2311 messages Options
1 ... 78798081828384 ... 116
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The FORD Lounge

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's sacrilege!    At least they could buy the thin ones from someone like LMC instead of using a real one.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
That's sacrilege!    At least they could buy the thin ones from someone like LMC instead of using a real one.
My thoughts too. This gate wasn't perfect, but it looked to be rust free and good for a driver.

There's 13 locations so far, and if I'm not mistaken, they all have tailgate benches out front. I'm not sure how many of those are bullnose gates though, as this restaurant had a dentside tailgate bench as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dentside is worse!  Even harder to find from what I've read.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Dentside is worse!  Even harder to find from what I've read.
Yep, and I can confirm, they are NOT comfortable to sit in so I will never understand the point of making them other than to just waste a perfectly useable tailgate because one "thinks" they look cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Spendy benches! Wonder if they know that?

Thought of buying a flow through tail gate to keep some tweaker from stealing mine. Haven’t found one I like yet.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Well, I'm in the midst of getting a new roof put on my house. I made the mistake of assuming the contractor had a generator. Nope. And they made the mistake of assuming I had an outdoor outlet to plug their compressor into. Nope. So guess who had to drive 45 minutes back home to run a drop cord for them to run their compressor? Needless to say I'll be having that talk with the manager.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bummer!

Sounds like you'll be having the same chat I will with the people that serviced Janey's sewing machine.  They installed the case such that the foot feed can't be plugged in.  So now we have to take it all the way back to south Tulsa just so they can fix it.  Two hour round trip because they can't do their job right.

But this is the outfit that sold Janey a very expensive Cut & Scan and when we got it home she found it was used.  Someone had unboxed it, used it, and even registered it before returning it.  But they sold it as new.

So I will be having a conversation with the manager of the store.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Ouch, that's rough. I don't blame you. Dishonesty has no place in sales or customer service.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
As a follow up to my post, it pays to have all of your info together and talk to the right people.  

The straw that broke the camel's back was poor service on a very expensive embroidery machine, so I emailed the manufacturer and told them that their retailer's service section was incompetent servicing their machine.  And I got a phone call from their regional service manager the next day.  I explained the situation but also said that I'd called the regional sales manager for the chain of stores and she was supposed to call me back.  He said he would check back with me later after she'd had a chance to call, but would be talking with her about the problem.

Then the regional sales manager called me back.  I explained how much money we've spent at the store and what they've done to us recently - sold us a used cutting machine for new and botched the service on the embroidery machine.  And every time they've messed up they expect us to drive 45 minutes back to the store to fix their problem.  Further, that as of now we will no longer be doing business with them, and that I've filed a formal complaint with the manufacturer, who would be calling her soon.

She seemed truly appalled - especially after she did some checking and realized that they didn't even order the replacement cutting machine for a week after we informed them that they'd sold us a used one.  And, she was taken aback when I told her the machine they sold us was not only obviously used, but had been registered with the manufacturer - and we know the name of the person who registered it.

Turns out we aren't the only ones that have complained about that store.  So she's having some serious meetings with them and will make some changes, and will inform me what they are and when they happen so we can return with confidence we'll be treated fairly.  But meanwhile, she made things right.  Today her top service person showed up with a new, never-opened cutting machine that is two notches better than the one we purchased.  And, while here he fixed the embroidery machine.

So, I say all of that to say get your details together and have a serious conversation with the right people.  It can make a difference.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Good to hear you got to the right person and got it resolved!
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks.

In a bizarre twist, I am now getting suggestions on Facebook to send the regional sales manager a friend request.    I doubt very much that she wants to be my friend.

On top of that, I'm getting lots of adverts on Facebook about sewing and/or quilting.  It feels like my communications have been tapped.

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Thanks.

In a bizarre twist, I am now getting suggestions on Facebook to send the regional sales manager a friend request.    I doubt very much that she wants to be my friend.

On top of that, I'm getting lots of adverts on Facebook about sewing and/or quilting.  It feels like my communications have been tapped.
Welcome to the world of the internet, where EVERYTHING you do or search is tracked. I have my Google account linked to my phone, and so whatever I look up on my phone, gives me an ad for it on my laptop, and vice versa.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, it is all interconnected.  I looked the lady up on LinkedIn, and called her.  And looked up the cutting machine on Google.  So all of that fed back to the advertisers.

Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Just for fun, today I went to one of my client's home, a Ford collector.  Just to show him BigBro restoring result, knowing he will be captivated.

First time I went there, couple of years ago, I had to park my GMC Terrain there, but everywhere were signs with "Ford only, all others will be towed".  This gives you an idea about his humour.

Unfortunately, he wasn't at home. This gentlemen owns two Ford-T, one 82 F-150 (brand new, less than 100 miles.  Right, not 100,000, but really only 100), a Ford fire-truck with skis and caterpillar, and some other machines that Ford museum asked to have, but he refuses.

I took this picture at his "private museum" (totally private, no public there).  He transformed his garage looking as a vintage gas station.  What a character he is!  

Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
He sounds like a character!  See if you can get him to join.  He'd be a hoot to talk to.

And, I'd like to document his '82.  In other words, put up a page with dozens of pictures of it as well as of him in the Documentation/Picture Gallery section.  Show him the 1983 XLS Survivor.  Or the 1981 F100 With 318 Miles.

And maybe a page on his museum?

Are you a good photographer?  If not, do you know one?  I'm serious, the truck and the museum need to be documented.  

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by BigBrother-84
That's a great photo! Hope you're able to get some photos of his bullnose.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
I'll go back meet him and see what he agrees to share with us.

I'm not a professional photographer, but I have a good equipment and I can take pretty good pictures.  Hope he will agree to let me document his "Aladdin's Ford Cave".

Not sure he can join a Web Forum...  The phone is maybe the most technological device he can use.  

We never know, I'll discuss with him and see.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sounds like a plan, Stan.  

You might show him some of the other pages.  Maybe that will persuade him to have his truck & his place immortalized.  And we don't need to tell where it is if he doesn't want to be "on the radar".

As for joining, tell him I'm 74 and we have older people on here.  It isn't to late.  

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by BigBrother-84
That’s neat!

I’ve always thought it’d be cool to live in an old two service bay gas station.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Well, this is what we call a crash:
Today, end of afternoon (16:00), we'll reach 50°F (10°C).
At 03:00, less than twelve hours later, gonna be 1°F (-10°).
What a drop!
Restored 2019-2022.
1 ... 78798081828384 ... 116