489 messages Options
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
And when I saw the email I thought we were going to get a headlight.....    

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
I found some other good stuff while rooting around on the iPhone 5...I don't think it would work for the site banner image, but maybe for a poster for the upcoming show?  This picture was taken just north of a little Podunk town in Oklahoma on July 28, 2013:

Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I hit an armadillo on my motorcycle one night in Georgia, on my way back from Daytona.

I stopped for gas at daybreak and realized that I was covered in it from about the knees down.

13 hours later when I got home I was RIPE!    
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
I don't know how long he'd been there when we found him...but he'd polished off that Bud Light already!
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
That's a big part of it.

But the text also won't wrap in portrait.

AND you can't scroll sideways...

So you end up holding your phone sideways and between the title block and the keyboard you have a tiny window (like on the first word proscessers)

Touch the wrong place and !poof! it's gone...

It's just not worth the frustration.
Jim - Is this still the status on your Android when replying?

I'm trying to work the issue and need to understand what the problems are for sure.  As I understand it, the issues are:

1. The "Gary's Garage (The Bullnose bible)" header blocks part of the window on your Android.  Right?  On my iPhone if I scroll up on the screen it goes away, but if I scroll down it comes back.

2. The text won't wrap in portrait.

3. You can't scroll sideways.

And, have you tried the other browsers?

Just wanting to get all the issues associated with the reply window on a mobile device nailed down before I work on it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
1) and when I scroll up, the Facebook, Twitter, etc block everything too.
I see less than one line vertical as soon as I click the text box and my keyboard appears.

Firefox is better, but in general the experience is horrible.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I’ll see what I can do.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - Let's take this one thing at a time.  I think I turned the social media thing off for mobile users.  Please check and see if that fixed that one problem.  (We may want to turn it off for all users, but for now let's do this piecemeal.)

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Nope.
It's still there and doing what it did before.

If you remove it, won't you lose all your tweets and shares?

IDK, I don't do social media...
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Can you take a screenshot and post it?  I ask because there are two social media widgets and I'm not sure which one is the culprit.

And, we won't lose the clicks, just won't get more via mobile users.  But let's figure out what is causing the problem before worrying about that.

Also, I just turned the Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) off on the top of the forum page.  Please check to see if that helped your reply window problem.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
How can I show the extent, if the header is off?
Here it is without.

Look, I REALLY have to get back to work.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Nope.

Screen shot does not show keyboards, the media links are above that...
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - I hope you'll only do forum stuff in your off time.

But I'm not sure what your "nope" is in response to.  The social media buttons or the Gary's Garagemahal (The Bullnose bible) header being gone.

Your screenshot shows the Sumo social media buttons.  So I went back and checked and, somehow they weren't turned off.  So I turned them off again.  Maybe they'll be off now?

As for "How can I show the extent, if the header is off", I don't understand.  I thought we wanted to turn the header off so it didn't get in the way.  No?

But again, please don't worry about this while working.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - I just used another option on Sumo and think I got the social icons turned off on mobile devices.  They don't seem to show on mine now.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
But, I just discovered that I didn't turn Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) off for just the forum page, I turned it off for the whole website.  And while there's a link at the bottom of each page on the forum to take you back to the main section of the forum, there isn't any obvious way to get back when you are on any other page on the website.  So, I turned the header back on - for now.

The issue can be resolved when/if we revise the website layout.  If we make the forum an obvious pick on the menu it would work.  (You can actually click twice on Bullnose Forum and get there now, but it isn't obvious.

Anyway, if you are ready to test at some point let me know and I'll turn the header off again to see if that works.  Meanwhile I'll see if I can figure out why it turned the header off for all pages, not just the forum's page(s).

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm just getting out now.
5-7...  Long day
Give me 45-1hr to battle Friday summer traffic and I'll let you know when I get home.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
"nope" means it didn't help.
For whatever reason, screenshots don't show the keyboard below the sumo bar (and how's much realestate it takes up)

Let me go sit in traffic..
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Janey and I are going to watch a movie, A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court, so I may not respond quickly.  But see if the social buttons are off.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Samuel Clemens lived in Connecticut and died not far from here in Redding.
I've read the book but never seen a movie of it.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think I saw the original movie in my childhood, but Janey mentioned it earlier today and I found the newer one, which is the one we'll watch.

Anyway, I think I found a way to turn Gary's Garagemahal (The Bullnose bible) off on only the forum's page.  So see what you think and let me know, please.

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 25