2267 messages Options
1 ... 61626364656667 ... 114
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The more you know about what happened at the factories the more you realize never to say "they never came with that".

Glad it worked out for both of you.  Those are heart-stopping moments.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Well gentleman, it's Tropical Storm/Hurricane time again. Isaias is almost upon us and tomorrow will be dedicated to protecting the trucks and the homefront. Luckily this year all three of my trucks can roll, so I will be moving them all away from the trees. This storm is relatively weak, and may miss us, but it's always good to be cautious. I'm just outside the cone, so may not see anything more than a regular August thunderstorm.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad you can move your trucks.  You don't want more tree damage to them.

My Palm Beach Gardens kids are in Colorado and fly back on Sunday - to Orlando.  So they may have some issues.  The other set of kids are in Charleston, and they may have problems as well.  Thank you, Isaias.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Best wishes to them as they arrive home during the heavy storms.

People don't seem to be freaking out here over it, none of the gas stations were packed on my way home, but that may change tomorrow. Regardless, I have everything I need so I will be staying at home. What surprised me is that my workplace made no mention of the storm at all this week, which I found strange.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks.

I think Florida is in shock, and this is just one more knock in a series of them.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
May also be that the storm is skirting the edge of Florida, and the center of the state where I live is supposed to see low impacts.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
The more you know about what happened at the factories the more you realize never to say "they never came with that".

Glad it worked out for both of you.  Those are heart-stopping moments.
Man is that the truth!
when in high school I worked part time at a dealer ship body shop, dad ran it but not why I got the job.
Any way one day a new car came in off the truck as 2 different cars!
1 side was an Aspen and the other side a Volare
I don't remember what the VIN said it was but we had to change the wrong side to what it should have been.
If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
LOL!  Yes, I know that happens.

In the early 70's I was working with a guy that swore by GMC pickups.  Several of us tried to tell him that they come off the same line as the Chevy trucks and that other than badging and the number of headlights they were the same.  He wouldn't listen and ordered a GMC.

Sure enough, when it came in it said GMC on one side and Chevrolet on the other.  Boy, was he MAD!!!!  

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Up until the late 60s GMC trucks had their own engines and while the Chevy pickups had front torsion bars and rear coil springs the GMC trucks had rear leaf springs. Neighbor had a 1968 GMC 2500 with the 305 V6 and a granny low 4 speed. When I bought my 1977 F150 we were looking at the engine specs on the GMC 305 vs the Ford 300, very damn close on torque, but the Jimmy was better on horsepower, probably because of cross flow heads and a Stromberg 2 barrel.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, but by ~'72 a GMC was a Chevy with quad headlights.  But he didn't believe us.  I'd done my research on what was available and eventually bought a '72 F250.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I think you were pranking him.   😆

Sounds like the sort of thing my father would have done.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I think you were pranking him.   😆

Sounds like the sort of thing my father would have done.
Actually, no.  Someone "up there" has a real sense of humor.  The truck actually came in saying Chevrolet on one side and GMC on the other.  

Or maybe I should say "down there"?  Remember the movie Bedazzled?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
No, can't say I do.

But I surely would have liked to be a fly on the wall when he noticed.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nothing Special
Back in the '70s I read a test report of a Plymouth Trailduster in a magazine.  They said that it came to them with an order sheet that said it was a Dodge Ramcharger.  But down the options list a ways was the option "Trailduster package".  Truth in advertising!
Bob
Sorry, no '80 - '86 Ford trucks
"Oswald": 1997 F-250HD crew cab short box, 460, E4OD, 4.10 gears
"Pluto": 1971 Bronco, 302, NV3550 5 speed, Atlas 4.3:1 transfer case, 33" tires
"the motorhome": 2015 E-450-based 28' class C motorhome, 6.8L V-10
"the Dodge": 2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7L Cummins
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Tropical Storm came and went, all we managed to get was about ten minutes of a downpour. I was outside in the shop and working on the trucks during the middle of it. Barely any wind at all.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad to see that.  Our son, in Palm Beach Gardens, didn't mention it.  Instead he wanted to know how to unclog an A/C drain.  Our daughter, in Charleston, said "Oh, there's a storm?  Yeah, the kids said it rained some."

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Yep, definitely not a lot of panic with this one. It was nice for a change.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
We have had worst thunder storms than this one.
We got some rain on & off and some what heavy at times but we were lucky.
Out at the coast looks like they had it a little worst with flooding and wind.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Same. Haha. I'm closer to the west coast than the east coast, so I think that's why I barely saw anything. I tell you what though, that storm did wonders for the weather here pulling all of that moisture away. It's been hot, but the skies have been beautiful for a week straight now.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
We didn't even get much rain here, winds may have hit 40, eye went West of us, pretty well up Chesapeake Bay.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

1 ... 61626364656667 ... 114