classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
88 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Big Blue's Seat Platform

Gary Lewis
Administrator
They do have a control that let's you adjust the angle, but it goes from laid back a bit to laid back a whole lot.  So I have them in the most upright position in that pic, which is where I have mine when driving as I have the seat back as far as it'll go and that's the only back angle that can be used.  But if my daughter drove it she could lay it back quite a ways as she likes the seat way forward.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We took a short trip today and Janey likes the new passenger seat position.  She slid the seat forward a couple of notches and then leaned the seat back a notch or two and pronounced it comfortable.  She would like it a bit lower, but that's really not possible so she's happy with where it is.

As for the ability to lean the seatbacks back, here are shots showing how far back they can go:

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Gary Lewis wrote
As for the ability to lean the seatbacks back, here are shots showing how far back they can go:
Wow!  That's pretty low, almost rocket launch seats angle!
Looking more to the Moon than at the road, maybe comfortable for a sleeping passenger, although not sure about the driver's position...
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jeff - Yes, they lay waaaaay back. But remember that these came in Broncos and Supercabs that had room behind, so that makes sense.

Anyway, when driving the truck lately I discovered a new noise that sounded like something loose in the suspension. But Dad taught me when something new appears go back to the last thing you did, and sure enough, the bench seat track rattled:

I have several spare bench seats, and the one that John/Machspeed's chrome guy gave me had a reasonably-tight track. So I pulled that, cleaned some of the rust off with a wire brush, ran brake cleaner through it to get the gunk out, and then lubed it with JB Chain Lube and synthetic wheel bearing grease. After swapping it for the one that rattled I'm a happy camper:

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Gary Lewis wrote
Dad taught me when something new appears go back to the last thing you did, and sure enough, the bench seat track rattled:
A Wise Man, your Dad.

Gary Lewis wrote
I have several spare bench seats, and the one that John/Machspeed's chrome guy gave me had a reasonably-tight track.  So I pulled that, cleaned some of the rust off with a wire brush, ran brake cleaner through it to get the gunk out, and then lubed it with JB Chain Lube and synthetic wheel bearing grease.  After swapping it for the one that rattled I'm a happy camper:
Cool!
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, he was a wise man, but I didn't recognize it at the time.

Oddly enough, he liked quoting poems or books, and one of his favorites was this statement by Mark Twain: “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”  I wonder if he was trying to tell me something?  

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
Gary, I love it.

This is reminding me of the song «But Now I Know».

Restored 2019-2022.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's great, Jeff!  I've heard it before but hadn't seen the video, and I really like it.  Looks to me that it was shot in France, and some parts of it in Paris.  I see things I recognize, inc a deux chevaux.