489 messages Options
1 ... 17181920212223 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

Machspeed
Administrator
Gary, just sent you an email through the forum which was, again, undelivered.  

Here's the contents of that email

This is the mail system at host n8.nabble.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<janeyandgary@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[172.217.195.26] said:
    550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to
    domain's 550-5.7.26 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of
    yahoo.com domain 550-5.7.26 if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
    550-5.7.26  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about
    the 550 5.7.26 DMARC initiative. o3si2891633otk.87 - gsmtp (in reply to end
    of DATA command)

Show original message
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, John.  I'll report this to Nabble support.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Thanks Gary!

Jim, please don't think that I ignore you. I've posted things here for which you've commented but I did not see them till much later. This, due to my inability to follow a thread. Your input here, at least from my perspective, is vital and I always want to know what you think. Appreciate ya, buddy!!!  
John

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Seems like Yahoo's legacy is that they don't update their protocol, or security (or both!)

I don't feel ignored -at all- John.

This is Gary's kingdom, and he is the one who wields the power for change.
I asked a few questions, so I could tease out a bit more of what problems you're encountering.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
So John is obviously not aware, but this morning a new member tried to register from a Brazilian Yahoo address... thrice.

I approved his membership and fired off the boilerplate all new members get asking them to read the rules and make an introductory post in New Members.

After that he registered again, using a period between his first and last names (his username)
I sent him a note (CC's to the admin team) that I'd already escalated him to member and hoped he would get what he needs from the forum.

Later yet he has registered again.
So, five attempts and it seems he is still not aware that he is welcome.

I don't get any mailer daemon rejection, but I'm not the one being rejected either.

Perhaps I (or Gary) should to try and contact him from Gmail rather than through the forum?
But given what John says I have my doubts that would work either.

ETA: Is there a way to whitelist Yahoo on the Nabble side of things, because I think Google's policy change is here to stay.
(Now isn't that ironic, given Alphabet's propensity to just get traction with something and 'disappear' it, or coldly killing off legacy services that are universally liked, while pushing half baked conglomerates that do everything, but nothing well.

/rant
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - Thanks for all the efforts.  But I'm not sure it is a Yahoo issue.  I realized that discussing the email addresses used here wouldn't be appropriate so I sent you and the other admins an email.  He's been promoted to member via two different Gmail accounts and one Yahoo account.  Let's see what transpires and which account he uses.

Again, thanks for all the effort.  It was very confusing.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Jim, tried to email both you and Gary this morning but got the same deliverable message. From the site, it appears to go but it comes up deliverable on my Yahoo email account. I'll just wait and see what Gary finds out.
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - I don't have a message from you anywhere, including in the spam folder.  (Yuk!  There are AWFUL things in there!)

So can you post what you got back as a response?  (Yes, it'll have my email address, but I'm not worried.)

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I posted to Gary earlier today that I have nothing from you, not even in spam

It's an issue that needs to be addressed.

Be certain that we are working on it.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary and Jim, I just sent out a test email to both of you and it has not come back on me as the previous have. Can you let me know if you received it?
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - I'm not seeing anything from you.  And I've looked in spam as well as anywhere else it could be.  Sorry.

Could you post the undeliverable message you go back when you emailed me?  I'd like to put that on Nabble support.

And, do you have another email address to try?  Or, could you create one on Gmail?  You can change your email address.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Not anywhere here either, John.

Sorry! 🤷
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've perused the Nabble support forum and see instances of others having problems with Yahoo.  Found a statement by my mentor over there that said "Such unreliability is one reason why I have largely abandoned my Yahoo addresses."

And in several instances the people set up a Gmail account and everything worked.

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Okay fellas, I changed my email address....lets try again! Sent out emails to both of you....let me know if you got them. Should be off my Suddenlink account.  
John

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I got it and replied.

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Thanks Gary. Sorry to be such a hassle for you guys.
John

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I did get it!

But you said respond on the forum, so here I am.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Machspeed
Not your fault.  And I'd not heard about any problems with Yahoo.  But now we know.

Please test out the ability to subscribe.

Reply | Threaded
|

fryntrz
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without email notifications similar to FTE?  I've been spending more time on the truck which has increased time browsing here - I'd like to be able to file certain threads for future reference when I have a 'know I've seen that somewhere' day as I progress through the project.
Bryan
1985 F-150 2wd frame off restomod underway, 460ci/TKO600 swapped
Instagram: @fryntrz
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bryan - I'm not sure what you mean by "subscribe to a thread without email notifications".  If you "subscribe" you will get email notifications, but you can decide if you want to subscribe to an individual thread or the folder it is in, like Projects, or to the whole forum.  And, you can decide if you want an email for each new post or a daily rollup showing all new posts.

However, you may be talking about a link to a thread or a post.  And that's called a "permalink".  If you want a link you can store away to a specific post click More on the far right of that post's header, then Permalink, and then copy the link that appears.  You can paste that link somewhere and then click on the link later to come back directly to that post.

Or, you can get a link to the whole thread by going to the very top of the thread and click the Permalink there.

Does that help?

1 ... 17181920212223 ... 25