1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Observed Problems

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks.  I've posted that in the FAQ's.  And I wonder how many oddities ad blockers account for.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Indeed. I also wonder how much I need it.

Been running without it since I read this and haven't really noticed anything.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Today I tried to post three YouTube videos and couldn't get them to work, so contacted Nabble support.  Turns out that the code YouTube gives you when you say Share and then Embed has extraneous stuff in it that kills the post.  Further, when you try to fix it there is something weird with Google Chrome that gives an error message.

But, Edge seems to fix it.  And, what you have to take out are gesture="media" and the allow="encrypted-media" bits from this one, which is what YouTube gave me:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jfixEwNzw0Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And when done it looks like:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jfixEwNzw0Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Gary, FWIW, I have been using Edge for a while now. Today we are back to strange login issues again.

See attached:

Note it shows "Login", but I am logged in???
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
But you didn't lose your post?  Bizarre!  

I'm at a loss.  I reported the other, but don't have a resolution for that.  Now we have a new issue?

Ok, keep me posted on how many times this happens.  

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
No, and the strange thing was it showed me as not logged in, but let me post???
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
Ok, now I have another weird occurrence, the last post in a long thread isn't completely visible, it is reminiscent of an old TV with vertical hold issues, don't know if it is from some updates or what, it was fine earlier.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Was it visible before the post?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I've had this happen before,  where I couldn't scroll to the bottom of a thread.

I seem to be logged out on all devices this morning.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
The last post I had made previous to the problem one was fine. I just couldn't scroll down far enough to see the latest post, all I was getting was a slice with the top part of the avatar and maybe two or three lines of the post. It seems normal this morning.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
When you only see a bit try increasing or decreasing the zoom on your browser using Control + or Control -.

Reply | Threaded
|

Nothing Special
85lebaront2 wrote
The last post I had made previous to the problem one was fine. I just couldn't scroll down far enough to see the latest post, all I was getting was a slice with the top part of the avatar and maybe two or three lines of the post. It seems normal this morning.
I get that often.  When I do there's a note that says "show more" or something to that effect below and to the left of the last line it shows.  When I click that I'll get another screen's worth.  Sometimes I have to keep doing that over and over, but most of the time it eventually jumps and shows the entire page.

It seems to be related to update speed.  If I use "Ctrl" with the mouse click to open a thread in a new tab and then don't switch to that tab too soon it doesn't seem to happen.  But if I get to the tab before either my computer or the host (I don't know which) is ready to show everything, then I run into it.
Bob
Sorry, no '80 - '86 Ford trucks
"Oswald": 1997 F-250HD crew cab short box, 460, E4OD, 4.10 gears
"Pluto": 1971 Bronco, 302, NV3550 5 speed, Atlas 4.3:1 transfer case, 33" tires
"the motorhome": 2015 E-450-based 28' class C motorhome, 6.8L V-10
"the Dodge": 2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7L Cummins
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm at a loss on the "View More" thing.  I've not seen it, but believe that you are.  Let's see if it persists and then I'll go ask Nabble about it.  Perhaps we can figure out common denominators first.  So please report when you get it.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I have not seen view more either.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
So please report when you get it.
Let's see if I can do this.... 3 pictures embedded, lessee if this works...

First picture is the front page of Gary's forum; notice the RH slider bar is at the very top:

When I scroll down to the bottom of the content (i.e. to the end of the list of threads) notice the RH slider bar is still pretty close to the top of what the browser considers to be the entire page:

When I scroll all the way to the bottom of what the browser considers to be the end of the page (can see that by virtue of the RH slider being at the bottom) notice the "View More" link at the LH side. Myself and a few others needed to click that View More thing in order to see "long" threads, e.g. the one about the foglight switch bezel:

~~

As an aside, another problem since the most recent change....

At the front page, list of threads... Observed Problems is purple BUT Bill Vose had posted and the timestamp representing that was blue to tell me that. I click that blue link which would normally take me to Bill's post, it doesn't do that anymore; instead, it takes me to partially down the FIRST page, I need to scroll down to the bottom of the thread (which is still way above the View More link) and click the furthest RH page number to be taken to the last page (and to Bill's post).
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In classic webapp-diagnosis fashion, I cleared my browser's cookies & cache but the erratic behavior exists.

And just like my example using Bill Vose's post, same situation with my own post.

e.g.

From the front page, list of threads... click the timestamp in the Observed Problems thread; it doesn't take me to the post I just made, it merely

1) takes me to the first page of the Observed Problems thread

2) Drops me down just below the first posting and leaves me there.

~~

Another weird thing will happen here; I will post THIS message but the browser won't take me to its location in the thread to where it was posted, I'll be someplace else (though I forget where that will be).
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Yeah, it took me to the top of the first post in the thread, not to the post I had just made (on Page 7).
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ctubutis
I think I heard Rod Serling talking and I've entered the Twilight Zone.

Chris - You did a good job of explaining and documenting, but I can't duplicate your symptoms.  Chrome doesn't seem to give me View More, even on really long threads like the fog light bezel or WHYDTYTT.  In both cases I can scroll to the bottom of the page w/o getting a View More.  And, if I click on the timestamp for your post it takes me directly to your post.

So, is this a browser issue?  Let's see who sees these issues and what browser they are using.

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Thank you, Gary, more experience here than I want to admit.

The site seems to work fine on Edge, perhaps there's now a compatibility issue with Mozilla browsers.

~~

Totally off-topic but the drywallers are presently installing sheetrock in my garage.  
1 ... 456789