Sound Track For Ford Truck Show

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
42 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sound Track For Ford Truck Show

ratdude747
Only use the original version of "Life is a Highway" (Tom Cochrane)... sorry, but as a rock fan the Rascal Flatts version makes my skin crawl!

(or not, this is Gary's list not mine!)
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by viven44
You guys are doing great!  Please don't stop.

Shaun - I'd not heard those songs, but have now found them on Apple Music so they are good options.

Danny - East Bound And Down is a good one.  But since I won't have video I'm not sure the commercial is the best source for that.  Apple Music has the song itself so I can easily add it to the play list.

Vivek - Apple also has the music from Cars, which I've actually seen 12 times.  But while some of the songs are applicable to a truck show some of them aren't.  For instance James Taylor's Our Town is a great song and I'm a huge fan of his.  But while I can see in my mind's eye what was going on in the movie when it played, I doubt others will as few will know the movie like I do.  But I'll see what songs from there seem to fit.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ratdude747
ratdude747 wrote
Only use the original version of "Life is a Highway" (Tom Cochrane)... sorry, but as a rock fan the Rascal Flatts version makes my skin crawl!

(or not, this is Gary's list not mine!)
Which version from Cochrane?  The 1991 or the 2018 one?  Or maybe the Veggietales one?  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I prefer chris ledoux version
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
1991... I did say "original"!
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
For sure, I was just sharing the video.

Chuck Berry- No Particular Place To Go
Eagles - Take it Easy
Golden Earring - Radar Love
ELO - Mr. Blue Sky
John Fogerty - Center field
Rascal Flats -  Life is a Highway
Johnny Cash - I've Been Everywhere
Tom Petty - Runnin down a dream
Dire Straights - Money For Nothing
                         - Sultans of Swing
                         - Walk of Life
1985 F-350 XL | 460 | C6 | "Rufus Maximus"
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew | Cactus Grey | black out package | max tow
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So it doesn't have to be pickup/car related?

Hooo boy!  I can think of some Rockabilly tunes that might fit right in with a 50's theme.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Danny G
Kip Moore - Something about a Truck
Brad Paisley - Mud on the Tires
Tim McGraw - Truck Yeah
CW McCoy - Convoy.... Had to
Tobey Keith (R.I.P) - Big Ol Truck
Willie Nelson - On the Road Again
Florida Georgia Line - Cruise
Jason Aldean - Take a Little Ride
Dirks Bentley - What was I thinkin'
Raelynn - Why I Got a Truck
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
So it doesn't have to be pickup/car related?

Hooo boy!  I can think of some Rockabilly tunes that might fit right in with a 50's theme.
Personal playlist items for me on the drive lol figured I drop em in the pot.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Unfortunately, my playlists are all over the place from Mississippi delta blues to thrash/speed metal, Bluegrass to Psychedelia, Jazz/fusion, Protopunk, Indie, Grunge and Rock from my childhood.  ðŸ™ƒ

I definitely have a thing for Rocka/Surfa/Psychobilly. Who doesn't like Dick Dale or The Reverend Heat?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Danny G
Jason Abbott Old Ford Truck

Andrew Gilbreath Thank You Lord for My Ford
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
. I had painted the kitchen cabinets in our old house "Ford Truck Blue"..

Not quite turquoise, not quite robin's egg, but somewhere right in there.
It matched the cool '50's marbleized Formica counter almost exactly!

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
By the way, when is the Truck show ?

I am required to provide dates for some travel in Sept... would be great to plan so I don't miss this.
Vivek

- BB 2WD - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with a 460 from an 86 Bullnose/C6
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Gary told me he's shooting for September 14th but I don't think that's set in stone (asked for getting time off work; based on that I haven't requested anything, I don't think that's a confirmed date). And without a date, no post about the show (Gary: this is your friendly reminder that this thread is literally the only thing on the site referring to the/a 2024 show!)

This website move (and his life in general) has been hectic from what I can gather... show is likely a bit on the back burner. A lot going on (I can relate!)
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Galaxie 500 by Jim Heath?

Link: https://youtu.be/jUR-GC_twq8?si=kh_m3nazH03O0f-A

There's also Five-0 Ford:   https://youtu.be/k9UF33CSiTA?si=W2rCe3HCiUAjtNi8

He does like his hotrod when he isn't out touring with the band (200 gigs last year, not bad for 65 years old!)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The show is to be Sept 14 at the Chuch of Christ in Skiatook, Ok.  There will be a dinner at the same place the night before for forum members and others.

I'll make an announcement soon.  This has caught up with me apparently sleeping.  

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
Tail on the Tailgate - Neal Mccoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CYdDxbWglg
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Vinny, whereabouts you setting roots in NC?

After seeing that I-6 start video last week it seems we need a regional headquarters!  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Vinny, whereabouts you setting roots in NC?
Brevard, Transylvainia County, NC, until I can get further up the mountain....
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Just got Janey's old iPad set up and a playlist created.  Found almost everything y'all suggested on Apple Music, but not quite all.  Anyway, there's lots of music so I'll have to listen to it tomorrow.  And pair the iPad to the Sony in Big Blue.

Thanks guys!