Bullnose Forums

Rear brake backing plate

That is good info. I was thinking the plates were differant between the two axles. Now i can just swap everything from my old axle's.

Only thing to note is the wheel bolt pattern came in 2 sizes on the 9" depending on the year(s).

I have 1 of each that came from 1981 trucks.

Also besides the wheel bolt pattern the brake sizes are different between them.

So if the wheel pattern is the same then guessing from what was posted you could swap the whole brake assy. from the 8.8 to the 9".

Dave ----

That is good info. I was thinking the plates were differant between the two axles. Now i can just swap everything from my old axle's.

Only thing to note is the wheel bolt pattern came in 2 sizes on the 9" depending on the year(s).

I have 1 of each that came from 1981 trucks.

Also besides the wheel bolt pattern the brake sizes are different between them.

So if the wheel pattern is the same then guessing from what was posted you could swap the whole brake assy. from the 8.8 to the 9".

Dave ----

Too bad they changed for bullnoses.

There's 5 new >'79 backing plates on U-techcenter for like. $22 each & $4.95 shipping.

The first one you listed is for 1973 - 77 B500, F500, and M450's and 500's.

I don't find the other two you listed, although one listing says Courier, and apparently my catalog doesn't include them.

The first one you listed is for 1973 - 77 B500, F500, and M450's and 500's.

I don't find the other two you listed, although one listing says Courier, and apparently my catalog doesn't include them.

I don't get where they get "Bronco" from in almost all their listings.

Maybe it's just a popular keyword that drives traffic