1 ... 10111213141516 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
How was the 'newer' movie?

Gaaah, "moving pictures" as if that's an exciting concept in the 21st century.

So I still see the bank of blue buttons (sumo?) above my keyboard while in the edit window (and ONLY the edit window)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The movie was like watching a high school play.  The story line was good but the acting poor.

On the buttons, I'm at a loss.  So I'll turn Sumo completely off and see what happens.

But, what about the Gary's Garagemahal (The Bullnose bible)?  Was it there?  If not, was its absence less intrusive?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Wow, that's a big step!

The text still won't wrap, and I can't scroll sideways, but I can actually see a few lines of text.

I wish there was some setting on my end, so only I lost the banner and footer.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I still get the hamburger dropping down.
But it's better than the whole "Garagemahal" thing.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Don't know that I can help with the banner and footer, but you can change the font size on your device:

1. Click on your name or avatar, more of which later, to go to your settings.

2. Click on Account Settings

3. Click on Advanced Settings

4. Change the font size.  Or the max width.  It'll only change for that one device of yours.

On the avatar, I can't figure out how to create one or edit one using the touch screen because the crop window won't move.  So what if you send me your to-be avatar pic and I edit it so it comes up where it doesn't have to have the window moved?  I'll send it back and you can install it.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Interesting concept.
Are you suggesting making the font tiny?
Because it's already down around 10-12 pt. And smaller makes it difficult for me to 'get it'  at a glance.

Text incoming!
I might want to lighten up the background, or crop a bit more so the truck shows. But obviously I haven't seen it as an avatar (yet)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I wasn't aware your font was that small.  But maybe change the max width of the message?  Maybe you wouldn't have to scroll?

On the pic, I've edited it and shrunk it to 100 x 101 pixels, which then doesn't require any movement of the red window.

I then added it as my avatar on my Test forum.  You can see it here: http://test-forum.16643.n8.nabble.com/Lack-Of-Resources-tp12.html.

Tell me what you think.  I can edit it more if needed, and when it is as you like it then I can send it back so you can add it to yours.

And all of this needs to get written up in the Bullnose Forum FAQ's.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - I'm getting lost.  I cannot replicate your problems on the edit window.  And I can't get the ribbon of social icons to come up on my phone, no matter what I do.

But, I took Sumo off.  Let's see what that does.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Maybe it's just down to iDevice v Android...

In edit, the text doesn't wrap.
So, if I can't see what I want to edit, or the end of the last line is beyond my window, I just can't get the cursor there.

When I flip my phone things are okay (enough)
But as soon as I click in the box, the keyboard drives sumo up, and if I scroll down, the hamburger and garagemahal header fill the rest of the screen. (To where I don't even have a full view of ONE line of text @12pt)

I would have to take a picture with another device. Because screenshots don't capture what it is that I see (or DON'T see, actually)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
But...... Sumo shouldn't come up as it is now completely disabled.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Yes, NOW (today) I can see four lines of my post, UNTIL I scroll down, the hamburger moves in, and then I can see a whopping FULL line of my post, in the edit window.

Like I said, it's just like the first word processors, that came after Selectrics.   😖
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We are making progress.  And someone keeps saying progress is good.  

The hamburger is part of the same header that the Gary's Garagemahal (The Bullnose Bible) text was in.  So just removing the text didn't really accomplish much.  I don't know what can be done about that, but I'll look to see.

Or, would it be better if we got the edit window to be responsive to the width of the screen and you used the device in portrait mode?  I'm not saying I can do that, but it might be possible.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The very first comment I made was that the text won't wrap in portrait, in the edit window

If that was resolved I wouldn't have to xxxxxxx in landscape, and none of this would be an issue.

You're chasing the symptom, not the cause.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Here, look at where the text goes.

If that bottom line is long enough, I can't add to my post.

And I often hit 'post', and when I see it in the context of the thread, I realize I wasn't pedantic enough, so I want to complete my explanation.

But I can't
I can't in portrait.
I can't (really) in landscape.

Something that should work, but doesn't, really gets under my skin.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've done some playing and set the Maximum Width Of Messages parameter in Advanced Settings to 300px for my iPhone X.  That makes the messages wrap nicely in portrait mode when reading the messages as well as when creating them.  But, it still limits the width to 300px in portrait mode, which is too narrow.  And, it doesn't change a thing in the window where you are editing your own previous response.

So when editing your own post in portrait mode you get a window like this, which doesn't work at all since you can't see all of he message horizontally.  On the other hand, you can see about 9 lines vertically.

Or, you can turn it landscape and get this.  You can see all of the message horizontally, but only 6 lines vertically if you scroll the Quote/Insert Image/etc menu bar up.  And yes, if you scroll down you'll get the hamburger menu, but if you scroll back up a bit it goes away.

So Jim, how close does this align with your experience?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Very similar except, as i said, I see only 4 lines in landscape.
And only one once the hamburger drops.

Yes you can intentionally overshoot, so you can be scrolling up, and then get the lines back.
This is just more frustration. (Up, down, up)
Try it with sumo coming up from the bottom as well, and prepare to suicide.

Part of the difference might be that you have a higher pixel count (denser screen) in your iPhone.
Maybe if I had a more premium Android phone (S10, or the like) I would see more lines.  IDK.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, glad that I'm finally getting on the same page as you.  

I've posted the problem in the Nabble Support forum and my friend Greg has come back suggesting I turn on "Responsive" in the setup.  But that's already on.  Anyway, at least I got a response.  But I know from back channel comm's that he's really busy right now so I'm not sure much more will happen immediately.

Anyway, we are together on what the problem is now, which will make it much easier to resolve.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
.  .  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
My Brit buddy, Greg, is now able to replicate the problem, as shown here: http://support.nabble.com/BUG-Problems-Editing-Your-Own-Post-From-A-Mobile-Device-tp7604016p7604020.html.  And he believes it is a bug that only Nabble can fix.

We shall see what they say.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Thank you for all your effort, Gary!  
 Jim,
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 25