444 messages Options
1 ... 891011121314 ... 23
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It has been a while since I updated this thread.  Meanwhile, lots of scanning has been going on.  Here's some of what's been done.

These pages have been added to the Interchange pick in the menu:

A/C Interchange

Brake Interchange

Diesel Injector Pump Interchange

Distributor Interchange

Starter Interchange

Steering Interchange

Water Pump Interchange

Window Lift Motor Interchange

These pages have been added to the Literature/1981 Literature section:

1980 Truck Service Highlights - Chassis:

1980 Truck Service Highlights - Electrical: This one is very interesting as it shows how to remove and install the ignition switch shows the difference between the early/carryover headlight switch that had an internal circuit breaker vs the later switch; has a discussion of the digital clock and how to operate it; how the CB radio is to be installed and how to operate it; and even how to install the speed control system.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Today I got this done:

Alternators:  I got the 46 pages for car alternators scanned, but the 70 pages for trucks is still running through the scanner as I type

Crankshafts: 12 pages of car info and 13 pages for trucks

Heads: 21 pages for cars and 23 pages for trucks

Distributors: Added the 9-page car info

And I also added the 1980 Light Truck Roadability Diagnosis Guide.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary, what do you do in your FREE time?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That IS my free time.  

This is a hobby, and a hobby is supposed to be fun.  And I'm having FUN!

But, Janey and I are headed into T-town today to just run errands, do some shopping, and hang out together.  So y'all are on your own today and there'll be no progress on the interchange front.

Having said that, I have a trick I want to try on the coding for embedding pdf's, so will probably do a bit a playing with that will sitting in Barnes & Noble.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I added two documents from the factory shop manual to the website:

Front Drive Axle: This is a 21-page document, and it is on Driveline/Axles & Differentials and on the Front Axle tab and then the Instructions tab

Wheel Hubs and Bearings - Front Wheel Drive: This is a 4-page document and it is on the Driveline/4WD Front Hubs & Rotors page and then on the Instructions tab

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I scanned in the 4wd front suspension instructions from the FSM and put them up on the website as I wanted to be able to easily refer to them.  But, they looked lonely so I put up the Twin I-Beam ones as well.  You'll find them on the Instructions tab here: Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I added the General Suspension Service section (14-21) to the Suspension & Steering/Front Suspension page.  The reason was that I was searching for the instructions on installing the ball joints on a 4wd vehicle and thought they must be there.

This is a strange thing, but the ball joint write-up for the 2wd vehicles is in the Twin I-Beam instructions, but not so for the 4wd.  Instead, there's a statement in the 4wd section that says:

Refer to Section 15-34, Front Driving Axle under Steering Knuckle, Removal and Installation for spindle replacement on 4-wheel drive front axles.

Fortunately that section was already on the site: Driveline/Axles & Differentials, so I added a link and an explanation, as shown below.  Does that make sense?  Better ideas

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I added the factory shop manual's instructions to the Interior/Steering Column page on the Instructions tab.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We have a new page: Picture Galleries/1984 FORD F-150 XLT PICKUP.

You talk about a time capsule.  That thing IS!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Trent Alexander, a FB friend of mine as well as at least one more on here, messaged me to ask for a part number for a 460's exhaust system. So I went to our Exhaust Systems page and found it a dog's breakfast. (Ask a Brit.)

So, I've now thoroughly revised the page, including all of the parts information from the catalog. Thirty seven pages of parts lists.

And, I've included Ford's how-to, albeit slightly revised to fit with tabs rather than sections of the catalog.

Anyway, please take a look and let me know if it works for you.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Delco - I see that you posted:

Gary- just an fyi the link you gave for toolboxes isn't working. The other one (IAC) does. I'm about to hunt for the toolbox section the old fashioned way. - and thanks for posting this! Not sure how you have the energy to do all this!!

And I tried to respond:

I've fixed the link, thanks for telling me.  As for the energy, I took this afternoon, after church, off from going to the shop.  I wanted to stay in with my wife, who didn't feel well enough to go to church today, which is very unusual.

But there was no post to respond to, so it bounced.  What happened?

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Added a new page today currently called 1986 F-Series Rapid-Spec.  But, as it turned out after I looked at the info I'd scanned in it was only F150.  So I'll have to go back and see if I have the other pickup info as well as the Bronco.  And then I'll rename the page to 1986 Pricing, but will provide a redirect so old links work.

Anyway, go to Literature/1986 Literature and pick the 1986 Model F150 Series in the bottom left.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And, Bill gave me some info on 1991 and later 460 starters as well as PMGR starters, and I added it to the Engines/Starters page.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Update: The 1986 pricing has info on all the trucks now.

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary- I noticed something similar on my end. I may be young but I’m not tech savvy so I just shrugged my shoulders. That’s one of the stranger glitches I’ve seen here
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Was the post deleted?

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Added two TSB's today:

96-15-11 FRAME - RIVET REPLACEMENT WITH BOLTS

80-4-13S A/C RAPID ON-OFF CYCLING OF COMPRESSOR CLUTCH

And, I added them to the TSB Index. But, this thing sure is TEDIOUS!!! There has to be a better way.

Right now the process is, and I'm including it here to help me get my mind around it:

1. Save the scanned pdf to a file on the One Drive and get the embed code
  2. Create a new web site page and embed that code on the page. (Note: Creating a new web page always puts it at the bottom of the list of pages and it'll have to be dragged and dropped at the right location w/in the TSB's to show up in the menu correctly. But, for this step leave it there at the bottom as it is much easier to find in order to do get the URL.)
  3. Publish the web site, go to the new page which shows at the end of the menu, and copy the URL
  4. Go to the TSB Index, find the TSB's entry and if there isn't one create it, and then create a hyperlink to the proper web page out of the TSB's # in the Index
  5. Go back to the web site and drag the new page up to where it should be with the other TSB's

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Added another page to match the Frame Repair Kit E6TZ-5K130-A that's supposed to be here on Monday.  But, it is supposed to come with instructions, so those may get added to the page or used to replace these.  We shall see.

TSB's/Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Wheels/Steering Gear Frame Liner.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Have added two pages to the site so far today, although each of those pages has multiple-page documents on them.  Both are in Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions:

3.03 3-Speed Toploader: But, I don't know for sure that "toploader" is the best or only designation for it.

Single Rail Overdrive (SROD)

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I also added the following from the factory shop manual: Section 16-01 on clutch testing and adjusting, Section 16-02 on clutch removal and replacement, Section 16-03 on adjustments to the mechanical clutch linkage, and Section 16-04 on the hydraulic clutch linkage - all here: Driveline/Clutches and Linkage.

1 ... 891011121314 ... 23