classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Memeber

Jferg38
This post was updated on .
Want to start off by giving the admins of this site and the forums a huge thank you.  I can tell there has been alot of time and effort put into the site.

My name is Josh.  Located in central Louisiana. My current labor of love is a 1985 ford flareside.  Started its life out with a 300/c4 combo.  I have since swapped the worn 300 for a efi 7.5l 460/c6/np205 combo. Currently running a carb setup and building a stand alone efi/e4od harness to run the efi and e4od swap.  Thanks for giving me the oportunity to join the page.

I still kind of regret painting it black. But its only temporary. Lol
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Memeber

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Josh!  Glad you joined.

A Flareside with a 460 sounds potent!  How about posting some pics?  Right now, with the Nabble platform, posting pics isn't easy so you may want to read the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.  But when we get over to Invision it should be much easier.

Speaking of the menu, we have a map on the page at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.  We can add you with a city in LA or a zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jferg38
Welcome Josh!
Are you running the Price Motorsport CNC plate and injector plugs?

All credit to Gary for compiling the documentation on the site!  

Another member of the Flareside Owners Group!  

How different is it than Vivek's '78 Bronco with a 460?  ðŸ¤”
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jferg38
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thank you Gary. I will post some pictures shortly.  It's a pretty mean truck. I actually had to "lincoln lock" the rear axle to try and gain a little traction.  Can't wait to see how it will act with the efi and e4od.

I saw the map, and there is no one near my area. I see alot of members around the southeast area of louisiana.  Im loacated in Marksville louisiana, 71351 zip.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Jferg38
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Thanks for the welcome.

No sir. I built my own adapter plate, and found my injector plugs locally at the parts store.  I love my flareside.  It was a long bed fleetside when i got it. Then i found the flareside bed, cut 16" out of the frame and installed the bed. I would have loved to find a short flare, but i couldn't pass up 800.00 for the truck starting out. Its come a long way.  But far from finished.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jferg38
In reply to this post by grumpin
Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Josh - You are now on the map.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Jferg38
Thanks so much Gary, thats awesome.