classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
38 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need Help Testing TEST Forum

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Some of y'all know that we are planning to move from the Nabble servers we are running on to AWS servers as soon as possible.  At this point we think we have all of the issues sorted out save for one - the ability to log on.  

Yep, that is a very serious problem, and one that may have a simple solution but that solution is eluding several of us.  So I need your help testing to see what works and what doesn't.

The forum is the one in the menu above at New Bullnose Test Forum.  And since it is a backup of this forum from a couple of weeks ago you should be able to log right on.  But here's what I'm seeing, with "doesn't work" being where you present your ID & P/W, they appear to be accepted, and then the page that comes up shows you aren't logged in:

Windows 10:
Chrome: Doesn't work, but had been on the computer for some time
Edge: Doesn't work, but had been on the computer for some time
Firefox: Does work, but this was a fresh installation

iPhone X:
Safari: Doesn't work.  (I said it did, but I was wrong.)
Chrome: Doesn't work
Edge: Doesn't work

Android 10:
Firefox: Worked for Jim but not for Jonathan  

So please test logging onto the TEST forum.  Again, it should use your ID & P/W for this forum.  But if you want to reset it the change will only be for the TEST forum, not this forum.

And when you reply please tell me what hardware and browser you are running on.  I need to see if there is some commonality in what works.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need Help Testing TEST Forum

salans7
Windows 10, Microsoft Edge - Doesn't work, at all. It has worked in the past few times you asked us to log in there.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Shaun.  But I'm really confused as no one else has reported that their ID & PW weren't accepted.  Just that they are but then they aren't logged in.

Have you changed your password in the last two weeks?  If not, how 'bout saying "Forgot" and going through the steps?  Would only change it on the TEST forum.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
I just logged in on my iPhone 11 via Chrome. I had some odd behavior, but I can’t say 100% it wasn’t bad typing of my password on my part:

Tried to log on, got incorrect password message.

Tried again, and didn’t get an error this time, main page of forum loaded. Tried to reply to a thread and it kicked me back to the login page.

Refreshed the site and tried to log in again, this time it worked and it showed my username at the top.

It almost seems like something is giddy in session storage or authentication?
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, speed control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Thanks, Shaun.  But I'm really confused as no one else has reported that their ID & PW weren't accepted.  Just that they are but then they aren't logged in.

Have you changed your password in the last two weeks?  If not, how 'bout saying "Forgot" and going through the steps?  Would only change it on the TEST forum.
When I do that, it won't even recognize my email. I even went back to the main forum, logged back in using the same email and my password and the main forum has no issue with my email, or my password.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ckuske
Chris - Thanks.  By "refreshed the page" you mean you used the Refresh link in the upper right or the refresh circular arrow for the browser?

And, can you toggle from this, the production, forum to the TEST forum and back and have it showing you as logged in?

Yes, something seems bonkers.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
Shaun - I guess it is worse to not be recognized than to be recognized but not able to log in?  

You might try logging onto the TEST forum with this URL.  That is the unembedded version and seems to work quite well for me and several others, so see if it recognizes you.  Maybe we can figure out why you can't get in that way.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by salans7
I figured out the issue. I was trying to access the test forum through the below menu, and not the link you provided in your initial post. When I click the link in your initial post, I have the same symptoms you've been describing, where I login, but it doesn't say I logged in.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wonderful!  (I think?)  At least we are on the same page and seem to have only one problem.

Reply | Threaded
|

jdavidsmi
The link up top did not work for me same issue as everyone else. The URL link works like it should, no problem

Using my iPad and Safari
David,
1984 F150 LX, 4x4 117 wheel base, Engine Code "F" = 302, 5.0 2/B,
Transmission code "A" = 4sp manual New Process model 435
Axle code "19" = 3.55 (ford 8.8) manf.  08/1983, in Norfolk
DSO code "21" AtlantaFactory Air Conditioner, Dash with Gauges
1990 Goldwing 1500
1986 F150 XLT, short bed, 5.0 automatic
2004 F53 Fleetwood Terra motor home
2017 Chevrolet Traverse
Home town Viola Tennessee
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Worked for me using Win10 and Firefox. I will try MS Edge and Goggle Chrome. No good on MS Edge nor Google Chrome. Since I do not do this on my phone I can try Safari on my old MacBook Pro (Mary has the new one as hers is headed back to Apple for the 3rd time).

Ok, tried using one of the older MacBook Pros and Safari. I got the login page, entered everything, and same results, takes my credentials, and right back to "login".
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Used the link in your first post in this thread. Logged right in.

iPad Safari
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
I didn't get to post over there.  It would open and take my login, but when I tried to post that I was "in", it asked for login and wouldn't go anywhere.  

Win10, chrome.  Doesn't work, just as you said it wouldn't.  
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary, as of now I cannot log in using the "New Bullnose Test Forum" link in the header on the main page of the forum, nor the link  in the first post of this thread.
I continue to bounce back to the login page.

But I am logged in if I use the "this URL" link in the post I am replying to.    

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if it is me at all?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - It ain't just you.  Here's what I'm concluding:

Embedded: This is our normal way of seeing the forum and is what you get when you go to New Bullnose TEST Forum in the menu at the top of this page or use the link in the first post.  Going in this way gets most of us in when using Firefox, but doesn't get many of us in consistently when using Chrome, Edge, or Safari.  And most of us can't get in at all this way.

Direct: Using this link takes you directly to the TEST forum, meaning it isn't embedded on the website.  You can tell that 'cause you don't have the menu at the top.  And I think this works 100% for us.

So, y'all, please tell me if I'm wrong on the above conclusions.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You are correct.

But I am (trying) to use the link at the top of the page, not the Bullnose drop-down menu that Shaun is showing.

Yes, I realize these are all Imbedded links.
And that when I did get in using FireFox/Android I copy-pasted the Gabble URL directly into the FireFox browser because there was no history or cache.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Ok, Gary, I went back, used the direct link and Chrome, Edge and Firefox all allow me to login on the test forum.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Boy, I'd need to make screenshot movies...

Part of the problem seems to be that it's inheriting site attributes from the mother ship... but even a browser that has never heard of you before has problems. MS Edge, FF Developer Edition, are having problems, I can't reply to anything....

This one is the developer edition but I guess its submission isn't fair; I had created a post and was ready to submit it, but then went and updated the software (hit the 'restart now' thing in the Help menu) and, when it came back and I tried to submit (with cached stuff), I got this one - a 500 error, which is generally a server misconfiguration or buggy software.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim & Bill - Thanks.  I think you confirmed what I expected.

Chris - Your comment that "it's inheriting site attributes from the mother ship" is something I've been wondering about.

What if I create a new website on Weebly and embed it there?  Let's see if there is anything to that idea.  Might that help?

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I put up a new website: http://bullnosetestforum.weebly.com/bullnose-test-forum.html.  And I still cannot log in.