classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
676 messages Options
1 ... 3031323334
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman
Yeah I'm sure I didn't like I said its not much left, theres maybe a half inch of airspace left in the radiator before it goes to the neck. I really need to get a hose and put it in the tank so it can do what it pleases.

Not sure what exactly is next on the list. I still have that other truck that I need to get the axles out of but that may not happen in the winter. I may do some interior/seat work. I know I need to get the vacuum line right before it goes into the cab fixed too. That heat was pretty good today while driving, if only I can get it to go to the floor..
1982 Bronco  -  5.8L/C6  -  1406 Edelbrock, Weiand Stealth Intake, Comp XE266, AFR Enforcers
2004 F350 Crew Cab  -  6.0L/ZF6  -  Bulletproofed, tuned SCT X4
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
great news that its working as it should. did you look closely at the other intake to see if any cracks were visible?
Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I've been wanting to get AC on this thing for awhile. Can anyone show me where in the engine bay/what loom it comes off of/what the plugs look like? I know the previous owner cut the evap tubes flush with the box... hope he didn't do the same with the plugs..
1982 Bronco  -  5.8L/C6  -  1406 Edelbrock, Weiand Stealth Intake, Comp XE266, AFR Enforcers
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
if you are asking about the wiring for the ac clutch that's a rather simple one. the wiring only needs to be two wires and the proper plug for the clutch is available. you would only need to extend them long enough (approx five feet) to follow along the return line over to the accumulator and have an extra 6-9'' extra there in order to be connected to the cycle switch. one wire will go to a negative wire which is a brown plug on a single wire if i remember correctly. check with meter to be sure as im not reading a diagram and different years may have different colors. but the wire from the ac control on the dash is light green with a red stripe i think. it will go to one side of the cycle switch and the other side continues on to the clutch. the circuitry is basic but look for a wiring diagram for 82 broncos to be sure of the colors i believe you can find it here in documentations
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
i could get some pics tomorrow but they would be 1986 f150. that may or may not help
Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
In reply to this post by Weberman
Well I got my wipers working tonight. I knew once I swapped dashes and kept the other wiper switch on there that it had to be the motor. It would be weird for 2 switches to do the exact problem. I took a motor off the other truck and plugged it in the Bronco and it worked perfect. Got it all swapped and hopefully get it all put back together when the daylight comes tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Weberman wrote
I've been wanting to get AC on this thing for awhile. Can anyone show me where in the engine bay/what loom it comes off of/what the plugs look like? I know the previous owner cut the evap tubes flush with the box... hope he didn't do the same with the plugs..
Little late
FYI the AC harness is a add on to the normal factory harness.
It then feeds out through the firewall to the needed places in the engine bay.
Wish I got pictures of the AC harness when I had everything out of the truck.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
In reply to this post by Gsmblue

I guess another thing is having to get the vacuum selector switch. LMC is still out of stock and now it seems that 82 is missing? If it's the 83-91 I could go to the junkyard possibly.. I think the original part number is E0TZ-19B888-B. If not..??

Also what would the seals for the window called? It's the vent window but the on the main window side, not the vent window seal. I have some door seal ones at the bottom but noticed seals/guides gone on the vent frame part.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad you got the wipers going.  Well done.  

On the HVAC control, you found something I'd left out of the documentation.  But I've now added the information below to the Part #'s tab on the page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems.  Note the "YH-361".  That's the Motorcraft part number, and I found some of them with this search.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
there are two different types of seals that go between the glass and the door one is the window channel "felt" and the other is the beltline (sweep) the beltline goes at the bottom of the glass and keeps debris from getting inside the door.  it too has a felt like surface to face the glass and has a little curl to follow the door contour above the handle. the window channel felt is one piece although they often come out in many pieces. there is a "molded in" slight elbow to go into the point where the vent window frame meets the upper door shell. center that carefully and then work gasket down into the vent channel. then from the elbow back and down the rear channel
Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
Will the lower ones keep the windows from rattling? Don't notice it at all when driving but the gravel road and shutting the door, especially passenger, they rattle. But then as I was driving it yesterday I noticed all the way around chunks were missing. I ask that just because I think I'm going to get new doors whenever I redo the body so I don't want to put a new one in to take it out and maybe damage to paint/put in new door.
Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
Is there a safety switch on the tailgate for a 82? I went back to halfway mess around to see and found no wires going up to that area. Tried the key and pressed hard against it and that didn't work either. If not I wonder if I have a bad ground? I know my buddy got it up a couple years ago and he jumped to the motor but I haven't been able to get it to do anything jumping to the motor.

Also are there patch panels for the area behind the front seat? Was think that may be my project this winter is getting new floors in and these spots have opened behind the seat now.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Check with Tabco for the panels.

Not sure what you mean by "safety switch", but I just checked the 1982 EVTM, which we don't have on the site, with the 1981 EVTM and they are the same for the tailgate wiring.  And here 'tis:

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
The Tailgate Window Limit Switch is what I'm talking about is what it is called in the diagram.
Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
I got exhaust put on right before the new year. Not a huge fan so I'm getting the muffler(s) changed out tomorrow. Got 24" glasspacks and figured I'd document it for differences, so heres a video for of it with it and I should have another clip of the new setup tomorrow.
https://youtu.be/HlUM05yvDbs
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
I’ll give it an 85, it’s got a good beat and you can dance to it!

Edit: typo
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yikes!  I don't blame you for changing.  That would be obnoxious!  What are you going back with?

I like Magnaflow mufflers.  Nice deep sound.

Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I have used different glass packs also and results vary. my only real gripe is the pop/bark that you get from them. at idle I don't mind hearing the "race style" noise. but I don't appreciate when another's car, truck or motorcycle yells at me or drowns out my music or conversation. therefore, I do not want to be that guy. that's a character issue for me. grow up!
I put them on dolly with true duals and side outlets. that lasted about a week then I cut them off and installed good ole hush thrush turbos. "perfect"!
single Flow master on my bronco, "perfect"
Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
I went with a Rumble 2 chamber exhaust. Close to Thrush Welded. It's still not as loud as I'd like it to be at idle, but it's deeper and more open sounding. I'm really just wanting a loud deep idle. These are deep though. I tried it because they said they didn't drone as bad compared to others. And they don't at all. With the tailgate rusted and no interior really in it at the moment, couldn't even think when climbing a hill with those glass packs. These are nice and throaty in upper RPMs and only loud when I want it to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Weberman
Might take a video of the Bronco exhaust today along with working on this thing.

95 CCLB 7.3 Powerstroke 5 speed. Didn't start yesterday when I picked it up so don't know if the batteries are that gone or if it was just that cold for a 7.3 or what. Got a battery charger on it right now and bought some starting fluid. It did run earlier in the week when it was warmer out. It threw the belt and power steering pulley and needs a front driveshaft. Need to see if I can get a matching tailgate as it is red at the moment.
1 ... 3031323334