classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2684 messages Options
1 ... 129130131132133134135
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

Ifitaintbroke
"The fundamentalist Muslims share your views towards idolatry and public expression of emotion."

I certainly don't have problems with public affection (within reason). My issue with the music I was referring to, is that it isn't emotional-it's sexual. I adore love songs-true love songs.

And I don't share any views with fundamentalist Muslims.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by viven44
viven44 wrote
When they walk up to their EV, that is me telling them that EVs won't be forever vehicles like my trucks and could end up in a landfill in 15 years if they choose to not replace the failing battery.
I drive a 2018 Chevy Volt, and I 100% share your opinion.
6 years old and the battery can't hold more that 80% full charge, compared with when it was new.  Hopefully it is hybrid, and I still maintain my 3.1L/100km (78mpg) average.  Short distances EV, long gas.
Talking with the dealer about EV pickups, I learned that changing such battery can reach up to 20K$ CAD (15000$ US)!!!
Who will be willing to pay that money when their vehicle autonomy will drop to 2/3???

Wally is just ahead.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ifitaintbroke
Then I definitely owe you an apology, for assuming your beliefs.

I will say (in my defense) that all Abrahamic religions necessarily share fundamental beliefs, and the few KJB acolytes I personally know are puritanical in that way.

But I personally want to express that I'm never about pigeon holing an individual.
I've certainly been on the receiving end of that nonsense.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
No apologies necessary, Jim. You don't have to walk on egg shells around me. I don't take offense at anything. And yes, the faiths do share some very basic tenets, but if you follow them out to their complete outworking, you will come to different, if not completely opposite conclusions. That's probably as far as we can go here.

Display of emotion in public is more of a cultural issue. I happen to live in a very ethnically diverse area, where Caucasians are barely the majority. I see different expressions of the same things every day.

And yes, it seems natural to try to put each other into boxes. Though there are boxes, to be sure.
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I have a good friend (of 38 years) that's in his late 60's and grew up in rural Alabama.
Best John can explain it's 50 miles outside of Montgomery.

There are rare occasions I ask him why he came north, or what he witnessed as a child.
I only know that he and his siblings went to work in grade school because they'd lost their father....

It can be a challenge for this damned Yankee to understand colloquialisms from the deep south, but I certainly enjoy the diversity of cultures.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Having spent my whole life here, I often forget what a unique subset of the American experience the deep south is. I haven't really been anywhere else, except for North Dakota, which I abhor (no offense). Half my family is from Savannah, and the other half from Minneapolis. I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world, though I sometimes wish I was closer to the coast. I need to eat more shrimp...
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've lived in Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and even the UK.  Plus I've visited all of the 50 states and have spent time in countries from Nicaragua to Russia.  Each brought a different slant on things and I'm glad I got to see them.  Some I wouldn't want to live in and others I'd love to live in.  But they've all helped me to see the world in a different way than if I'd never got to see them.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I was browsing Marketplace earlier and came across an ad for some Bullnose doors. I clicked the ad to see what else the seller had, and I happened to see that they had a brown/tan door for sale. The colors look to be the same as what was on my F150, and it wasn't until I looked closer that I realized it may actually be a door from my F150. I compared it to old pictures I have, and it looks ALOT like my old door (same dents). I took a look at the seller's name, and I'm almost 85% sure that's who I sold the truck to. I've known my F150 was likely parted out, but I've messaged the seller to see how much he has left. Even if I can just get the door, that's one piece of my F150 that I'll have back.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Shaun!  That's awesome but a bit heart breaking!  If you can get some parts from it that would be wonderful, but to know it has been parted out has to hurt.  Sorry!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Shaun!  That's awesome but a bit heart breaking!  If you can get some parts from it that would be wonderful, but to know it has been parted out has to hurt.  Sorry!
Thanks Gary!

I'll be heading out there on Sunday to at least pick up the door and see what else may be there. It's been 7 years so I'm not really hopeful he'll have much of anything left, but I'm willing to buy more (not the whole truck, I just want some parts from it) if he still has them and is willing to sell. Plenty of people consider themselves lucky to find the entire vehicle, but I'll be happy with at least a door. I really don't need it or plan to use it, but it will end up hanging in my shop as a memory.
Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
Men’s BBQ and Car show at the church

Vivek

- BB 2WD - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with a 460 from an 86 Bullnose/C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks like fun!  

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
This post was updated on .
Yes it was, although most were there for the BBQ...
 not a ton outside looking at the cars as it was miserable outside

They had a professional car show judge

Judge supposedly dinged all cars/trucks that had the hood left open, not sure why

Judge was definitely a GM guy

Best of the show - 2017 Chevy SS
Most popular (crowd favorite) - 1962 Cadillac DeVille
Vivek

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
The mall crawlers face-off

Vivek

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I saw a Gladiator on the other side of the highway yesterday, with ALL the gear, + underglow ........  and 20" rims sticking out wide enough to be in the next lane.

Swamp tires loud enough to be a distinctly annoying cacophony at a closing speed of perhaps 120 mph.

Why, oh why would someone put up with that all day, every day if they never leave the pavement?  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
It is a lifestyle I guess, just like my 8mpg lifestyle

At the car show yesterday the guy was telling me how proud he was of upgrading from the wimpy stock tires to the big mud tires right after he got his Bronco. I didn't want to tell him that the Broncos that do come stock with the bigger tires (Sasquatch Package) also come with adjusted gearing (4.7!) to compensate for the loss in low-end torque on big tires.... but did not want to break his spirit. I doubt he is noticing much loss though as his Bronco has the 2.7L EcoBoost which has more torque than my 460 !!
Vivek

Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
More torque maybe, but it will likely have 5% the reliability and lifespan. Little turboed motors are great.... until they're not.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by viven44
The sort of person I'm want to say "Everyone's entitled to make poor choices"
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ifitaintbroke
Chrysler got really great reliability with their 2.2L TurboI and TurboII engines.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
Yes but those are also an iron block, and probably not running as much boost as an Ecobust.
Bradley

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
1 ... 129130131132133134135