichever one is first is the fuzzy one.  Recently I worked with Weebly on it and it befuddled them as well.  Then, over time, it usually clears up.

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
This post was updated on .
Gary Lewis wrote
Seriously though, I don't see the ghosts in the pic I posted.  Any chance you can circle them and repost?
Look in the 2nd pic I posted - the one with the forklift stickers ghosted to the Left of where they actually are.

Here it is with some of the ghosts marked:

There are none in the top ~15% of the pic (like the top sticker), and they wrap around to the Right ~15% (like the dumpster SN).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - Well spotted!  I've gone back to the original pic from Scotty and they aren't there.  So I saved this one w/o any other processing.  Let's see what's there....

I don't see any artifacts.  Do you?

What I didn't do was to lighten the pic.  Notice how much darker this one is than the other version?  I wonder if that's it?

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
They're not in it now, but I still don't get why they were on the degree wheel pic at first, and then disappeared.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I can't explain any of that.  But don't miss that my pic in the previous post is technically a different one than in the earlier post.  It comes from the same original but has fewer things done to it.

Anyway, how and why things change on subsequent viewing I do not know.  I wonder if there's some compression going on somewhere that varies by the speed of the connection.

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - I couldn't get it to work on their site.  Have you?  I'm loathe to put it on here if I can't get it to work.  But I put the VIN for Dad's truck in and nothing happened.  

1 ... 12131415161718 ... 25