classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Swap Meet Items: What I'm Bringing & What I'm Looking For

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The show will include a swap meet, and this thread is to outline what you are bringing and/or looking for.  Not that you can't bring things you haven't listed, but the fact that you say you are bringing something might compel someone to come in order to get it.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Swap Meet Items: What I'm Bringing & What I'm Looking For

kramttocs
Administrator
Have a grill/core support from a 1986 F250 6cyl, manual, ac truck that I could bring if someone is interested. All in all great used shape (patina on the deflector).
Was going to wall mount it but don't really have the wall space in the shop.

Have the hood and doors that go with that truck also. Would love to make some room in the shop so if you are looking for anything, please post it and I might have it.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Scott.

Now let me add to the list of what I'm bringing - books! Over 200 of them, with probably an even split between Ford publications and others, like Mitchell, Clymers, Chilton, etc. And 13 DVD's of Hot Rod's Dream-Build-Drive library. Here are some pics:

And then here are the mainly-Ford publications:

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
My buddy in MO (whom I am visiting briefly on my way out) is gifting me a NOS Innova EEC-IV/MCU code reader. I already have one (and on top of that, an OTC passport machine) so I have no need... free to a good home.
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Bring it. Last year people were trying to buy the grille and accessories MachSpeed gave me... Not for sale!
1984 F150: 300 L6, AOD, RWD. EEC IV / TFI, Feedback Carter YFA Carb. Stock everything but radio (for now).
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Sadly, I can't make the show this year but I will have some parts available there. See photos.  

15" x 8" Ford Wagon Wheels

John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We are going to miss you, John.  

As for what I'm bringing, in addition to the books I've mentioned before I'm also bringing a whole LOT of parts from the lady that is moving.  And today that includes:

A pair of underhood lights, neither of which work but surely a good one can be made from them

Carbs: There are several complete Holleys as well as lots of parts for them, and a couple of 2100 Autolites

Engines: First, the 460 I pulled out of Big Blue that has and Edelbrock intake and water pump, and possibly and Edelbrock cam.  Second an FE, probably a 360.  Last an M-block, probably a 351M, with a 2WD transmission and the rare right-hand exhaust manifold..

Pics of the engines are below, but the FE and M-Block must go.  In fact, all of the books and other parts must go.  So at about 2:00 we will start a huge sale on whatever is left.

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by Machspeed
You'll be missed!

If nobody snags the wheels (with tires) and I don't get my tire situation figured out by then, I might be interested. If nothing else, as insurance for the rest of my trip (I'm headed to KS after the show for Labor day before coming home to IN)

(I don't care for the rims but my tires are shot and I'm getting sticker shock when I looked at decent tires online )
Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Something I'm looking for: A steel 15" 5.5x5 rim (or wheel) to use for a spare tire. Mine never had a spare (the mount was missing/busted) and I've failed at JY'ing one. Not looking to break up a set or use something pristine...

Getting tires today and I'll see if I can keep the left rear (best tire) to later have mounted on said rim.
Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
ratdude747 wrote
Something I'm looking for: A steel 15" 5.5x5 rim (or wheel) to use for a spare tire. Mine never had a spare (the mount was missing/busted) and I've failed at JY'ing one. Not looking to break up a set or use something pristine...

Getting tires today and I'll see if I can keep the left rear (best tire) to later have mounted on said rim.
Wished I'd known this. I still have my original spare wheel with the original OEM tire....LOL! I think it's 15", not sure of the width though. You'd have to come to Wagoner to get it, though.
John

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
This post was updated on .
I'll be driving through there more or less on Friday (Will Rogers Turnpike from Missouri)... Message me if there's a way that could work out.

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Sent you a message
John

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Deal negotiated and tire size confirmed... no longer need a spare tire rim!

Thanks, John!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Excellent!  

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Anyone going to be at the show that is wanting the tailgate trim that fits into the recessed area (pre-85)?
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
In reply to this post by ratdude747
Another last minute item I will have for sale:

My wife accidentally ordered me two tubes of 3M drip check heavy drip rail sealant (only needed one, 5oz goes a long way!). The tube I didn't use will be available... $10 or a good sob story is my asking price. (they go for $22 on amazon, where she bought them). Good for resealing the drip rails that often have hard/cracked/leaky sealant issues on our bullnoses and similar vehicles.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Good deal for someone on that seam sealer

Some items I could bring:

Trim piece only

Heavy patina on doors. Hood has some paint bubbling at the front edge but straight and solid at the hinge points

Brand new Atoto A6PF android head unit. Not necessarily related to our trucks but I can assure you it will fit
Bought to replace my older model but then decided I didn't want to mess with changing my amp wiring.

I say 'could' because with hauling two kids, luggage, and picking up 4 squares of siding in Tulsa, dont really want to haul anything back I dont have to
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

ratdude747
Off topic comment: I've come to the conclusion that with Android head units (I have three!) that as scattershot and quirky as these things often are, if what you have works and works well, keep it until you're "forced" to get a unit supporting a newer version of Android. Unless you get really lucky like I did and find what became a (mostly) nice unit at a thrift store for $20 ... then again, I had to root and ROM it, and even after that, once a week or so it locks up and hard reboots while driving. But it's a really slick x86 one... crappy for app support/reliability (have to run a lot of old apps since new ones won't install/run), but supports modern sleep states so often times there's no boot time to speak of on key on. And unlike the last unit I had at last year's show, I didn't have to make a custom relay board to make it operable . (You won't see the new one, I'm taking my other truck this time!)

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I got all of the stuff loaded for the swap meet today. Here's a walkaround of the trailer, but both Big Blue and Blue are also loaded.