Netflix Sharp Objects Bullnose Flareside

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Netflix Sharp Objects Bullnose Flareside

Rembrant
Has anybody happened to watch the Netflix miniseries 'Sharp Objects"?

My wife and I started watching it a couple evenings ago, and this two tone Flareside keeps showing up in the background. I noticed it 3-4 times in the first two episodes.

It must have been a member of the crew for it to show up as often as it did. Of course most people wouldn't notice.

The series is taking place in a fictional town in Missouri called 'Wind Gap', but apparently most of it was filmed in a small town called Barnesville about 60 miles south of Atlanta.

Anyway, just something that caught my eye this week so I snapped pics of it;). Maybe the Flareside sightings were totally random and not placed at all, who knows.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Netflix Sharp Objects Bullnose Flareside

Dorsai
Rembrant wrote
The series is taking place in a fictional town in Missouri called 'Wind Gap', but apparently most of it was filmed in a small town called Barnesville about 60 miles south of Atlanta.

Anyway, just something that caught my eye this week so I snapped pics of it;). Maybe the Flareside sightings were totally random and not placed at all, who knows.
There's still quite a few Bullnoses around here (Barnesville is just south of my parents' place, I've been there many times), it could be a local's truck.  There's a LOT of movies and TV being filmed around here these days (Starcourt Mall from Stranger Things is just down the street from me, I'm actually taking my son there today since we'll be passing by), I periodically see casting calls for vehicles.  One day they'll need a red Bullnose beater for something and my truck will be famous.
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

Aretelio
In reply to this post by Rembrant
My wife works for Jupiter entertainment, and coming from her experience it was probably one of the production team's vehicles that they used. My Bullnose has been used in several episodes of Snapped! on Oxygen.

'86 F150 2WD XLT Lariat 302
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's cool to have your truck in movies or TV shows.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI