Bullnose Forums

Sound Track For Ford Truck Show

I'm thinking about turning the key to ACC on Big Blue for the show in September and playing "car tunes". So this thread is for y'all to suggest tunes to add to the play list.

Realizing that some of these aren't Fords, I'll still suggest the following. Y'all chime in please.

• Hot Rod Lincoln

• Maybellene

• Get Your Kicks On) Route 66

• The one about the engine with the W-shaped valve covers. (Bill knows)

• G.T.O.

• Mustang Sally

• Take Me Home, Country Roads

• Lord, Mr. Ford

• Convoy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Church on Cumberland Road" by Shenandoah (has the line "Oh no, I never knowed a bored out Ford could go so slow")

"Good Directions" by Billy Currington (again complaining about how slow his old Ford is, there might be a trend here that you don't want!)

"Mercury Blues" by Alan Jackson (lyrics changed to "crazy 'bout a Ford truck" for the commercial)

"F150-50" by Morgan Wallen

"Take it Easy" by the Eagles

"Drive" by Alan Jackson

"One Piece at a Time" by Johnny Cash

(I better get to work now!)

"The Church on Cumberland Road" by Shenandoah (has the line "Oh no, I never knowed a bored out Ford could go so slow")

"Good Directions" by Billy Currington (again complaining about how slow his old Ford is, there might be a trend here that you don't want!)

"Mercury Blues" by Alan Jackson (lyrics changed to "crazy 'bout a Ford truck" for the commercial)

"F150-50" by Morgan Wallen

"Take it Easy" by the Eagles

"Drive" by Alan Jackson

"One Piece at a Time" by Johnny Cash

(I better get to work now!)

You guys are on a roll, and let the good times (continue to) roll!

Some of those I don't know but will go and listen to them. Obviously Once Piece At A Time is perfect for Big Blue since he started as an 85; has a steering wheel, A/C compressor, & speed control from a 90; a front axle from a '95; hydroboost from a different '95; an EEC-V system from a '96; and springs from a 2005.

Take It Easy is perfect cause:

Standing_On_The_Corner.thumb.jpg.19165864c1d375f392e880a242e46905.jpg

You guys are on a roll, and let the good times (continue to) roll!

Some of those I don't know but will go and listen to them. Obviously Once Piece At A Time is perfect for Big Blue since he started as an 85; has a steering wheel, A/C compressor, & speed control from a 90; a front axle from a '95; hydroboost from a different '95; an EEC-V system from a '96; and springs from a 2005.

Take It Easy is perfect cause:

Bad on Fords - Ray Wylie Hubbard

8 Miles a Gallon - Scott Miller & The Commonwealth

This one contains profanity just FYI. But at least give it a listen because it's maybe the only song written about the 460 V8.

Bad on Fords - Ray Wylie Hubbard

8 Miles a Gallon - Scott Miller & The Commonwealth

This one contains profanity just FYI. But at least give it a listen because it's maybe the only song written about the 460 V8.

"Little Deuce Coupe" by the Beach Boys

"Car Crazy Cutie" by the Beach Boys

Ballad of Ol' Betsy" by the Beach Boys

"Cherry, Cherry Coupe" by the Beach Boys

"Our Car Club" by the Beach Boys

"Fun, Fun, Fun" by the Beach Boys

"Little Deuce Coupe" by the Beach Boys

"Car Crazy Cutie" by the Beach Boys

Ballad of Ol' Betsy" by the Beach Boys

"Cherry, Cherry Coupe" by the Beach Boys

"Our Car Club" by the Beach Boys

"Fun, Fun, Fun" by the Beach Boys

I'll check out the others listed, but I'd forgotten about Ballad of Ol' Betsy" and "Cherry, Cherry Coupe". I've even seen the Beach Boys in concert and I'm not sure I remember those songs. :nabble_anim_confused:

Luckily Apple Music has them.

Born in '32

And was she ever pretty

She rode a freight train west

from Detroit city

Betsy!

She may be rusted iron

But to me she's solid gold

:nabble_smiley_good:

I'll check out the others listed, but I'd forgotten about Ballad of Ol' Betsy" and "Cherry, Cherry Coupe". I've even seen the Beach Boys in concert and I'm not sure I remember those songs. :nabble_anim_confused:

Luckily Apple Music has them.

Born in '32

And was she ever pretty

She rode a freight train west

from Detroit city

Betsy!

She may be rusted iron

But to me she's solid gold

:nabble_smiley_good:

All of those except for Fun, Fun, Fun were off the Little Deuce Coupe album, which was one of the first albums I ever bought, probably in about 7th grade. I don't know how many times I listened to allof those songs! Be True to your School, 409, Shut Down, Spirit of America, No-Go Showboat and Custom Machine are other good ones, but less Ford related. (I was never a big fan of A Young Man is Gone)

All of those except for Fun, Fun, Fun were off the Little Deuce Coupe album, which was one of the first albums I ever bought, probably in about 7th grade. I don't know how many times I listened to allof those songs! Be True to your School, 409, Shut Down, Spirit of America, No-Go Showboat and Custom Machine are other good ones, but less Ford related. (I was never a big fan of A Young Man is Gone)

I was just about to post the same thing, Bob. I’d pulled the album up on Apple Music:

IMG_1762.thumb.png.417eba3912fec296db413e2db12f2424.pngIMG_1761.thumb.png.de6e34ef25dee8caa8d05fffb1ab27f3.png