2311 messages Options
1 ... 79808182838485 ... 116
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, that is a crash!  We had a front come through last night and dropped quite a bit, but not that much!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Nothing Special
In reply to this post by BigBrother-84
BigBrother-84 wrote
Well, this is what we call a crash:
Today, end of afternoon (16:00), we'll reach 50°F (10°C).
At 03:00, less than twelve hours later, gonna be 1°F (-10°).
What a drop!
We didn't have that much drop in Minnesota either.  Only from 43F to 6F.
Bob
Sorry, no '80 - '86 Ford trucks
"Oswald": 1997 F-250HD crew cab short box, 460, E4OD, 4.10 gears
"Pluto": 1971 Bronco, 302, NV3550 5 speed, Atlas 4.3:1 transfer case, 33" tires
"the motorhome": 2015 E-450-based 28' class C motorhome, 6.8L V-10
"the Dodge": 2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7L Cummins
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Not sure where to share this…

I went to the hobby store to get my friends 6year old a RC car for his birthday on Sunday.

I came back with this for me!

My friends has one with the new Bronco shell on it and it is so much fun!

I got the kid a nice 1/18 scale rally car too.
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
In reply to this post by Nothing Special
BEST TRAXXIS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
That is COOL!  It is a '79, right?  On the F-Series, IIRC, the high end 78's got rectangular headlights and all 79's did.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
I believe it is a 79. It was that or a 21 Bronco or a 21 Defender.

They all use the same chasis with 4wd hi/lo and rear locker.

I have 5 acres of lava rock and dust, lots of crawling opportunities. It is made better when my friend is in town with his one and we can try and do challenges and all that. Tres excited!!

Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
This video!

https://youtu.be/ygWZIAfPpPs

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
That’s cool! Well filmed!

But what am I thinking? Get outta there! That’s salt water!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
I was thinking the same thing when i watched that sizzle reel.

At least around here it is all fresh water.

My wife said I can’t open it until Christmas morning…. I fee like a kid!

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That video is really, REALLY well done.  But I was thinking the same thing - salt water!!!  However, I guess if you are the manufacturer, what's the problem in sacrificing one to sell a bunch?

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
Man, I began to read at this thread from the end. So jumped to YouTube BEFORE the beginning of your Christmas story!

First, «Wow, well preserved truck»

Then, «What the hell, this guy is completely CRAZY?!?!»

Finally, «Wait... There's no driver...»

LOOOOL, so REALISTIC !!!

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
That first screenshot you took is my favorite. That is so well done!

I have know about this truck for about a year, but at $500 it cost nearly as much as my real life Bronco did so I kept putting it off.

When my friend got his this summer and I got to play with it I was sold. It is just amazing it took me this long.

Oh, for the record I used to race 1/10 off road buggies at a national level back in the UK, so I have 5 competition level RC cars sat in my office and another 6 or so fun ones to bash around. Everything from an original RC10 gold pan to Tamiya Avante 2001 to Tamiya Blackfoot to 1/6 scale Lotus Elise (x2 for some reason) and my last race winner a RC10B4.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've not been around the RC car racing scene in reality, but have read some of the magazines.  Looked like there was a whole lot of science used on them.  Must have been fun.  

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Vary cool video

When my son was a lot younger, he is in his 30's now, Santa brought him and I T10 trucks.
There was a hobby shop that had a track outside and held races on Sundays.

My son would do ok but he was racing with much older guys and it was hard for him not to react loosing.
I did not race as my brain could not handle steering when coming to me
So my truck was used as a back up just in case we could not get his fixed in time.

It was pretty kool as the full suspension was adjustable for spring rates, weight of the shock oil, toe you name it. Then add different tires from tread types to how hard the foam incerts could be.

You would run the cars / truck as real race cars with all the extra parts needed to race.
What was also nice the track was changed each week just before race day so no one could get track time till race day.

We also have a smaller car we ran inside during winter but was held on week nights so son did not go to many of them because of school nights.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
I raced at a few different clubs over the years. Towards the end I was really committed and had my car dialed in to to the home track and I could finish top 10 every week. in the regionals I could do the same. At that level there is a big funding gap. People would turn up with 3 full race cars with different set ups and hone them in during practice. Always had stacks of new tires and boxes full of prepared shocks.

I just could not afford that. I would buy their used gear!

For me the fun was in setting up and getting the best out of the car. It is amazing what a difference battery position or shock oil will make.

It got to the point I had a fancy controller and could map throttle response.

Good days :)

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Last night I spent an hour or two browsing through listings for Ford alternator adjustment arms, trying to identify the one in the photo below. I've only torn apart 302's, a 460, a 6.9, a 400, and a couple 300's, and this bracket didn't match what came on any of those. I started searching through old photos I posted on Eff Tee Eeee, and that's when I stumbled across the photo. There were no engineering numbers on the bracket, which I found peculiar. Once I found the picture, I realized that the bracket was on the 400 I yanked from the junkyard to get the accessories and the oil pan from. After taking a closer look, it became more apparent that somebody had made this bracket (the tool marks gave it away). I have to give them credit though, it almost looked like something from the factory. I'm glad I found the answer, but a bit frustrated that I spent so much time looking up a bracket somebody made.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Well, at least you found it.  And you figured out from whence it came.  

Wasn't it fun getting that picture off FTE?  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Well, at least you found it.  And you figured out from whence it came.  

Wasn't it fun getting that picture off FTE?  
If I remember correctly, you were generous and sent me the correct adjuster arm since I had this homemade one. And that would explain why this homemade one was at the bottom of my scrap bucket.

95% of my pictures on FTE are GONE. Most were from Imageshack, TinyPic, or Photobucket, so they're no longer visible/accessible.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I tend to remember that.  But it was after you sent me the tall transmission cover.

Anyway, there are at least two problems with pictures on FTE.  One is that they aren't stored on FTE but load as you load the post to view it.  But that means all of the places from which the pictures are linked to must stay in existence.  And many, or maybe even most, don't.  In contrast, pictures here are stored here and don't go away.

The other is that you cannot right-click and get a link to the pic and then come here, or elsewhere, and load that pic.  So I take a screenshot and post that pic here, which is a pain.  But pics posted here have a link you can get and then paste that into an Insert Image popup and include it in another post.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
That's just one of the many reasons I'm here and not there.
1 ... 79808182838485 ... 116