classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Might be adding another Bullnose to my collection

Danny G
Found this 4 door F-350 in town.

Anyone have any insight one these. What to look for or expect?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2728274097406002/
1986 F-350 XL | 460 | C6 | "Rufus Maximus"
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew | Cactus Grey | black out package | max tow
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Might be adding another Bullnose to my collection

kramttocs
Administrator
TheScatch wrote
What to look for or expect?
Wide turns and extra large parking spaces?

I think owning one of those would be fun. Definitely wouldn't be my choice of a daily driver but fun for trips.
Can't think of anything special to look for on the cc's beyond the normal Bullnose points of interest.
Wish the poster had fewer far away photos though and at least a couple of the back seat/rear doors.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
I don't see AC equipment under the hood. But it's hard to tell. Could be quite hot driving that in 100 degree weather. But having 4 doors would be pretty great. I'm not a huge fan of the duely action but that's something I can live with or change. Found an 85 in the area as well has partial side molding 302 etc for $2k. I have a few tradeables I am trying to offload for another truck I can drive while I restore the 86.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's a serious truck!  But when you buy it, just hook onto that trailer.  

For things to look at, check out the wiring.  One of those pics appears to show wiring under the hood in progress.  See if it was done well or poorly.  That will tell you a lot about the way the truck's been treated.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
It may be too much of a new project for me, the boss isn't happy but I have been talking to the gentleman today and pointed him to the forum.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Odd they would take most of their pics on a parking garage rooftop, given the area???
I think I'd try to show it where it shines. A farm or stable.

Also, look out that they've installed a water pump backing plate, because they've entirely abandoned the gasket (below the fender relay) in the last pic.

That can cause big issues.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Danny G
The four door has amazing cab space. It’s very nice for additional passengers or just cargo, and it has a nice open feel. I really miss driving mine, but it definitely isn’t in its element for city driving and parking. One thing I notice about this one is the rear windows are the later single piece type. The bullnose ones have a fixed pane in front. Either the glass and mechanisms have been swapped, or more often the whole door. The later doors have better handles (same as the front doors) but the interior door panel won’t match, if that matters to you.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Odd they would take most of their pics on a parking garage rooftop, given the area???
I think I'd try to show it where it shines. A farm or stable.
He probably spent all day maneuvering that beast through the twists and turns to get it to the top of that garage, he's going to show it off!
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Bill Voss has later doors on Darth because of power windows and locks.
So there's one possible reason...

As far as putting it on a rooftop.
I'd feel accomplished too getting it up there!
But I don't see ANY reason to.
Unless I'd done it on a bet.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Ford F834
I'd love to have a 4 door version, preferably not a dually. I don't have the bandwidth for what that 4 door needs, nor do I have the wifes approval.

Also we are in SC and there is no AC in that bad boy. If I had the time, money and a truck with the right bones I would probably do like a diesel swap or other re power on it. Heck if the chassis is similar I know there is a junked 90's model 4 door 7.3l in the scrap yard right now.

I did find a pretty nice 1985 XLT Lariat, has 302 with a misfire, but I was looking at it as a parts truck because it has all the bells and whistles, and the bed is in nicer shape than mine. The kid wanted $1500, its about an hour away. Still waiting to hear back.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I wise man once said "A man't got to know his limitations."  And if you don't have the time nor the wife's blessing then you have serious limitations.  Time to walk away.

But the Lariat might be a good possibility.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Trim looks straight!

That's a nicely optioned truck.
Second or third time I've seen burlwood and red interior this week.
I'm really liking it.  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Yep I see tilt wheel, cruise control, power windows, AC, carpeted door panels, full trim with headliner, then it has the lower molding, the bumper with push guards, chrome/silver grill on the front, rear has the tailgate with insert panel. It's AOD because I can see that OD indicator but that's not something I am interested in, just confirms its not 4WD. The original wheel centers etc are all there, and it has the sliding rear window.

I couldn't ebay all that truck for $1500. Then there is the possiblity of other parts such as suspension, axels differentials. etc.

I would make my year if this guy would just get back to me, would be absolutely amazing if it has some goodies under the hood like a toolbox.