1 ... 89101112
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cab upgrades

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't want any kind of good spare..

Give me a day or two, I MAY  be asking about a M/C.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok.  I'll look and see what I have and let you know.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - I have the rag part of the joint on the left, and the whole joint on the right.  Dunno how easy it is to press the right side of the joint off the shaft, but I can do it if you need it.

Any or all of that is yours.  Awa the master cylinder(s).

EDIT:  Oops, here's the pic:

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary, I don't need the joint, just the spline.
But let me see if this line will fix the brakes...
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sorry, which spline?  The one on the left or the one on the right in the pic?

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The steering box spline.

Bricknose use a different joint -hence 'rag'- but the box seems the same across generations.

I got shanghaied to form and pour a retaing wall today, so no progress but hopefully my coil of line will show up at the barn.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
There's a tornado warning here in CT and the sky is pea soup green.
Lots of thunder.

This is uncommon in these parts.
But I know enough to tie everything down.

GTG...
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
The boxes are the same for many years.  So what you need is the piece on the left in the pic as that's the part that goes onto the splines of the steering box.

I sure hope that storm misses you!  Will keep you in my prayers, NOW!

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
There's no way the front is missing us, it's here now.

But the hail is 1" and smaller atm.
We'll see if the shear causes some twisters
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Jim you are correct re the box, I have a steering box from a 1996 F150 on Darth and it was originally connected to the 1986 column and rag joint.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I thought I saw a reply from George about the origin of 'popcorn' and how he only uses period instruments.

Maybe I'm hallucinating.  ðŸ˜µ
Maybe he deleted it?

George, it's all cool.
I don't mind diversions at all.

If we want to get into Theramins we built in school because we didn't like music class but needed a project, let's go!
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
If you're hallucinating, we're in this together.

Same thing happened earlier with a response he made in the Keyless Entry thread. I was interested to delve more into what he was talking about but then the post disappeared.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Okay! I'm not bugging...

Just "Dont eat the brown acid!"...
Bonus points for that one, but I suspect few of us are old enough to know.

So what about keyless entry, Scott?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Is it DTM*F or something?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I had to google it so I won't even act like I knew off the top of my head

He had mentioned Nick making a module that was 'smarter' than the typical keyless entry options available and it sounded interesting. Wanted to pick his brain on it and he posted a short reply but then it disappeared.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Nick sounds like my dad.
Always in his little electronics shop working on something, not new, but better in many ways.

He's SO relatable!
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

scbill
Thread is..."cab upgrades" so, hope this is not off topic.

Is there a special tool, or procedure (trick) to remove the trim that holds the headliner in place?
I ran into a rust problem about 2" above the rain gutter, got it repaired outside but, need to drop headliner to treat inside.

Thanks..Bill
1983 F100 XL 300, 6 cyl, aod, long bed
1961 E100 pickup, 289,C4
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I use the yellow HF set of wedge tools a lot for stuff like this but on these metal pieces you can typically work your fingers behind them and pop the retainers out of the slots. On the front and rear start at one end and work your way across to avoid bending anything. It would take some effort to really damage them.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
This post was updated on .
I think i may have accidently deleted it.
We are putting an 88 column in Brutus

No you are not hallunicating.  

The popcorn song was my soul inspriation for getting into music and audio.  In 1972 when i was 5 years old, i heard the song on the radio and i begged my Mom to buy me the 45 which i literally wore out.  There was something about that song and its instruments, I knew they were not " real " instruments, rather synthetic, but didn't really know what was going on.  This and this alone was my driving force.

The popcorn song actually has nothing to do with popcorn.  The original version was done in 1969 by Gershon Kingsley.  he was working on an album of classical pieces done on a modular Moog Synth.  He made a mistake and the popcorn riff was born.  He recorded it and it became the very first all electronic pop song.  It was corny, and it was a pop song.  Pop corn.

It is one of the most covered songs ever, mainly by synth players paying homage.  Mine is done with total period equipment.  The Arp 2600 modular synth and the Mellotron and is done entirely in Analog

Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Bill.  the trim just screws and snaps in
Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
1 ... 89101112