489 messages Options
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, the one in that advert looks just like the Terrapin one, so they may have just bought up the last of the stock there.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 9:44 PM salans7 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
It will work for now, but I suspect that the Bronco Graveyard plates were made by Terrapin, so at some point if not already, they will be out of stock as well.
-Shaun
1980/86/90 Ford F350 4x4 ENG?/NP435/D60-Sterling
2003 Ford Ranger V6/M5OD/8.8
"I didn't choose the bullnose life, the bullnose life chose me."

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Website-Forum-Suggestion-Box-tp4094p44133.html
To start a new topic under Bullnose Enthusiasts, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Website & Forum Suggestion Box, click here.
NAML
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
Gary, I'm loving the website and now got the Bullnose running (and braking!) much in part to your help.
When I do a search, is there a way to make it so I only see threads with my search keyword instead of seeing all the individual posts listed separately?
For instance: I search "alternator" and see all 30 posts from a thread titled "alternator advice." Can I combine all those posts so I only see the thread once?

Thanks
Sam
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Yeah, I would bet on them being Terrapins. With enough purchases/traffic JBG may get another shop to make some though. Would be easy to recreate for a shop and even more so for the small version. I've never seen the large one in a jy but have a good half dozen of the smaller ones I've picked up.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by swampedout
Sam - If you do a basic search for alternator you'll find any post that contains that word in the body, and any post that contains that word in the title.

However, after you type the search term in you'll be offered an option to do an Advanced Search, and if you click that link you'll see the screen below.  If you enter the search term in one of the fields in the Message Text Contains section you'll get much better search results.

Does that help?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by kramttocs
According to the TSA the small ones are adequate if the firewall isn't already cracked.  But I have a big Terrapin so think I'll put it in Big Blue even though his firewall doesn't appear to be cracked.  

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Oh for sure :) I would do the same.
I am tempted to pick up one from JBG just to have since if I ever do a full interior gut on one of my manuals, I would rather put the large one in.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I played around with this after Sam's message and I didn't see a way to 'show a single thread result' either.
I agree it would be a nice option if possible.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I guess I'm not understanding.  What would be the advantage of finding a thread that somewhere in it there's at least one instance of your search result?  You'd then have to search in that thread for the instance(s).  Wouldn't it be better to find every post that has your search term on the first search?  

And by the way, I've already modified the search function to take the signatures out of the search because if you search for something that's in my sig you'll get 13,000+ hits.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Off the website suggestion topic but i have the small one and almost 450k on the clock.
It seems to have done the job, tying the doubled firewall to the trans tunnel.

Do it before you have an issue.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, fixing a cracked firewall can't be fun.  I'm not sure what clutch is going in BB this round, and it might put more pressure on the linkage/firewall.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary,

I was just going through the documentation. I drilled through driveline --> u-joints --> directs back to the forum homepage???

Is there supposed to be any information there?

I mean, I can look up u-joints for my truck, but I thought I could get that info here.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - I'm confused.  There's not supposed to be a Driveline/U-Joints.  But there is a Driveline/Drive Shafts and that page has a U-Joints tab, which works for me.  What am I missing?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I see drive shafts, below it f100 through f350, and below that 'U-Joints'

But it seems if I click any of the truck models I go back to the forum homepage as well.
I must be doing the internet wrong?  *shrug...

Maybe Android doesn't play nice?
IDK
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's strange.  Here's what I see on the Driveshaft page and on the U-Joint tab:

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Anybody else having an issue where words go missing on people's posts, and then when you refresh they reappear? Like say you read something, you go to reply to it, and then when you submit your reply, you notice that a sentence or two is missing from either your new post or the post you were replying to?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
salans7 wrote
Anybody else having an issue where words go missing on people's posts, and then when you refresh they reappear? Like say you read something, you go to reply to it, and then when you submit your reply, you notice that a sentence or two is missing from either your new post or the post you were replying to?
Yipes!  I haven't noticed that.  Do you have an example?

Let me say what I think you said to see if I understand: You quote someone's post in your post and when you post you find that there are missing words in the quote.  Right?

Is it possible that they edited their post?

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
salans7 wrote
Anybody else having an issue where words go missing on people's posts, and then when you refresh they reappear? Like say you read something, you go to reply to it, and then when you submit your reply, you notice
Yipes!  I haven't noticed that.  Do you have an example?

Let me say what I think you said to see if I understand: You quote someone's post in your post and when you post you find that there are missing words in the quote.  Right?

Is it possible that they edited their post?
It happens without quoting somebody too. Like if I reply, but don't quote, when I look at the post before mine it will be missing words. Look at my quote in this post and you should see what I'm referring to.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You mean that this is missing in the quote?  " that a sentence or two is missing from either your new post or the post you were replying to?"  I think that's because in quoting quotes you don't get everything.  But I'm not sure that's what you mean.

So please help me understand, I'm old and slow.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Took a screenshot and then erased some of my words in the post before yours so hopefully you can see what is going on.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
If that doesn't make sense, here's what your post would look like to me.

1 ... 14151617181920 ... 25