Bullnose Forums

Motor Mount Perches - 4.9/300 I6 for Early Bullnose

Bronco638

I started another thread concerning towers/perches HERE

I have a 1980 F-150 Flare Side that had a 351M originally. I had planned to go with a 302 but had a 300 fall into my lap (which is what I wanted before I even found this Flare Side).

Anyways, according to This Page, there's a running change to the driver's side 4.9L motor mount tower/perch in early May of 1982.

It seems as if the passenger side tower was the same from 1980 thru 1988 (E2TZ 6028-B). For 1980 until May 3, 1982, the driver's side tower was E2TZ 6029-B. After that date it changed to E2TZ 6029-C.

I found two pairs of towers/perches on FB Marketplace. The driver's side tower, on one pair, seems to have a part number stamped into it: E2TA 6061-FB. Based on images (elsewhere on this site) provided by FuzzFace2 (Dave), these towers look very similar to his:

Motor_Mount_Perches.jpg.a72445a17eb487e09df881829989be62.jpg

Can anyone tell me what Ford vehicle these might be for?

Does anyone have any idea what the change was in May of '82? Are there any images of the two (6029-B & 6029-C) side by side?

TIA

Counterintuitively, the number ON a part is not the part number...

We need to cross reference the engineering number to an actual part number.

This is a bit of a challenge on my phone and I'm stepping into the dentist right now!

I may not be in the mood to plug away in an hour, but perhaps Gary can look?

It seems as if the passenger side tower was the same from 1980 thru 1988 (E2TZ 6028-B). For 1980 until May 3, 1982, the driver's side tower was E2TZ 6029-B. After that date it changed to E2TZ 6029-C.

I found two pairs of towers/perches on FB Marketplace. The driver's side tower, on one pair, seems to have a part number stamped into it: E2TA 6061-FB. Based on images (elsewhere on this site) provided by FuzzFace2 (Dave), these towers look very similar to his:

Does anyone have any idea what the change was in May of '82? Are there any images of the two (6029-B & 6029-C) side by side?

ID# PN Notes

---------------- --------------- ---------------------

E2TZ 6029-B Not in the cross-ref

E2TA 6061-FB E2TZ 6029-C

E2TZ 6028-B Not in the cross-ref

It seems as if the passenger side tower was the same from 1980 thru 1988 (E2TZ 6028-B). For 1980 until May 3, 1982, the driver's side tower was E2TZ 6029-B. After that date it changed to E2TZ 6029-C.I found two pairs of towers/perches on FB Marketplace. The driver's side tower, on one pair, seems to have a part number stamped into it: E2TA 6061-FB. Based on images (elsewhere on this site) provided by FuzzFace2 (Dave), these towers look very similar to his:Does anyone have any idea what the change was in May of '82? Are there any images of the two (6029-B & 6029-C) side by side?
ID# PN Notes---------------- --------------- --------------------- E2TZ 6029-B Not in the cross-refE2TA 6061-FB E2TZ 6029-C E2TZ 6028-B Not in the cross-ref
And in case I've missed something, here's the relevant page in the cross-ref. You look up the number you have, either PN or ID #, in the Known Part Number column and the cross-ref will be to the right in the Service Or Engineering Part Number column. I can't find the two listed above on the page, and I've had the computer search for them.

And in case I've missed something, here's the relevant page in the cross-ref. You look up the number you have, either PN or ID #, in the Known Part Number column and the cross-ref will be to the right in the Service Or Engineering Part Number column. I can't find the two listed above on the page, and I've had the computer search for them.

Sorry guys, I keep forgetting about the cross-reference chart that's also part of this site.So Gary, given that the two 'correct' part numbers are not in the cross-reference list, would you say these might be the correct towers/perches for my truck?The seller is asking $155 for the pair :nabble_smiley_what: so I don't want to buy these and have them be wrong. I wish I could find a Bullnose in a junkyard in my area. I'd go get them myself. But, they seem to be few & far between here in northern Illinois. :nabble_smiley_sad:Additionally, I guess you can swap a Cummins 4bt into the F-Series and these are the towers that the 4bt takes. Maybe that's why he thinks they're worth $155...

Sorry guys, I keep forgetting about the cross-reference chart that's also part of this site.

So Gary, given that the two 'correct' part numbers are not in the cross-reference list, would you say these might be the correct towers/perches for my truck?

The seller is asking $155 for the pair :nabble_smiley_what: so I don't want to buy these and have them be wrong. I wish I could find a Bullnose in a junkyard in my area. I'd go get them myself. But, they seem to be few & far between here in northern Illinois. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Additionally, I guess you can swap a Cummins 4bt into the F-Series and these are the towers that the 4bt takes. Maybe that's why he thinks they're worth $155...

The catalog has mistakes and omissions, we all know that.

It's something we've come to accept

I'm sure Mryl had all kinds of annotations and crib notes during his 30 plus years behind the Ford parts counter

Sorry guys, I keep forgetting about the cross-reference chart that's also part of this site.

So Gary, given that the two 'correct' part numbers are not in the cross-reference list, would you say these might be the correct towers/perches for my truck?

The seller is asking $155 for the pair :nabble_smiley_what: so I don't want to buy these and have them be wrong. I wish I could find a Bullnose in a junkyard in my area. I'd go get them myself. But, they seem to be few & far between here in northern Illinois. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Additionally, I guess you can swap a Cummins 4bt into the F-Series and these are the towers that the 4bt takes. Maybe that's why he thinks they're worth $155...

I really can't say. I have not had any experience with those perches. None at all.

As around here on the forum more. Perhaps Dave knows of some?

Thanks guys, I'll check in with Dave (FuzzFace2).

Dave is in the house ............ but I dont know what help I can be :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I did not know there was a running change on the mounts so I dont know what the change might be?

Could it be where the rubber mount stud goes into that part is now a tear drop and not a round hole?

Cant say :nabble_anim_confused:

I think I saved the set off my parts truck frame before I gave it away just so I would have them for another project.

The truck was 02/81 so before the 1982 change date.

If you can wait till the week end I should have time to dig thru my bins and maybe get to the car that is a shelf as they may be on or by it. If I can find them I can take pictures and maybe we can see what is different?

Also if it may help my truck is 11/80 making it a 81 truck.

The motor is newer and think from a van from what I have come across in the rebuild.

I dont know what rubber mounts they used, the 80 / 81 from the truck and bolted to the motor or the van mounts or even something say from 85>?

This gets me thinking, look up the rubber mounts for our trucks and see if there is a early / late 82 split and if van mounts are different than ours?

If there is no split then maybe the change is on the frame side of the mount and if I can find mine we can see if the ones you posted a picture of are different.

Dave ----

Dave is in the house ............ but I dont know what help I can be :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I did not know there was a running change on the mounts so I dont know what the change might be?

Could it be where the rubber mount stud goes into that part is now a tear drop and not a round hole?

Cant say :nabble_anim_confused:

I think I saved the set off my parts truck frame before I gave it away just so I would have them for another project.

The truck was 02/81 so before the 1982 change date.

If you can wait till the week end I should have time to dig thru my bins and maybe get to the car that is a shelf as they may be on or by it. If I can find them I can take pictures and maybe we can see what is different?

Also if it may help my truck is 11/80 making it a 81 truck.

The motor is newer and think from a van from what I have come across in the rebuild.

I dont know what rubber mounts they used, the 80 / 81 from the truck and bolted to the motor or the van mounts or even something say from 85>?

This gets me thinking, look up the rubber mounts for our trucks and see if there is a early / late 82 split and if van mounts are different than ours?

If there is no split then maybe the change is on the frame side of the mount and if I can find mine we can see if the ones you posted a picture of are different.

Dave ----

I found a picture of my parts truck with the towers bolted to the frame.

20161203_104153.jpg.c8ff880826c66eb4b739c2c590134e6e.jpg

The picture of the ones for sale.

Motor_Mount_Perches.jpg.297bbdf3811fb50a6053b60ebe23c696.jpg

Dont know if this will help?

Dave ----