161 messages Options
1 ... 3456789
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Observed Problems

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It is tempting to throw all the tech available at this to-be iPad replacement. But, I have the whiz-bang laptop to which I can turn for serious portable work, or the fairly competent shop desktop for really serious work. So what I’m looking for is a niche machine. Something that can run CAD, but might be slow rendering 3D.

I’m leaning to one with the i5 processor instead of the faster i7. That saves a bundle of money, but still has adequate memory, probably 8 gig, and 256 gig of storage. Plus, several of the brands have eliminated the fan with that processor, so it makes no noise - just like this iPad. But, I’ll bet it’s input won’t lag like just happened on this thing - I typed “just like this iPad” and nothing happened. And then it typed it out one character at a time. Thanks, iOS 11. 😡
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Easy Way To Go To Last Post In Thread

Nothing Special
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Update: Duh!    There is an easy way to go to the last post in a thread. In the screenshot below you can see that the thread Swap Meet Items has 8 posts, and the last one was by me at 2:39pm. If you click on the 2:39pm link it will take you to the last post.
Gary, is there a way to get to the first new post since I last visited?  I know that clicking on the time (as you showed) gets to the last post, and clicking on the title of the thread goes to the first.  But for instance, I haven't been on the site for a couple of days, and when I try to get caught up on some of the busier threads (like the project and "what have you done..." threads) I need to go to the last post and then go back page by page until I find something I recognize.  Most boards seem to remember when you were last in a thread and have a way to go to the first new post, but I haven't found that here.
Bob
Sorry, no '80 - '86 Ford trucks
"Oswald": 1997 F-250HD crew cab short box, 460, E4OD, 4.10 gears
"Pluto": 1971 Bronco, 302, NV3550 5 speed, Atlas 4.3:1 transfer case, 33" tires
"the motorhome": 2015 E-450-based 28' class C motorhome, 6.8L V-10
"the Dodge": 2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7L Cummins
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm sorry, but this one doesn't appear to have that feature.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
This is one of those features I *really* wish this software had.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Perhaps the new code they are supposedly creating will provide that feature.

Reply | Threaded
|

How To Get The Input Box Back!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I just had a discovery.  I was typing a post and when I hit "Preview" the ability to scroll down to the place to type the text disappeared.  Oh no, now I can't get to it in order to finish it.    But for some reason I hit Control+, meaning the Control key and the "+" key at the same time and the text box came back.  

If you aren't aware, Cntl+ increases the size of the page and Cntl- decreases it.  So, that's a way to cause the code on the page to refresh the display without hitting the Refresh button - which causes you to lose your input.  So, if you hit Cntl+ you'll be zoomed in until you hit Cntl- to take it back to whatever level of zoom you were at.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How To Get The Input Box Back!

85lebaront2
Administrator
I will have to try that when I lose the Post and Preview buttons.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Johns3524
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks for the heads-up.  We will see if others have a similar problem, but at least you are on.  

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Gary, I am trying the forum on Edge, no signatures are showing.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
On internet Explorer, I am seeing the signatures.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Is it IE or Edge?  There's a difference.  Edge comes with Win 10, although IE is still available from what I read.

Anyway, Chrome has been flakey for me for some time.  And just now Facebook on Chrome was so slow as to be unusable.  Then I saw that I didn't have sigs showing.  Fired up Edge and the sigs popped up.  Then FB worked instantly.  Think I'll try Edge for a bit.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
It is IE, Edge does not show signatures for me.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I just had an epiphany!    In my case it isn't Edge nor Chrome that is killing the signatures.  It is AdBlock.  

I got a new tablet, this Surface Pro, to replace my iPad and in the course of setting it up I've been installing all the "stuff" I have on my laptop, including AdBlock.  One of the reasons I went with a Windows device is because I cannot edit the website with an iOS device.  So, once I got the tablet set up I started editing the website, and I ran into problems doing so with Edge.  Then I downloaded Chrome and it worked fine on editing the website, but it didn't show the signatures.   Hmmm, what happens if I turn AdBlock off on any page on the website?  Signatures show!

Then I want back to Edge and discovered that with AdBlock running on the forum pages the signatures don't show there either.  And, sure enough, when I disable AdBlock on those pages the signatures show.  However, even with AdBlock turned off on the Weebley pages Edge still won't let me do certain things, like change the color of font, that Chrome will let me do.

So, Chrome is back as my favored browser, and signatures show!  

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Ok, since you don't have ads I turned adblock plus off for your site, sure enough all the sigs are back. Now I need to see if I can edit mine to put the names in bold.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Just use the bold chiclet after highlighting the names.  It'll put "" in front and "" behind what you have highlighted.

Well, that didn't work.  Just use the chiclet.  

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I am not seeing a bold chiclet on the signature page.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh yes, what I did was cheated.    I went to a normal post, typed out what I wanted and used the chiclet there.  Then I copied it and pasted it into the signature field.

Or, place a <x> ahead of what you want bold, and a </x> after it, and change "x" to "b".

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
And what do you do if you don't have arrows on an Android keyboard?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Play like you are posting in response to this, highlight the proper words, hit the B chiclet, and then copy and paste the resulting code.  

1 ... 3456789