437 messages Options
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 22
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Did some badly-needed cleanup and rearranging on the Driveshafts page (Driveline/Driveshafts).  And, while doing so I added the factory shop manual's writeups on single and double-cardan driveshafts.

But, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look and see if it makes sense to you.  Start with the How To Locate Part #'s tab and read the instructions.  Do they work for you?

Also, I bought a new tab application that lets me get more tabs on a page than before.  Heretofore I was stuck with 5 wide before the arrows came up to scroll.  But now that we have the website using more of the screen and I have the new app I can get many more tabs on.  So I went with 7 for the Driveshafts page.  Does it work for you on whatever devices you are using?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bit of a redo on the Brake section: Driveline/Brakes.

It now has all 8 sections from the factory service manual, which total 86 pages, as well as illustrations and parts lists for all the systems.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
Quick question, sorry if im perstering about it, but did you manage to get any of that dealer pricing put on the website? If so, i havent been able to locate it.
Hunting for a Bullnose, single cab, 8 foot bed, decent shape with little to no rust! and under 10k in near or around the STL Mo area, (Illinois is a valid option aswell!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Responded to your question here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Website-Forum-Suggestion-Box-tp4094p25787.html

Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseHunter02
Thanks so much! Looks like immabe occupied for a while!
Hunting for a Bullnose, single cab, 8 foot bed, decent shape with little to no rust! and under 10k in near or around the STL Mo area, (Illinois is a valid option aswell!)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Got the scanned "blueprint" for the frame repair and liner replacement, and added it to the Steering Gear Frame Liner page in TSB's/Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Wheels.

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
There's some free documentation here that might interest you:
https://www.blueovaltruckparts.com/diagrams
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - Thanks.  I actually have most, if not all, of those files.  But I'll check what I have against those and capture any I don't have.

Everyone - This is a good source for documentation on other vehicles if you are interested.  Unfortunately it doesn't have the Bullnose documentation.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Romel is trying to fix his speed control, so I scanned in Section 37 of the 1985 FSM and added it to the page at Documentation/Electrical/Speed Control.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jochen is helping his friend restore his '72 F-Series and had questions about installing the windshield.  So I scanned in the section on that and added it to the website: Documenation/Exterior/Stationary Glass - Butyl Type Seal.  (Yeah, that's a weird name, but that's the name of the section in the FSM.)

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
...I scanned in Section 37 of the 1985 FSM and added it to the page at Documentation/Electrical/Speed Control.
Can you link this TSB (either my copy or yours) to that page?

It's very important for any Ford vacuum cruise control.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Steve - It isn't, but I'll make it so.  Thanks!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've added two pages:

• TSB 90-25-12 Speed Control: It is in Documentation/TSB's/Electrical/Climate Control/Starting/Charging.

• Tape And Decal Application: David found Ford's instructions on how to properly apply decals and tape stripes.  It is in Documentation/Exterior/Tape And Decal Application.

And I added a link to the new TSB on the Speed Control page.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Today I added this page: Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems/Vacuum Fittings.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Just added the 64-page 460 section from the 1995 factory shop manual here: Documentation/Engines/385 Series, then the Instructions tab followed by the 1995 Factory Shop Manual tab.  (The other tab is for the section from the 1985 FSM so we'll have both the EFI and carbureted versions.)

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And, I should have told y'all that I added a bunch of part #'s to, naturally, the Part Numbers tab on: Documentation/Emissions/Thermactor Systems.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Was chatting with Chris McGaugh on Messenger this afternoon and he was wanting information on sun visors.  So I created a new page: Documentation/Interior/Sun Visors.

But you'll quickly see that there's no info on that page regarding the visors themselves, just the brackets.  That's because I realized that we needed a page that gives the part numbers for ALL of the interior soft trim. (Documentation/Interior/Interior Soft Trim.)  That page has a new pdf that's been created by extracting the 112 page Soft Trim Section from the MPC and then stripping out the info on the A, B, E, & R-series trucks from it.  That cut the page count down to 56, which should be much easier to wade through.  

The soft trim document shows the various color options, part numbers, etc for the seat covers, sun visors, floor mats, carpet, arm rests, door panels, roof trim panels, etc.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Added a new section called Accessories (Documentation/Accessories), and two new pages in that section:

Tie Down Hooks: Cory spotted some tie down hooks for the little Ranger, but that gave me enough info to find them in the MPC.
 So I thought I ought to document them before the info got away.

Tonneau Cover: I'd recently run across the tonneau cover in an early accessories catalog, so thought I'd document it since my teacher told me that you can't have a heading with only one thing under it.  However, when I dug into it I found a mystery - the 1981 accessories catalog has the tonneau for the F-Series trucks listed, but the 1986 accessories catalog says it is only for the little Ranger.  On the other hand, the MPC does not have that part number.  But it does have an illustration for it.  

And, on Facebook some poor soul asked about a "dipstick holder" for his IDI.  The folks on their showed their true worth and bashed him.  (Don't you just love how much help some of the FB'ers are.  )  So I went to the Documentation/Engine/IDI Diesel page to help him.  And while we have all of the part numbers for that engine, we didn't have the illustrations for the IDI's.  So I added a tab and the 11 illustrations I could find in the MPC.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks to Scott/kramttocs we have several new pages: Documenation/Literature/Miscellaneous Literature/DeeZee:

1986 DeeZee Catalog

Cab Organizer Brochure

Lited Grille Instructions

Lited Running Board Instructions

Side Box Board Instructions

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yesterday I was contacted via email regarding the lack of info on the website for the splash shields on the bed. So today I had a few moments to add that info to the Documentation/Exterior/Beds page.

But, in doing so I embellished things a bit. On the illustration for the single rear wheel trucks, which looks like a Styleside but there's no illustration for a Flareside and they take the same parts anyway, I put info on the fasteners used since we don't have those fasteners in the Fastener info. However, on the DRW illustration I got even fancier and not only added info on fasteners we don't have, but added links to the one fastener we do have. Which then meant I had to embed a pdf rather than a picture so the blue box would work.

And, when I created the pdf it made it very small for some reason, which meant that when you first looked at the page you needed to click the zoom feature at the bottom. So I figured out how to make pdf's larger so there's no need for zooming when you pull up the page. (I printed the page and made it larger in the print dialog.)

In fact, let's see what it looks like here:

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 22