classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
93 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next issue Heater air flow

CDLong
Gary Lewis wrote
Herein lies the fallacy (stupidity?) of Ford's numbering system.  People assume, for an obvious reason, that the number on a part is a part number.  But no, Ford had a Better Idea!  

So they, and we, have people wanting to buy a part based on the number on the part - which in Fordspeak is an ID #.  However the #'s in the master parts catalog are, oddly enough, part numbers, not ID #'s.  Given that they issued a Master Cross Reference List wherein you can look up either the ID # or the PN and find the other one - in theory.

But what I see on the part in question is E1AH 190961-BA.  And there is no 19096, much less a 190961, in the 1985 MCRL - that I can find.

So let's go back to the page I referenced at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems and then go to the Part Numbers tab.  There you'll find lots of #'s, inc the ones below, from which I think we are looking for PN E4TZ 19980-N.  And from the MCRL I see that it should have the ID # of E4TH 19980-MA on it.

But let's assume that the number on the part is actually E4TH 19980-BA.  That crosses to E4TZ 19980-G, which the MPC says is for an 84 with an aux fuel tank, and that control does not have the switch for the aux tank.

Yeap, Better Idea to confuse an ole fart like me.
CD Long Jr
1985 F150 XLT Lariat 302 EFI AOD transmission 4x4 regular cab LWB
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
The used unit* shown definitely has a tank selector.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - The tank selector lever goes on the right side - where this one is blank.  It mirrors the fan switch.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Alright then.  

Still matches the # shown above. 🤷‍♂️
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, I think that's the one he needs.  But the #'s don't make sense to me.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It's not the first time "the book doesn't make sense"

It probably won't be the last.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Yes, I think that's the one he needs.  But the #'s don't make sense to me.
Yes, that's the correct one although I don't understand why that number is on what I call the vacuum manifold. Anyway, that one has a broken plug per the description. I am looking at them on Evil Bay. Thanks guys.
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
In reply to this post by CDLong
sorry to be so late, I have been cleaning in the shop. I looked and only found one valve and it's an old original. I am trying to find the info of where I bought the last one. lmc does not show it.
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
the dash panel heater control is not the issue but the black and amber component that is mounted to the control panel.  it has always been a replaceable part and I'm sure I bought the first one at auto zone 25 years ago. it is becoming a rarity today though. it is not only the vacuum control for the servos but it is also an electrical switch for cycling the ac compressor on / off depending on whether you are using ac or defroster.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Good info, thanks!
Does this fix the cracks shown above?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
In reply to this post by mat in tn
mat in tn wrote
the dash panel heater control is not the issue but the black and amber component that is mounted to the control panel.  it has always been a replaceable part and I'm sure I bought the first one at auto zone 25 years ago. it is becoming a rarity today though. it is not only the vacuum control for the servos but it is also an electrical switch for cycling the ac compressor on / off depending on whether you are using ac or defroster.
No problem Matt. I got plenty to keep me busy, BUT the list is gettin' smaller. Lol.
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
CDLong wrote
mat in tn wrote
No problem Matt. I got plenty to keep me busy, BUT the list is gettin' smaller. Lol.
BING, BANG, BOOM! Thank you kr98664
 Lead Driver
 Ford Truck Enthusiast forum.

Motorcraft YH380
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
I feel stupid. I can't believe that number eluded me.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Motorcraft numbers are listed in the MPC, under the Ford p/n

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
In reply to this post by mat in tn
mat in tn wrote
I feel stupid. I can't believe that number eluded me.
No problem Matt. We can't remember everything. The important thing is someone remembered.
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

mat in tn
i did find one at a better price. car id I believe. 72.99. Oreilly's auto parts show it at 99.99. both better than the ebay options
Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
mat in tn wrote
i did find one at a better price. car id I believe. 72.99. Oreilly's auto parts show it at 99.99. both better than the ebay options
I found this one for $66. Can you in the know check it out? Says it won't fit my truck?

Ford F150 Blend Door Actuator Part Numbers - [1983 to 2022] (f150lab.com)

Ford F150 Blend Door Actuator Part Numbers – [1983 to 2022]
Ford F150 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 E1AZ19B888B (Motorcraft YH380)

E1AZ-19B888-B E1AZ19B888B - Ford Parts Giant
This part does not fit the vehicle you selected:
My Vehicle: 1985 Ford F-150 8 Cyl 5.0L; 4-Speed Automatic Transmission AOD
Change Vehicle
View Similar Parts That Fit
Ford E1AZ-19B888-B Valve Assembly - Vacuum Control
1981-1996 Ford E1AZ19B888B
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
MPC says that fits an 83 to at least 89 F-Series with integral A/C.

Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
Gary Lewis wrote
MPC says that fits an 83 to at least 89 F-Series with integral A/C.

Thanks Gary, I appreciate the help.
CD Long Jr