classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
489 messages Options
1 ... 16171819202122 ... 25
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Website & Forum Suggestion Box

salans7
In the Marketplace section of the forum, is there a way some of the "escaped" "found this part/truck" threads can be corralled back into the Ebay/Classified finds folder? Some of them seem to have "jumped" out and it's getting a little confusing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Do you mean this?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Gotta watch Cory...

Not critical but would it make sense to include Facebook and Kijiji in the eBay folder name?
Originally I was going to throw out the idea of giving each their own folder but that might be too granular.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, either I'm losing it or one of the other admins is working this at the same time.

I edited the name and moved the 86 Flareside 2wd thread into the Ebay et al folder.  And when it went the other out-of-the box threads disappeared.  And then they started coming back - in the Ebay folder.    

Anyway, that was the morning Cory forgot to drink his coffee.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Yep, those are what I was referring to. I'm guilty of doing the same thing but I caught it immediately.

You might be losing it because I still see nine threads outside of their proper "pen".

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Anyway, that was the morning Cory forgot to drink his coffee.  
Ha! I might forget a lot of things, but drinking coffee wouldn't be one of them...lol.

My apologies Gary...I didn't realize that those threads were misplaced. I do usually go directly to the Ebay section for my posts, but if I missed it I missed it.

Full disclosure I am in a bit of a stupor sometimes at 3 and 4am when I am doing this...lol. I would prefer to be sleeping at those times instead of being online, but sometimes I am reluctantly awake
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No problemo.  We appreciate the sleuthing you get done in your stupor.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote

Full disclosure I am in a bit of a stupor sometimes at 3 and 4am when I am doing this...lol. I would prefer to be sleeping at those times instead of being online, but sometimes I am reluctantly awake
I've noticed that I tend to find cool things or parts online after 10pm, which leads me to stay up later than I normally would have liked. I've never been able to understand why I can't find that same stuff earlier in the day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Angelo Voltura
Just somethings I've noticed on my mind lately I figured I'd drop a comment here.

First one I mentioned recently in another post is the addition of a quick reply box at the bottom of a thread similar to FTE, not sure how easily that would be implemented but it would be nice to have a quick reply so I'm not redirected to another screen.

The other is that I've noticed with the amount of content on the forum in it's documentation section is that it's getting a bit cluttered trying to find anything in the drop down boxes on the desktop version of the page. Maybe a rework of how those are displayed? You have to scroll quite a bit and it's easy to "slip off" the drop down box and then have start over. I wonder if something like a drop down box with your basic "initial" list appears, in smaller font and listed in a box side by side in order, and then clicking on one brings you to another screen, would be a little better navigation wise.
1978 F150 351W
1979 F150 "410M"
1979 F100 302
1979 F250 400
1987 F150 300
1990 F150 302
1991 F150 300
1995 F150 (1985 clip swapped) 300
1997 F250 351W
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Angelo - I don't think we have much chance of having a quick reply box.  That would require coding mods to the Nabble forum and that's way above my pay grade.

But I agree with you about the menu.  Yesterday I slid off three times in a row trying to get to something, and it was FRUSTRATING!!!

Plus, the day before Bill told me about a document that had the pages out of order.  I couldn't find the document and had to ask him for a link.  And even then it was really hard to find.  Turns out detailed documentation on MCU's is in the Literature section.  

So the place needs an overhaul.  But I think we need to put together a team to accomplish this.  And the team should have at least the following expertise:

Superb organizational skills

An understanding of how Ford organized things so as we go forward we can easily slot new info into the system

An understanding of how to use Weebly's various options for menus

Any volunteers?????

Reply | Threaded
|

Angelo Voltura
In the past I have done work on various websites, be it creating my own forums and managing 3wheelerworld.com but I am not familiar with Weebly.
1978 F150 351W
1979 F150 "410M"
1979 F100 302
1979 F250 400
1987 F150 300
1990 F150 302
1991 F150 300
1995 F150 (1985 clip swapped) 300
1997 F250 351W
Reply | Threaded
|

IDIBronco
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I am not sure if it possible, but can the inserting a hyperlink into a post be changed to not default to "http://"?

I am sure on a computer it is fine, but copying and pasting with a smartphone you have to delete it then paste in the link you copied.  If not you end up with a double "http://" because when you select the location and try to paste it just deselect that and pastes after.

My vote would be for defaulting to a blank with a note above showing

"Enter URL: http://..."

Or something similar?  I am sure it is a nonexistent issue for everyone else.  Just something that I end up having to go back to correct often in previewing messages before posting.
1985 Bronco
6.9 IDI
C6 T19
hydroboost brakes

8 Lug coil sprung D44ttb
10.25 3:55
warn classic bumper
8274 warn winch
Saginaw Conversion

1986 Ford F350 "Dump Truck"
6.9 IDI
T19
8'x12'x4' hydraulic dump bed
front mounted tow bar

1981 Ford F350 "Welding Truck"
300 I6
T18
Welders bed with hoist
onboard air
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The fact that we see so many https url's now doesn't help.

I'm conscious of it and always back it out before pasting, but I can see how it would make posting links easier if the prefix weren't there.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by IDIBronco
That http:// being loaded in the field already has bitten me plenty of times, so I agree it should be taken out.  However, after you suggested it I've checked and cannot find what generates it.  So I'll ask my mentor, Greg, if it is something I can change and, if so, where it is.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, unfortunately that turns out to be something that I can't alter.  Sorry.  Guess we are going to have to live with it.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I know it isn't here yet, but sometimes I have trouble getting the Capcha to complete.
It's probably down to my connection and flakey servers.

Don't forget to change the title.

And the 3G page too.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I hope it is more the flakey servers.  We are still making progress on the new server front, so maybe that problem, and others, will go away when we get that fixed?  I hope.

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
John - Can we move this discussion to the Website & Forum Suggestion Box thread?  Not that I'm worried about keeping this thread pristine, but I'll never think to look here for forum or website issues.

But, since we can move this post as well, let me ask a few questions.  First, what do you mean by "either of the above"?  I missed something.  Email and???

Jim suggested spam folder, but I think you are not even getting the email to go to anybody.  Right?  What happens when you click on "Send Email To" someone?  Do you get the page shown below - using Jim as an example?  What happens when you fill out the form and hit Send Email?
Yes Gary, by all means. I hesitated posting it on Big Blues thread, but did not know where else to put it.

As to my inabilities here, I cannot email anyone from the forum. When I do, I do get the Robot thing which I have to address and when I send I get an undelivered mail return notice in my email.

Also, I cannot follow any threads. If I click on the "Alert me by email when someone posts to this thread" box, I receive nothing.
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
John - No prob on Big Blue's thread.  And no need to move it here.  We'll just work it here.

Ok, on the subscription issue, you are saying that when you post you tick the box that says "Alert me by email..." and then reply you never get an email notification.  And you've checked your spam folders.  Right?

And on sending email to people, you get an undelivered notification.  How 'bout emailing me and then post the undelivered notification?  Maybe I can spot what is wrong with the email address.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Machspeed
When you click "Alert me by...." do you follow through and click "Confirm my subscription..."?
 Jim,
1 ... 16171819202122 ... 25