Second Chance 85 Flareside

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Second Chance 85 Flareside

kristopherdb
I have a 1985 300cdi L6 4.9 F150. With a permit in hand 20 some years ago I learned to drive this thing. Now its mine. Now I wish I would have paid more attention in Shop class.

This will be fun

1985 4x4 F150 Flareside 6L Manual 4 with Granny gear
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Second Chance 85 Flareside

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Lol!  Yes, we frequently discover later that we should have paid more attention in class. 😉

But you've come to the right place as we have the experience and resources to help you in your quest to get the truck going again. However, you might want to tell us more about your plans so we understand where you are going with it.

Oh, another thing - your picture is quite wide and it doesn't show fully on smaller screens. Plus, the extra width means that when responding we have to scroll around. But, if you'd add width="100%" to the code that generates the pic it would fix that. Just click More and the Edit Post. Then you'll see something like nabble_img src="IMG_0434.png" border="0"/ but with <> on either end. Just add the above just width="100%" to make it look like nabble_img src="IMG_0434.png" border="0" width="100%"/ and then hit Post.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by kristopherdb
Welcome! I like your truck, naturally, as I am a fan of flaresides and straight sixes and 4x4's so...🤤
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, slow down, this is a feature/capability we should be providing and not yelling at the newbie like that.

IOW stop the engineer approach, he may want to be posting from a cellphone in the future, we don't know that, spewing HTML code to newbies and telling them to make their pictures smaller, does that remind you maybe of me several years ago on FTE? ;)

But I laughed, too, at his comment about shop class, that was funny. :)

It looks like a cool project from a distance and I agree, more pictures are necessary. :)

EDIT: Oh, BTW, welcome aboard, kristopher! :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
Amazing Truck!!!  Welcome and Congrats!  
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

fljab
Nice old truck, and Flaresides are getting harder to find.  Do your research here and FTE and get started fixing it up!
Jim
Mims, FL

'81 F100 2wd 300 Srod "Festus"
'85 F150 Supercab 4x4 351 C6 "big Whitey"
'85 F150 4x4 300 NP435 parts truck
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I, too, like the 6 cylinder engine. Welcome!