More Emoticons? Less Emoticons? Which Ones?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
84 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: More Emoticons? Less Emoticons? Which Ones?

Dorsai
Gary Lewis wrote
Added a couple of ROTFL's, but the yellow/blue guy is too hard to see, so I like the rolling head better.  Thoughts?  Got a better one?

Bastille Day is almost upon us, so that rolling head one might come in handy!
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Say, this just gave me an idea!  There are two ways to put emoji or gifs on here.  The easy way is to click on the Smiley dropdown above and select something.  And that's the menu I've been working on.  But those have to be very limited in size since they also show in the menu.

However, you can copy the URL of something that you like that isn't on the list and paste that into the Insert Image popup.  And I could make that easier by hosting various emoji/gifs on the website so you'd know where to go get some of them.

In fact, I sorta have as I created a hidden page to house the various emoji I'm placing in the menu.  But, I've just added three things that you could easily use.  It is on this page: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/smilies.html.  As said, it is hidden 'cause I didn't think anyone would want it, but if you do I can easily un-hide it.

Thoughts?

And here are the bigger things that are on that page:

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
If I quote you I see the file name and extension.

Just cut & paste your own oval.
A little fotochop or whatever.
You're hosting it, right?
If Dearborn comes down on yo azz pull it.

A pair of animated yellow cartoon hands slow clapping would be fine to me.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, you can quote it and see the source, but that requires being a member.  Anyone on the internet can right-click the pic and see the link.

But, editing it isn't quite that easy as that gif is made up of 15 frames, and each of them has to be edited.  I can do that, but maybe later if we don't find one we like better.

As for Dearborn, they'll have to go after thousands of others as well.  I found that gif in about that many different places, not to mention all of the places that actually use them.  So I'm not too worried.

And I've found clapping hands, but not slow-clapping hands.  But if we can find them they'd be just the ticket.  Simple things work pretty well, but complex things not so well.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in this, so maybe I should stop right here and give it a break.  But I added:

Money Flying:

Sarcastic:

Thumbs Down:

See what y'all think.  And we can pick this up later.

Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
I think that flying money one will see a lot of use!
Matthew
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yeah, on my threads.  

Is it better than   Do we have a need for both?

Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
Hmm... I'm trying to get GIF's from the interwebs, but when I try to put it into "Insert Image" it returns an error on file type... Not sure that's your problem to fix, but I will look at it a bit more before giving up.
Ford Grand Wagoneer - 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer preparing to receive a Ford drivetrain...

A Keeper - 1993 F-150 XLT Super-Cab 5.0 EFI 2WD E4OD 8.8" with 3.55 gear Sold it for my Grand Wagoneer project!

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It is not my problem.

That is a gif and it loads nicely.  But the clip I found of slow clapping from Friends won't load 'cause it is over the 1 Mb max size.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Citizen Kane is the classic..

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Can we get the waving emoji they have at fte?  (Hi neighbor, see ya, welcome)

It had a stupid name, but I'm unsure what that was. (Wink, maybe?)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Thumbs down makes me feel like I'm in Rome!

But I did use it.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Can we get the waving emoji they have at fte?  (Hi neighbor, see ya, welcome)

It had a stupid name, but I'm unsure what that was. (Wink, maybe?)
Good suggestion.  It was "wink2".  I put it in place of the FORD emblem at the center bottom.  Haven't seen anyone use the emblem and I don't particularly like it:

But, if someone thinks we need a Ford emblem please say so.  And, please point out one you like.

Keep those ideas coming in folks!  This is OUR forum, so let's make it like we want it - at least as much as we can.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Thanks!  

While I DO like boobies, it's not really in keeping.

So, do you want an emblem that rotates, on a white background?

I may have more I'd like, but I have to actually find some for you instead of asking you to do the work.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No, they wouldn't be in keeping.  

As for the Ford logo, if you think we need one then point one out that you like.  It doesn't have to be itty bitty as I can resize it.  But, like I learned from the Bronson clip and the ROTFL animation I had on, it does have to be recognizable when reduced to smiley size.

Also, it can't be a big clip.  I found a Friends slow-clapping clip but it was way more then 1mb and I couldn't put it on here.

Once we get what we think is the full set of smileys then I can do some re-ordering so we get like ones near each other.  But for now let's just keep tacking them on.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I DO think we can lose pirate, ninja, moustache and music.

What about Matthew's request for a poop emoji?
We wouldn't want him to alienate his son.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I DO think we can lose pirate, ninja, moustache and music.

What about Matthew's request for a poop emoji?
We wouldn't want him to alienate his son.
I agree on losing those, and I don't remember anyone complaining after I suggested it.  Last call, y'all!

As for the poop, I didn't know if Matthew was serious or not.  Let's see what he says.  Or others for that matter.

Having said that, I worry that it is not in keeping.  However, maybe if it is called "Poop"?  Is this what y'all envisioned?  ðŸ’©

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
That's what I thought he was talking about.
**I've never heard it called anything else.

But like he said it isn't potty talk any more.
Youth use it in many ways that don't mean $#!+ now.

I think I'd like the head explody thing I posted on the last page.
It ties in with what I said about losing your reply.
A banhammer animation might be nice too.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
Gary Lewis wrote
As for the poop, I didn't know if Matthew was serious or not.  Let's see what he says.  Or others for that matter.

Having said that, I worry that it is not in keeping.  However, maybe if it is called "Poop"?  Is this what y'all envisioned?  ðŸ’©
As my wife would readily tell you, I may be nearly 50 years old but I still have the sophisticated sense of humor of a pre-teen.  So sure, I was serious about suggesting the poop emoji, but if it's not in keeping with the tone of the establishment I'm hardly going to complain.  
Matthew
Atlanta GA