489 messages Options
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome.  This has got to be a significant problem for a lot of people, so it is surprising it hasn't been addressed before.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Got a response back from Nabble last night at 11:29:

Gello Gary,
We're looking into this issue. It will take a few days to be solved.

Yep, that's what it says.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
"a few days", sounds like now!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I wish!

But, I'm not holding my breath.  We can't expect stellar service for free.

I've also asked for help on the Assistant Admin thing, although they've not even acknowledged that request.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Got this message a few minutes ago. Just wanted to throw it out there.

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Yep me too and this was after some pages not loading all the way like the date & time not listed.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sorry guys.  I hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

At this point we are "free", meaning we don't pay and don't have advertising.  I'm really, REALLY against advertising but may see if I need to contribute something to ensure we have the capacity.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Contributor Memberships?
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Has there been any change in the [lack of] continued development of nabble?
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Scott - As far as I know, Nabble is in containment mode.  They are just fixing the worst of the problems, and not enhancing it any.  Supposedly there is work going on to develop its replacement, to which there's going to be an easy way to migrate.  But we've not heard anything about that of late.

Shaun - Would "contributor memberships" be ones where people kicked in some money that was then sent to Nabble?  We could do that, but from what I've seen there's currently no way for me to set up a badge that would indicate to others that you've contributed.  However, there's a glimmer of hope that such a way can be developed.

If that's what you mean then I could explore with Nabble what level of funding they'd need to address some of the problems we are having.  They've said that they are working on the problem of editing your own post on a mobile device, but I've not seen anything for a few weeks on that.  But they've not even acknowledged my plea for an Assistant Admin position.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
....they've not even acknowledged my plea for an Assistant Admin position.
Wait......

I'm fired already????  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Gary Lewis wrote
....they've not even acknowledged my plea for an Assistant Admin position.
Wait......

I'm fired already????  
Nope!  You, Bill, and Jonathan have the same power that I have.  IOW, you could delete the forum with a couple of button pushes.

All I want is an Assistant Admin position that has the same power except that it cannot edit the site.  So everything you having been doing you'd still be able to do.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
You hit the nail on the head Gary. The forum members could help with donations to fund the forum's capacity increase.
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hey Gary,

Can you add a link for the 1985 EVTM on this page:
http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/evtm.html

I suspect people are finding that page in Google searches and don't see/know about the 85 link in the drop-down menu.

Thanks. :)

~~

About your recent request for an assistant admin, that's kinda funny....  I was something like that here at one time. ;)

I can't be visible as an overt admin (or even mod) on any other site while doing so on FTE, that's their rules. If you can set me up to be able to do (and not do) what you want and not make it visible to the world, I'm OK with it.

I wouldn't want to edit the site - even something as trivial as this - without your permission, anyway.

Or, I could vpn into your garage and go from there. ;)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Shaun - I may see if Nabble will help us out for some money.  If so, I might come back asking for help.

Chris - Good catch.  I added that link to that page.

But, on the ability to "do things", there's only one level of authorization that can do things - Admin.  And, if you have that ability you'll show as "Admin" below your avatar.  There's nothing I can do about that.  And you have full ability, including the ability to delete the site.

As for Assistant Admin, I created that role but it doesn't work.  It doesn't give the person with that designation any powers.  Nada.  So I've petitioned Nabble to make that level work.  Something that can approve new members, move posts, etc but not be able to delete the site.  But so far Nabble hasn't even acknowledged my request, much less done it.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
My guess is that Nabble is a small company and they don't have the manpower to deal with stuff very fast.

Being able to distribute power & control like that can be good in many ways but it can contribute to conspiracy theories developing.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chris - What conspiracy theories?

Anyway, yes Nabble is small.  And they say their focus now is on the replacement for what we have.  So they aren't wanting to spend time fixing things on this one, other than big issues.

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I'll explain next month about the conspiracy theories & FTE, it'd be a lot to write.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh, ok.  Hope it doesn't have anything to do with Epstein and the Clintons.  

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Hey Gary - I’ve noticed I’ve been having issues viewing a lot of documents lately on my iPad. A page will load along with the subset text (  I clearly don’t know computers - the separately loaded doc within a doc, with its own separate scroll bar. You often have multiple tabs. Does that make sense?).  However as soon as I start scrolling with my finger on my iPad on the primary webpage the majority of the information on the subset page disappears. The only way I can get it to display is to reload the entire webpage and then try and touch my finger to a subset document text and scroll within that.  However this has the problem that the window displaying the subset text is often at the bottom of my iPad screen and only half visible so when I’m trying to scroll through a 33 page document on calibration codes it just isn’t feasible .  I’ll try and take a picture to help clarify what I mean but I thought I’d mention it as it’s consistently doing this And it didn’t used to.

Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 25