classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
239 messages Options
1 ... 9101112
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cab upgrades

86 1/2 Brutus
when Nick first bought Brutus new, he made it remote start, windows up and down and lock before any vehicle had them.   This is part of the reason we had to rewire the cab.  many years ago we took that stuff out and ended up with many splices.

You throw anything at this man and he can make it happen
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

scbill
In reply to this post by 86 1/2 Brutus
Thanks, I think I have it now, pulled one piece and am comfortable with the removal process now.

I would really like to have the Ford designer's gonads in a vise..the one that thought it would be good to have to remove the dash pad to get to the bottom screw on the corner windshield trim.
 Got the on on driver side out, gonna try to swing the pass side over enough to get the headliner down enough to do the POR15 on the rust spot(s).
1983 F100 XL 300, 6 cyl, aod, long bed
1961 E100 pickup, 289,C4
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Wow! That's crazy.

I'm glad my Brick isn't like that.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by scbill
I started to say that you don't have to remove anything as I literally JUST pulled those two screws.  Then I realized that I already had the dash pad off.  

I think engineers ought to be required to spend a couple of years as a mechanic working on the things being engineered.  They wouldn't do that any more.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Both Nick and I say that constantly.  Every disginer should be requied to spend at least 2 years working on there crap they design.   Nick was in TV repair, thatwas his main line.  Those clever engineers at Sony, used to put the focus controls right by the 15kva high voltage
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I got hit by a charged CRT Cap when I was about 5 years old, screwing around at my dad's repair bench.

'stupid should hurt!' makes a lot of sense.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We used to stick Orange Drops in the wall outlet, pull them out and toss them to someone else saying "Catch!"  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Gotten popped by the high voltage aanode lead many a time
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I had a friend Margret who owned a photo shop.
She had bins and bins of disposable flash cameras.

Eventually I got tired of pranking people, but I did have some good laughs.

I used my body to get someone from a neon sign once.
They were really mad!  ðŸ˜ 
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
I had a Sony vacuum tube tape head recording preamplifier.  It was the first generation with vu meters, the year before they used those tube meters.  Well when those wonderful engineers at sony put the vu meters in, they still had the 375 volts running through them from the previous model, the only bad thing is you have to adjust them for zero.  You place  a jewler screwdriver on the pot on the back of the meter to zero it and it throws you across the room.   That one hurt bad, i was tasting metal for days
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You don't use non-conductive tuner screwdrivers?

Maybe the screws are too small for those glass filled nylon ones????  ðŸ™…
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Yes, i have many of them.  i was messing around with it and didn't have one handy.  the meter was fluctuating like it had a dirty pot, i grabbed something handy to check, zapppppppppppppp    Usually on a vu meter this isnt an issue because they dont normally run 375 volts through them, but then again like i said above these are the wonderful people that put the focus right by the high voltage on a TroubleTron
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
But you know now!  

And aren't likely to forget any time soon (forever)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
no, that was a nasty nasty shock sometimes when i see that thing i crowl at it, LOL
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Jim, did you get the polks yet?
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Nope.
I haven't even turned the key until this afternoon.

I want to set the system and the clock before I go buying better speakers.  ðŸ˜‰
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
yea i hear ya on that.  Thats probably going to be thelast thing i buy before Brutus hits the road again
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
How's it goin Jim?
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
I was listening to Vulgar Display of Power this morning at 50.

I think I need to rethink this "bassinet ".  ðŸ¤”

I don't always listen to thrash metal in my truck..... but when I do, my neighbors do too!  

George, are you still out there?  
 Jim,
1 ... 9101112