Bullnose Forums

300 I6 Carburetor spacer

Mine is the same as yours, getting ready to go out and pull the carb now. I got my gaskets and it looks like the hole will clear the spacer. the hole i'm referring to is the one for the egr.

Worked like a charm and Brutus is Purring like Eartha Kitt, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. seams the shorter spacer gave Brutus a little more jump shout!!!. I ended up getting a 9/16-12 course bolt, it threaded right in there. Put it in with thread sealer and cut the head off even with the manifold.. Had to get shorter carb mounting bolts. Now with all this stuff truly gone, this truck really does purr. As soon as i tighten the belts i'll video

20201024_122040.jpg.0ce168430612d1b3069886f53bb265ca.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked like a charm and Brutus is Purring like Eartha Kitt, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. seams the shorter spacer gave Brutus a little more jump shout!!!. I ended up getting a 9/16-12 course bolt, it threaded right in there. Put it in with thread sealer and cut the head off even with the manifold.. Had to get shorter carb mounting bolts. Now with all this stuff truly gone, this truck really does purr. As soon as i tighten the belts i'll video

Awesome!

Congratulations George!

So glad this is all working out for Brutus. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Well done! Glad she's purring. :nabble_anim_claps:

Well done! Glad she's purring. :nabble_anim_claps:

Brutus actually layed rubber. when we were test driving, Nick said this speedometer has to be wrong, granted we were just in the neighborhood and we were going 25, but he said it has to be. I downloaded a gps app for the phone and checked it, and sure enough, its correct. we're not talking blinding speeds here, Brutus isn't fast, but considerably faster now seamingly

Brutus actually layed rubber. when we were test driving, Nick said this speedometer has to be wrong, granted we were just in the neighborhood and we were going 25, but he said it has to be. I downloaded a gps app for the phone and checked it, and sure enough, its correct. we're not talking blinding speeds here, Brutus isn't fast, but considerably faster now seamingly

Map navigation already found on almost every phone will give you an accurate speed, there's no need to download a special app.

What more needs done for Brutus to become your DD?

Map navigation already found on almost every phone will give you an accurate speed, there's no need to download a special app.

What more needs done for Brutus to become your DD?

just little tits and tats right now. we are probably going to start driving it tomorrow. Underhood wireing. have to get the new fuel tank in. going to do the back brakes today. It's kind of good if we can start driving it tomorrow, just like around town, the post office etc, we really dont go far, but it's time. I have no clue that crazy thing that vic is going to do next. We did a bunch of riding around yesterday to check the carb, cooling system etc and everything seams to be doing ok. Once we get the brakes done, we going to take it up on the highway and stretch his legs and see what happens

just little tits and tats right now. we are probably going to start driving it tomorrow. Underhood wireing. have to get the new fuel tank in. going to do the back brakes today. It's kind of good if we can start driving it tomorrow, just like around town, the post office etc, we really dont go far, but it's time. I have no clue that crazy thing that vic is going to do next. We did a bunch of riding around yesterday to check the carb, cooling system etc and everything seams to be doing ok. Once we get the brakes done, we going to take it up on the highway and stretch his legs and see what happens

With 3.08's it should do well on the highway. :nabble_smiley_cool:

You two are so close now!

Good to hear Brutus is running better than ever.

When I hear of others that say a 300 six cant do over 50 MPH with foot to the floor or when it hits a hill slows down to 25 MPH foot to the floor there has to be something vary wrong.

Dave ----

Well done! You two surely must be proud!