Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: My '82 Flareside

Gary Lewis
Administrator
They look good.  You did well.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Getting there inside

Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks GOOD!  👍

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Actually, isn't that "improper" use of the flag?......
A. it is lot lighted at night
B. hole cut in it...

Just sayin.

The cops around here actually stopped a Red-neck in a jeep for using a U.S. flag as a Bikini top on the jeep during the fourth of July......
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Honoring a flag is not misusing a flag . .JUST SAYIN !!!!!
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Nothing Special
In reply to this post by reamer
From when I was a Scoutmaster in Boy Scouts teaching flag etiquette what I think I figured out was that there really aren't many (if any) laws about how you need to treat the flag (especially now that flag-burning is protected free speech), but there are a lot of guidelines.  By those guidelines, yes, using a flag as a headliner is very improper.  Most people that do things like that do them as a sign of respect for the flag, but others will take it in the opposite way.  Remember when Kid Rock wore an American flag as a scarf in the Super Bowl half-time show, and then tossed it on an amp when he was done?

Actually (as I recall) using flags as decoration violates the code.  Something like you can have one flag displayed, but if you want more red, white and blue than that you should use bunting.

Personally I don't get too wrapped up about it.  I try to do what I remember is right, but I certainly don't get worked up when someone respects the flag in an alternative way.
Bob
Sorry, no '80 - '86 Ford trucks
"Oswald": 1997 F-250HD crew cab short box, 460, E4OD, 4.10 gears
"Pluto": 1971 Bronco, 302, NV3550 5 speed, Atlas 4.3:1 transfer case, 33" tires
"the motorhome": 2015 E-450-based 28' class C motorhome, 6.8L V-10
"the Dodge": 2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7L Cummins
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I posted pictures of my painted trim that I added to this truck. You guys can frickin BITE ME !  Am I clear enough?
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Nothing Special
In reply to this post by Nothing Special
Nothing Special wrote
....I certainly don't get worked up when someone respects the flag in an alternative way.
Please don't get so worked up when someone is supporting you.
Bob
Sorry, no '80 - '86 Ford trucks
"Oswald": 1997 F-250HD crew cab short box, 460, E4OD, 4.10 gears
"Pluto": 1971 Bronco, 302, NV3550 5 speed, Atlas 4.3:1 transfer case, 33" tires
"the motorhome": 2015 E-450-based 28' class C motorhome, 6.8L V-10
"the Dodge": 2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7L Cummins
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I didn't asking for anyone's commentary on the flag. As a matter of fact, I didn't ask a question at all. I was posting my progress with the interior transformation. The basics seem to be lost by some.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Basics, maybe. details, not so much.
Calm down Pumkin'.

We as a society want everything our way, do what we want, and everyone needs a "participation trophy"
Basic rules and etiquette seem to serve a purpose only when you want it to....

If you want to be Ignorant, (not arrogant or disrespectful) please be my guest. But your cutting up a flag to use it as a headliner, (as cool as a 16 year old may think it is) you may find yourself in a confrontation with someone in the near future riding around like that.

I do find this disturbing and a unit of measure how far we have let us go.....

We need to start following some common sense rules/guidelines like put the phone down and not walk into the pole, the need cars that stop for us cause we don't watch the road and instead of cracking down on rules, ...make the car stop for the dufusses.....

Take some responsibility and pride in yourself...

Lieutenant Ron Recchia
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by PetesPonies
Gary,

These kinds of reactions will occur when ANY current or previous (e.g. Revolutionary War Confederate) U.S. flag is used for something like this, be it a headliner or seat cover or something else.

This touches a lot of different emotions in different people with different values, and people react exactly like you can see here in this thread.

C'est la vie; it gives people an opportunity to display their true colors, I guess.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chris - I agree.  Which is why I've not said anything.  As long as the comments aren't hateful or mean-spirited I'll let them continue.

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In reply to this post by reamer
Don't ever tell me to calm down. I am my own spirit, of which you have no control over. That's as nice as I can be without a gesture. Find something else to bitch about.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Now that the seat is recovered and installed, all that is left are the door panels inside. But that brings in some work that needs done to the left door. I need to install an S spring and I had some terribly, heavy chipping on the door, as well as two spots in the lower corners. So the door came off, the chips addressed as well as the corners. Primed today, sanded and sprayed tomorrow morning and back on the truck late afternoon.

Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
Hey Petesponies have you got any pics of he hinges as I think both my doors are missing them too. Where did you get the replacement parts and how hard were they to change
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
No pics, but I could take one tomorrow. Nothing fancy . .its the way Ford hinges were sprung for many years. Do your doors not stay open?
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
No they don't and it looks like there is parts missing and both doors are the same
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
All this refers to the upper hinge.The S spring is called that because it forms a perfect S shape. There were two types of hinges, one used a spring steel plate, the other the S. Do your hinges have holes top and bottom of the hinge where the S spring can be inserted? Or do you have a broken off plate in the middle of the upper hinge.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Did the paint repair before football, installed the door after football. Good day. Now ,  I really have to decide what to do about the speaker grille.

Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Making good progress.  

On the speaker grille, scoring a pair of good ones from a salvage, or from someone on here would solve the problem.  But I'll warn you that people have told me the re-pops from places like LMC aren't as good as the original ones.  A friend put the ones from LMC on and they flex quite a bit, as if the plastic isn't as thick or some bracing wasn't included.

1 ... 34567