93 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Next issue Heater air flow

CDLong
mat in tn wrote
replace the switch! please?
So I was able to vacuum the debris off. I used a pick to point out the tab I found, I did not pry it open. I pushed in the tab, but it doesn't stay in. Does anyone have a proper name or part number so I can replace it?
CD Long Jr
1985 F150 XLT Lariat 302 EFI AOD transmission 4x4 regular cab LWB
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm not sure which part you are asking about.  So I've posted the illustration from our page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems and then the Integral A/C tab.  You can get the base part number from the illustration and then the full part number on the Part Numbers tab.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
Gary Lewis wrote
I'm not sure which part you are asking about.  So I've posted the illustration from our page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems and then the Integral A/C tab.  You can get the base part number from the illustration and then the full part number on the Part Numbers tab.

I need the black & white part the vacuum hoses plug into, it's circled in blue. Nothing in the drawing looks like it to me. Maybe 19C827?
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
19980 is an assembly.
Component parts are not sold individually.

"See also 18549"

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by CDLong
The black & white/yellow thing is part of the whole control assembly, 19980.  19C827 is the harness, or set of vacuum hoses and the header they are connected to.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
Gary Lewis wrote
The black & white/yellow thing is part of the whole control assembly, 19980.  19C827 is the harness, or set of vacuum hoses and the header they are connected to.
Thank you. It appears to be bolted onto the panel so I'm going to try to get it apart and possible repair it.
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Don't miss the how-to on repairing those controls by one of our newest members: Repair Of An HVAC Control.  It may not solve your problem, but at least you can see what's inside that thing.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Vindicated!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You beat me to it - by a minute.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
1/29/2024 was a minute ago?

ArdWrknTrk wrote
Interesting video.
It would have been useful a bunch of times, and may end up applying to CD Long

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Next-issue-Heater-air-flow-tp145358.html
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It was in my memory.  76+ years is a looooong time, so what's a few days?  

Anyway, I obviously misunderstand your reference.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Well, maybe we did it at the same time.  No problem.  ðŸ˜Ž
Ditto
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
 Found a crack & part number.  E1AH-190961
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
NOT a part number, an engineering number.
Counterintuitively the number ON a Ford part is not the number that you need to order.

You need to go to the MPC and look up the number you find to determine the number you need...

Edit: tutorial and image, for the future.

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/how-to-decode-ford-part-numbers.html

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong

ArdWrknTrk wrote
Counterintuitively the number ON a Ford part is not the number that you need to order.

You need to go to the MPC and look up the number you find to determine the number you need...
Thanks Jim, live & learn. What is MPC?
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The Master Parts Catalog.

I do believe Gary showed you where that page is?

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
ArdWrknTrk wrote
The Master Parts Catalog.

I do believe Gary showed you where that page is?
If he did, I didn't save it. I have just about everything Gary copies me on. It's not in my parts folder.
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You need the BA suffix to find the correct part.....

https://www.nrmauto.shop/product/1980-1986-ford-bronco-ac-hvac-climate-temperature-control-e1ah-190961-ba-ford-factory-shop/
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Herein lies the fallacy (stupidity?) of Ford's numbering system.  People assume, for an obvious reason, that the number on a part is a part number.  But no, Ford had a Better Idea!  

So they, and we, have people wanting to buy a part based on the number on the part - which in Fordspeak is an ID #.  However the #'s in the master parts catalog are, oddly enough, part numbers, not ID #'s.  Given that they issued a Master Cross Reference List wherein you can look up either the ID # or the PN and find the other one - in theory.

But what I see on the part in question is E1AH 190961-BA.  And there is no 19096, much less a 190961, in the 1985 MCRL - that I can find.

So let's go back to the page I referenced at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems and then go to the Part Numbers tab.  There you'll find lots of #'s, inc the ones below, from which I think we are looking for PN E4TZ 19980-N.  And from the MCRL I see that it should have the ID # of E4TH 19980-MA on it.

But let's assume that the number on the part is actually E4TH 19980-BA.  That crosses to E4TZ 19980-G, which the MPC says is for an 84 with an aux fuel tank, and that control does not have the switch for the aux tank.

Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk

ArdWrknTrk wrote

Edit: tutorial and image, for the future.

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/how-to-decode-ford-part-numbers.html

Thanks Jim, I saved this.
CD Long Jr