classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
38 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need Help Testing TEST Forum

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I am able to log in using the link you've provided.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I really really like that weebly site. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, you two can get in but I can't.  And I can't on Safari, Chrome, Edge, nor Firefox on my iPhone X, and Firefox was just downloaded so there was no history.  Nor can I log on using my Win10 tablet with Chrome or Edge.  But I can with Firefox.

I am completely and totally LOST!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
For the record, I NOT get on using Janey's iPad Pro Chrome nor Safari.  But I have logged onto the forum with that device using both of those browsers before, so they must be remembering something.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And, to add to the mystery, I just downloaded Safari for Windows on this tablet and I cannot get on using it, which was obviously a totally new installation.  So Safari, Chrome, and Edge are a no-go, and Firefox is a winner on my Windows machine.  And it is consistent on either the normal website or the new Weebly one.

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
I was able to log in to weebly.

iPad, Safari.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This is working for me with Android and Chrome.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok guys, thanks.  But Jim, "this" means the Weebly URL?

And to both of you: Does the Weebly URL behave differently than the normal website's TEST forum?  That's the key.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Gary. I am playing with this again, using one link takes me to this:
http://bullnosetestforum.weebly.com/bullnose-test-forum.html

Using another one takes me to this:
http://test-bullnose-enthusiasts-forum.2.gabbleforum.org/

The Weebly one (first URL) appears to be the same as the current as far as appearance, says "Powered by Weebly" in a blue banner at bottom left. The tab for the page has a W on it.

The Gabble one, the forum sections go all the way across and appear pretty normal.

Hope this will help.

Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It helps, Bill.  Thanks.  But another piece of the puzzle is how logging in works from the same machine & browser on all three instances:  (Note: These are in Bill's order with one added.)

Embedded On Weebly: This is the one on the new website with the blue WEEBLY banner at the bottom and the W on the tab.

Not Embedded: This is the direct-in version and it should have an N on the tab.  This should always work regardless of machine or browser.

Embedded On Bullnose Bible: This is the one you get to via the menu at the top of the website and it'll have the Bullnose icon on the tab.

All three should have exactly the same info, and look roughly the same although when you embed something the page will be narrower.  They are just different ways of getting to the same thing, but for some reason the first two don't work in many cases and, as far as I know, the last one always works.

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I didn’t notice a difference.
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dane - So all three worked for you?

Reply | Threaded
|

ckuske
Administrator
Hi Gary, I just tapped in the address bar and pressed "Go", as Chrome on iOS doesn't have a refresh icon/button.
Chris

'84 F-150 XL 2WD Flareside, 302 w/ AOD transmission, Motorcraft 2150 feedback carb w/ CA Emissions, EEC-IV w/TFI, factory A/C, Tilt Column, Borgeson/Bluetop Steering, Speed Control - Info about me and my truck - My project thread
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Yes, the Weebly version with the blue bar.

I can also enter the Gabble address and get to that one (on AWS?)
But if I use the link at the top of the forum, or the link you provided farther up-thread I can't get past the login page.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Gary Lewis wrote
Dane - So all three worked for you?
No, I’m sorry, I just used Safari.
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Dane - Thanks. I think I understand.

Jim - All three links point to the same code running on the AWS servers. It is just that the page on this site that you get to via the link in the menu, which has the Bullnose icon, and the Weebly one, which has the W on the tab, are embedded so it looks like it is on that website. But the direct-in one, with the N for Nabble on the tab, isn't embedded.

I don't know enough to know what is different between one and the other. Where's a crying face?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I understand.
I'm saying there's something about using the first link and the links on the homepage that is broken.

It's like coming from that path the forum software doesn't recognize that I exist.
Or a security 'feature' is blacklisting me even though my email and credentials are good.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've been looking over the DNS settings and they look wonky to me.  So I've asked my mentor, Greg, to take a look and shared access to the GoDaddy account with him.  I'm hoping this explains things to someone that understands CNAME, forwarding, etc - and I don't.

So let's hold off on any more testing 'cause I'm really thinking this might be "it".

Thanks, folks!