12345 ... 11
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hello new users!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Sure glad you joined.  

So, where in The Netherlands are you?  I ask for several reasons.  First, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you if we had a town.  And you'll see that we have other members there as well.

And, I've spent time there, both on holiday as well as on business.  Love the country and the people.  

Nice truck!  Hope you'll start a thread in the main section and tell us all about it.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

FordUSAF150
Well thank you sir, super to be One of the Members

Because of my job I can only tell you the nearest City from where I live. And that will be Breda, the Southern of The Netherlands.

Very curious where all the members are from. Would be great to meet some of you guys in Holland, during a holiday or a business trip. And who know when I'll be overseas in The US

Promise when I got my truck sitting on the driveway I'll let you guys know
From The Netherlands, the most Western country of Europe with a 1984 Ford F-150 ''Bullnose'' XLT Lariat extended cab 4x4 5.8 V8 aut
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by FordUSAF150
Yes, welcome!
You found yourself one really nice truck
The color scheme, pinstripes, and accessories all go really well together. The exhaust really fits and looks great as well.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map: Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.

You'll see that Andre is in Amsterdam.  Or, maybe I should say his Bronco is because at present he's in Spain, but will be back this Spring.  You can see some of his Bronco here and here.

It would be good to meet people, and once this virus has run its course I'll be having the show here in Skiatook, OK.  Perhaps this year?  If so it will be on the Saturday of the Labor Day holiday, which will be Sept 4th.  But that's not a given depending an what happens with the virus.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

FordUSAF150
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Thank you very much! I really like the two-tone color scheme. I think the roof/role bar will look awesome when it's mounted on. One of the things the dealer is going to fix. The exhaust looks nice, sounds oke. BUT, because of all the BU^%*&^$#*%#@IT regulations overhere it kinda 'sucks'. I like the deep V8 gurgling sound, so that's going to be a little project. Maybe you or some of the members will give me some advice about HOW TO or which exhaust in combination with oem headers will fit or sounds the best.
From The Netherlands, the most Western country of Europe with a 1984 Ford F-150 ''Bullnose'' XLT Lariat extended cab 4x4 5.8 V8 aut
Reply | Threaded
|

FordUSAF150
In reply to this post by grumpin
Thanks buddy
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I've never touched the exhaust on my 400 (well, beyond adding some more baling wire to it ) but there's been some 351 exhaust discussions here so if you want to start a thread with what you are looking for (both personal and regulatory) no doubt you'll get some good suggestions.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Yes, welcome!  

When you open a new topic about your exhaust perhaps you can post whatever regulations are a concern?
Is it just a decibel limit, or is it that you must have all components with EU or TUV compliance numbers stamped into them?
I know Andre has custom exhaust on his Bronco.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
FordUSAF150 wrote
I like the deep V8 gurgling sound, so that's going to be a little project.
Maybe you or some of the members will give me some advice about HOW TO or which exhaust in combination with oem headers will fit or sounds the best.
Welcome aboard! I used to spend a lot of time traveling for work in both western and eastern Europe, but made only ONE trip to the Netherlands. Since it was a work trip to service a machine, I was in and out in about 48 hours and didn't get to see much but my hotel and the factory.

Anyway...my little F150 is only a 302, and I too wanted a little bit of that V8 rumble sound, but at the same time didn't want it to be too loud. I was trying to make it pleasant to drive, but still give me some of that hotrod feel. Here is a little video with a sample of the sound at idle. The truck wasn't finished at that time, but the exhaust was. It is full dual system with BBK shorty headers and Magnaflow mufflers.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

FordUSAF150
Thank you very much Rembrant! Which place(s) did you visit in The Netherlands? At least you could have had a good impression of Europe. But 48H is waaaaaay too short to really see The Netherlands, or Holland as we say. I really like your truck, rough stance, awesome color and great sound!!! Did you completely rebuild this truck yourself, or bought it this way? I'll keep in mind your exhaust/ manifold set-up
Reply | Threaded
|

L.R.D.
Just found this site thanks to some helpful people over at FTE.  The documentation on the '85-'86 fuel system is already the best info I've been able to find for my '86 E150 anywhere!  That's right, I have a Ford van, not a truck, so I hope that's close enough since finding van-specific info on the web is not easy.  Anyway, I'm having an issue with my in tank fuel pump/fuel selector valve so I'll make a separate post for that.  Should I make a new post in the main thread or reply to one of the existing threads on fuel selector issues that I found?
1986 E-150 5.0L EFI
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you found us.  I assume you are the L.R.D. that said this on FTE?  "oh man, well, don't want to wade into troubled waters there. I did find a bunch of useful info on Gary's site which confirms my suspicion that the problem lies once again with this fuel selector valve."

As for the E-Series, while we don't really consider them a Bullnose, they sure share a lot of parts with them, so we should be able to embrace you.  (Besides, we have several members who don't have a Bullnose truck.)

Where is home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and could add you if we had a zip or city.  Who knows, you might be a neighbor?

And starting a new thread in the main section would be the best way to ask your questions.

Reply | Threaded
|

L.R.D.
Ha! yeah, that was me.  another user there had pointed me to info you have and then mentioned a falling out between the two sites so yeah, don't want to step on anyone's toes, so to speak.

anyway, thanks for having me.  I'm from Kansas City, btw.  
1986 E-150 5.0L EFI
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
There's no real beef.
Internet Brands is a business model. Therefore it sells members and puts advertising on site.
But everything you post, every image becomes their property.

Gary decided to take his ball and go home.
An amazing amount of documentation is here and the S:N is much better.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, Jim is spot-on.  I had an issue with the management of FTE and Internet Brands, which owns FTE and many, many other forums on the internet.  I tried to resolve it but couldn't, so set this up with an eye to what I didn't like about over there - the advertising and the lack of control.

So here we have no advertising, or annual fees to get rid of advertising.  And we are in control of our own destiny, which means we've made a number of changes to the forum to fit our needs, like changing the emoticons and other little things that make it "ours".

But several people on here are also on there.  In fact, I was on FTE yesterday to resolve a problem they were having with posting documentation from here.  (The way they were doing it doesn't work, but the way I suggested does.)  So there's no war.  And you are free to chose which you like best.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by L.R.D.
I gave up my paid membership on FTE after Gary invited myself and a few others as founding members on here. I still get periodic emails asking me to reply to a post or private message, but just don't visit there much any more.

There is another forum I am on that was bought by VerticalScope Inc. and I am not over enamored of the changes they have made, some are better as the basic layout now pretty much matches a lot of other sites, other ones not so much.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
This post was updated on .
85lebaront2 wrote
I gave up my paid membership on FTE after Gary invited myself and a few others as founding members on here. I still get periodic emails asking me to reply to a post or private message, but just don't visit there much any more.

There is another forum I am on that was bought by VerticalScope Inc. and I am not over enamored of the changes they have made, some are better as the basic layout now pretty much matches a lot of other sites, other ones not so much.
Along these lines, I recently got pointed to my thread on taurusclub.com, the one where I repainted HALF of the gray interior with SEM ColorCoat paint. I think I became a paid member over there, although I never paid the photobucket ransom and so half the pictures don't work anymore.

But that's OK, the other half still work, and that's all I need... point being, if/when it comes time to sell all that Taurus SHO stuff *everything* is documented as to what I did and how I did it. THAT is the cool part, that everything is documented (with pictures  to PROVE ("show me," as the judge would say) exactly what I did and *how* I did it.

That car (well, the interior) has remained largely unchanged since it blew up at the racetrack (looks like that was in 2012!!!), and I can point people to it (the thread) if/when it becomes time to sell all those things (the Taurii SHOs) hopefully as one lump sum.

But we'll see what happens, I guess....

https://www.taurusclub.com/threads/i-agree-with-the-book-this-is-best-done-with-two-people.171919/#post-1703156

P.S. Whatever happened to that Founding Fathers thing? I see a place for admin stuff but I don't think I've seen that Founding fathers place recently, is it still here?
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
New guy.  Mt Airy, NC   Truck history includes a 70 F100, 84 Dodge W100, 92 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Nissan Frontier.   THen a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country (best all around vehicle ever).   And now an 81 F 150.  HAve put deposit on; supposed to pick up on 3/17/2021.  Started looking for parts and resources to make it good as possible.   Wife has plans for it to startwork almost immediately.   Solid truck - photos in photo gallery.  

302 with 5 spd conversion - will have questions on identifying the trans when I can get more photos under truck.  Conversion seems to be professionally done.  Dude is providing $6k in reciepts from a trusted local garage for work done to this point.   All work looks good, professional.   Body is solid - no rust or bubbles.

Look forward to talking to you guys more and more.

Randy
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Glad you've found us!  

The quick way to distinguish a Mazda M5R2 from a Zf is that the Zf has diagonal webbing on the outside of the case.

The Zf is a heavy-duty, but also clunkier, gearbox.
It was found behind 351's in F-250's.

While the Mazda was common to both Windsors and the inline 300 (which shares the bell housing bolt pattern.
 Jim,
12345 ... 11