Bullnose Forums

300 I6 Carburetor spacer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW. any clue where i can find marker lights. I cant seam to find them at LMC

Front fender marker lights? I have a set from LMC in my truck.

Edit: I just looked, and when on LMC site, you have to go to the Park Light section...if you click on Marker Light, it does not work. Odd. They are there though.

BTW. any clue where i can find marker lights. I cant seam to find them at LMC

Front fender marker lights? I have a set from LMC in my truck.

Edit: I just looked, and when on LMC site, you have to go to the Park Light section...if you click on Marker Light, it does not work. Odd. They are there though.

So do I. And they are Ford ones(came in a Ford branded bag and the lens is branded), not reproduction. Shows them currently in stock.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/sidemarker/fd-1980-86-front-sidemarker-light-components

edit - Appears to be the same thing as is available from Dennis Carpenter, made with 'Original Ford tooling'...

Where I see people have problems with drums is that they have the leading and trailing shoe incorrect.

I think Dave Grant (fuzzface) said one of his trucks had both long shoes on one side and both short shoes on the other! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Yep it was me and have pictures to prove it if you want to see.

Also 1 if the adjuster cables was missing IIRC it was a mess :nabble_anim_crazy:

Dave ----

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n77785/DSCN0914.jpg

So was this looked into same shoes on the same side?

Someone trying to follow what the PO did on my truck :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

20160530_114628.jpg.81a1ccb7d3ca0c46f95b2aa16897fb44.jpg

20160530_131321.jpg.1343e3cfda1f31a27096e9eb6d765207.jpg

Yea that Ebrake spring is not right but even the replacements were the same :nabble_anim_confused:

I cut the spring shorter so it would not bind but they don't work all that great.

Dave ----

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n77785/DSCN0914.jpg

So was this looked into same shoes on the same side?

Someone trying to follow what the PO did on my truck :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Yea that Ebrake spring is not right but even the replacements were the same :nabble_anim_confused:

I cut the spring shorter so it would not bind but they don't work all that great.

Dave ----

Drum brakes are such a pain for us, I have no clue why, i'm just thankful they are done. I've had so many e brakes stick on me over time and tear up the drum, i just disconnected it

Drum brakes are such a pain for us, I have no clue why, i'm just thankful they are done. I've had so many e brakes stick on me over time and tear up the drum, i just disconnected it

Do you see how the lining of Dave's front shoe ends before the dent in the edge of the steel backing?

Emergency brakes are useful (in an emergency)

If you get in the habit of exercising them each time you park they don't get sticky.

Do you see how the lining of Dave's front shoe ends before the dent in the edge of the steel backing?

Emergency brakes are useful (in an emergency)

If you get in the habit of exercising them each time you park they don't get sticky.

Yes, the lining on mine are not the same size, they just look like it. the brakes dave has is something like 1/8 inches or so larger then my shoes, those have one shoe with a much longer pad area then mine.. Back in the parts days, truck back brakes used to drive me insane because nobody knew what brakes they had and most of the time, they would bring them back, and hopefully with an old brake shoe

Yes, the lining on mine are not the same size, they just look like it. the brakes dave has is something like 1/8 inches or so larger then my shoes, those have one shoe with a much longer pad area then mine.. Back in the parts days, truck back brakes used to drive me insane because nobody knew what brakes they had and most of the time, they would bring them back, and hopefully with an old brake shoe

to be honest though, Brutus probably uses the larger shoes like Dave has. I really dont remember, back some years ago when the parts truck was running the roads i did a back brake job on it, once it became a parts truck and money got tight,

Brutus needed a back brake job so we just pulled everything off the parts truck