1 ... 58596061626364 ... 115
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

Rembrant
Ray Cecil wrote
I still dont have a dishwasher....
We have one, but rarely use it. We run a load through it every month or two to exercise it, but that's it. With only two of us in the house, it takes a week to even fill the dishwasher with dishes...lol.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Managed to pull a muscle in the right shoulder area so I guess it's a good thing I didn't go pick up my new vehicle this weekend. However, I should be good to go for this weekend, so let the countdown begin.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Shaun,
I hope it's a sprain and not a tear!

Get back to 💯% soon so we can see. 🧐
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
Yes, I hope it heals quickly so you can go get it.  I'm anxious to find out what it is!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Thanks guys, pretty sure it's just a sprain as it feels better each day. Just need to rest it and take it easy when I head back to work as I have a pretty physical job.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Oh mother nature.

Two more dents in the roof. Luckily the scratches came out of the bedside and the roof.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bummer!  Sorry about that!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
As I said in a couple of post, that our youngest son was living with us until school started back up. He has been excepted into the PHD program at St Patricks College in Maytooth, Ireland which is just west of Dublin. The PHD is in Old Testament writings with a focus on the Book of Job. He got the word on Sunday and he needs to be in Ireland by the end of the month. He’s got a flight for the 20th.
He had been teaching history at Gordon College right outside of Boston, but as with most new adventures in life they needed to save some money. So they moved home for a while.  He had to have enough saved to pay for housing for a year, before he could get an Irish student visa.

It’s going to be hard getting use to him and he’s wife gone. Jan and I will be having empty nest syndrome again. Plus on the selfish side I sure will miss his help working on the truck.

David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think I can relate, David.  Our daughter, SiL, and grandtwins left last night to their new home in Charleston, SC.  They've been living in Nicaragua building medical clinics, but when the virus hit had to come back to the States.  In fact, that was the second time they had to return as the unrest there two years ago had them come live with us for several months.

Dublin reminded us a lot of London, where we lived for a while.  I'll bet they like it there, but I sure understand how you feel.

I assume your son & family has to go into quarantine for a fortnight - right?  (That's 14 days, which he'll soon learn if he doesn't already know.)  I know the UK is requiring that now.

Old Testament writings, and a focus on Job sounds intense.  Job is a very interesting book, especially since we don't know who wrote it nor exactly where it was set.  And apparently it predates the Mosaic Law.

Anyway, at least you had them living with you for a while.  We will always remember the times the kids stayed with us.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Anyway, at least you had them living with you for a while.  We will always remember the times the kids stayed with us.
And, so will they!
Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
Yes we will miss them. The main reason they had to go on such a short notice, was Ireland just started allowing students to enter. But as you said they have to be in quarantine for 14 days , before they can go to the college and get setup.
David,
1990 Goldwing 1500
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
I think I can relate, David.  Our daughter, SiL, and grandtwins left last night to their new home in Charleston, SC.  They've been living in Nicaragua building medical clinics, but when the virus hit had to come back to the States.  In fact, that was the second time they had to return as the unrest there two years ago had them come live with us for several months.

Dublin reminded us a lot of London, where we lived for a while.  I'll bet they like it there, but I sure understand how you feel.

I assume your son & family has to go into quarantine for a fortnight - right?  (That's 14 days, which he'll soon learn if he doesn't already know.)  I know the UK is requiring that now.

Old Testament writings, and a focus on Job sounds intense.  Job is a very interesting book, especially since we don't know who wrote it nor exactly where it was set.  And apparently it predates the Mosaic Law.

Now you will have to come down to my neck of the woods.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, we will surely be down there, and driving as we do not want to fly.  It is a shame as it is cheaper all the way around to fly.  Less fuel cost, fewer hotels, fewer meals.  But I don't want to sit in a metal tube for hours with others that might have the virus.

Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
I was stationed at Charleston AFB, when I returned from Vietnam in the 70s, when it’s written that way it seems so long ago, but in my mind it was only a couple of years ago. The beaches, shrimping in the rivers, lots of places to fish. And my favorite, all the old buildings, and the history. The Williams side of my family left Charleston in the 1840s and moved to Florida, settling in Baker County. That’s north Florida right on the Georgia line. It was fun researching the family history during that time period. Took me to a lot of places in South Carolina.

Back then I was working on the Civil Engineering emergency dispatch desk. You worked a 16 hour shift, every third day. With lots of time on my hands I went back to school to finished my degree work. During my senior year I received orders to Alaska, with a reporting date in the middle of my last semester. the Air Force delayed my departure until I could graduate. That was one of the main reasons , I made a career of it, and was able to retire the first time at 40 years old. Plus all the places in this world I got to visit.

There are people that live around here that have never been on a airplane, or for that matter been north of Tennessee.
David,
1990 Goldwing 1500
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Our kids used to live in Nashville.  In fact, they just sold their house there and packed up the last of their stuff and left yesterday.  While they lived there we visited many times, so got the feel of the place and did realize that there are "locals" that have never been anywhere else.  But there are also many transplants there as well who've come in from other places and have traveled.

As for Charleston, we visited there a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.  And we are very likely to be back, maybe around Christmas as our other kids live in Florida and Charleston would be a reasonable place to meet.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Is that the "2003 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6/M5OD/8.8"?  I thought an Edge was a car, not a truck.  Tell us about it, and your plans?

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
No, 2003 Ranger Edge is my white Ranger. EDGE was a trim package from 2001-2005 on the Ranger, replaced by the SPORT package, both of which feature vinyl floors and color-matched bumpers and fender flares. All of them were Torsion Bar trucks with 4wd frames, even if they were 2wd like my 2003.

This new truck is a 2002 Ranger XLT with a 3.0 and an automatic transmission. It's 4x2 with coil springs, so it will ride nicer than my white truck. It was owned by my great Uncle who bought it in 2007. It only has 75,000 miles on it, but hasn't been driven in a few months. I've worked on it a couple of times, including changing the oil, fixing the rear doors (that are now broken again), etc. I have alot of plans for it, but number one on the list is to go over the truck with a fine-tooth comb and make it a reliable daily. I plan to drive both Rangers interchangeably depending on how I feel that day.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Nice!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
What was it that Hooper said?

"You're gonna need a bigger slab..."

Nice Shaun!!!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
1 ... 58596061626364 ... 115