classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
209 messages Options
1234567 ... 11
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello new users!

JimmyZ
Yes sorry I just changed that. I just sold a 1994 Bronco and bought a 1984 Bronco. I'm in Suwanee, Ga.  
1984 Bronco Custom, 5.0L 58k original miles
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by JimmyZ
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  Sorry for the delay.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Jerry Y
Just joined today. Lots of great information posted on this site. I have a 1981 F-100. Bought it off an old guy who just drove it to get coal, church and groceries - not in that order LOL. He purchased with no accessories, none, no radio, no bumper, no power steering - 3 speed on the column, 8k original miles when I bought it from his sister when he passed on. I drove it for a few years and then sold it to a friend who said he was going to fix it up, it sat for years. I bought it back 3 years ago, just a year before Covid hit, has engine 4.9L 300 straight 6 rebuilt with a new carb, pollution junk removed, at 33k original miles its running perfect, just working on the body now. Still not retired but in a few, reason I have a purpose on this truck is I joined the US Air Force in 1976, active from 1977 to 1981, if I stayed in allot of guys were taking their reenlistment bonus and buying new, I took another path back home to Pennsylvania.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jerry - Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Usually people start their own thread in the New Members Start Here Folder, so would you mind if I move it?

Second, we'd love to see pics of your truck.  But you may want to read up on how to do that on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's in the menu.

And, speaking of the menu, check out the page at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.  We could add you to the map with a city/state or zip.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Jerry Y
Welcome!
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Fitz24
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
First, thanks for letting me join the forum.

I recently bought a '80 Bronco with 351m and auto trans.  Looking forward to finding some valuable information from the experts here as I begin to bring it back to life.

Currently runs and drives pretty well.  It's going to need some work and paint after fixing other problems.  Some mysterious looking wiring under the hood that needs to be cleaned up.  AC has a lot of new parts but is not working.  Interior is in good shape.  Just need to replace carpet and fix door lock linkage.

I'll submit some pictures later when I get a few good shots.
Reply | Threaded
|

Fitz24
In reply to this post by nic55kel
nic55kel wrote
This is a great site for the bullnose trucks. Over the years I have owned 3 of them and my favourite was an 86 300 np435 3.08 regular cab long box non catalyst 2wd F150. It was the absolute definition of a work truck: simple, reliable, low maintenance and tough. Unfortunately it rusted away.

I had the same year and setup.  Wish I would have kept it.  It was a beast.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or post code.  But I'm guessing you are in Canada since you said "favourite".

As for the truck, you should start your own thread in the main section.  Show us some pics!

Reply | Threaded
|

noclssgt
Howdy!
I just came across this forum searching for some A/C compressor related issues for my F150.

So, name is Daniel and I'm from Cincinnati. I've had my 1986 F150 for about 3 years. My dad owned the truck before giving it to me when he bought another truck to replace a H2 Hummer that was falling apart. He had this truck for about 6 years and was the 2nd owner. We believe the original owner or at least the family is still around us somewhere. To this day we still have some of the original owner's stuff like a lottery pencil in the ashtray as well as business cards that had his family members' garage codes and the original belt is under the seat. We kind of hope that one day the original owner or their family members will wave us down and we can chat, in which we will give them the garage codes and lottery pencil back, lol.

The truck is all original with just at 138k on the clock. I have all the original documentation such as the window sticker and paperwork with business card of the salesman of the dealership (no longer around). The paint was fairly faded but I did my thing on it last week and buffed it up which brought most of the paint back to life. I'd say it looks pretty good for 36 years old and all original.

1986 F150 After Buffing
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Daniel - Glad you joined!  

Nice truck!  I especially like that it is original.  (And, I like the color scheme as it appears to be the same as Big Blue's.)

We have a map, which you can see on the page at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map, and we could add you if you'd like.

Reply | Threaded
|

noclssgt
Sure!
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by noclssgt
Welcome!
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by noclssgt
You are now on the map.  

Reply | Threaded
|

mikemcmahon
This post was updated on .
Hello All,
 I've owned 1983 ford f150 with a motorcraft 2150 E3TE BSA carbureator.   I blew the head gasket and decided to have the valves redone, replace the timing chain, water pump and make it look presentable.   Well it morphed into a bigger project.  I lost my pictures I had taken of the vacuum system hookup and now am at wits end.  I have the items all installed on the intake manifold but am not clear on the hookup on the rest of the vacuum lines besides the power booster for the brakes and the distributor.  Reading the Chiltons book I got from the library it is kinda of cryptic since not all years are included.

Thank you all for the assistance I found the vacuum diagram on the truck...so now let me see if that works...Excited to get it back on the road

Thanks,

Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Mike welcome to the forum.

2 things it will be asked where you from, zip is good enough, as we have a members map if you would like to be placed on it.

2nd maybe one of the admins can move this out to the main new members area or somewhere where it will be seen by more people that can help.

Oh a 3rd do you have smog check where you are so all has to be in place and working or just in place for looks but not working?
I ask because if you dont have smog check some of the stuff can be bypassed.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by mikemcmahon
Mike - Glad you joined.  

But requests for help won't get as much exposure here in the NMSH folder, so you really should start a new thread in the main section to ask for help in order to get max exposure.

Having said that, have you found the vacuum diagrams on the page at Documentation/Vacuum Systems/Vacuum Diagrams/302/5.0L?  Those are all 1984 or '85 diagrams, which you can tell from the leading number, like the "4" in 4-54R-R12.  

And, by the way, that sequence of numbers is the calibration code.  Do you have the calibration code for your truck?  It should have been on a sticker on the passenger's side valve cover.

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by mikemcmahon
Welcome!
Dane
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Glens
Hi Folks just joined as I have found a True Barn Find. 1983 F100 300 Straight 6 Stepside(Styleside) . Bought at Estate Auction. Never left Texas. Last Titled in Texas 2013. Looks like it just stayed on the Ranchito and hauled feed to the cattle and put back in Barn. Repainted sometime as the under color is a Tan looking paint. . No rust and no dents. Has AC and Power Steering, both work. Runs like a top or as far as I've run it on my 10 acre place. Thanks for the site and info.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Glens!  

Another valuable member of our Flareside Owners Group.

Looks to be in great shape.
I'm glad it's running well for you.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
1234567 ... 11