classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Special thanks!!!

1986F150Six
Administrator
I know I speak for all who attended the 2019 Garagemahal Truck Show as well as all who could not, in expressing thanks to Gary and his lovely wife, Janey, for all they do.

Thank you, Gary and Janey!

To put this in perspective [what they do], this was my 6th time to visit Skiatook, OK. Every time, they have opened their home to all who attend as well as family members of those attending. Friday night, all who wanted were treated to absolutely wonderful barbeque from Mac's. This included all the "fixings" and drinks. Janey had prepared her delicious brownies, chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies as well as a special recipe coffee cake. Ummmmm!

Oh, yea... all were treated to specialty coffees at any time of the day or night!

The show expenses and trophies are covered by the Lewis family. The show site and planning with advertisements are also the work of Gary.

Saturday, after the show, Gary and Janey treated a number of us to lunch at the local favorite, Ron's Burgers. The specialty is large cheeseburgers with mustard, fried onions and pickles, covered [literally] with thick, rich homemade chili. This is accompanied with thick sliced French fries. By the way, the burger is served with a knife and fork and you certainly need these!

For those who have not realized this, the forum and website would not exist if not subsidized by Gary's family. We owe a lot to their generosity.

Thanks, again!

Please, everybody, let Gary know you appreciate his efforts and generosity!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Special thanks!!!

grumpin
Well said!

Good job Gary and Janey!

Thanks from afar!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Thanks, guys.  It is a labor of love, and some times there's more labor than others.  But, it is well worth it.

As for Janey, I out-punted my coverage, didn't I?    She cooked, cleaned, and prepared for several days before the show, and then did the behind-the-scenes work to let me "talk trucks" to y'all Friday and Saturday nights.

As for the food, do you see why I'm gaining weight?  Her cooking is soooo good and my activity level isn't what it used to be, so....  This morning we finished the egg casserole and then had the last two pieces of that coffee cake.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Ummm, any brisket and sausage left?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, come on back!  We'll be eating it for days.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Spot on! It was an excellent time with extremely nice hosts.
My daughter is still talking about the backyard rollercoaster...
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Campbell (?) is so pretty!  I really liked having her here.  Please tell her hello for me.

And it was so good to meet many of you that I've talked with on-line but hadn't met.  I hope next year and the years after will bring more and more of you this way.