classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
284 messages Options
1 ... 12131415
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jim's 1982 300 Six Bronco Original Restoration

JimJam300
That paint is really nice. I've always found getting a good finish out of rattle cans to be difficult but this was a breeze. Okay so the paint looks about right, I only compared it with a dirty trim piece though.

These foot vents were grey

And the dash is in!

So I figured out you can reuse all those behind-the-dash vacuum fittings by applying heat and just pulling out the tubing. Then you can use your own tubing and put colored stripes on them with paint markers.

Next on this list is putting the transmission back together, I had to take it apart again because the gears weren't meshing after I reassembled it to fix threads. Then restoring the cruise control module. Then getting that steering shaft together and bleeding the brakes. We'll see if my homemade lines are any good.

After that it's time to build the bottom end of the engine. First thing I gotta do are some threaded inserts on the bellhousing bolt threads, good thing I already bought that TimeSert kit! I'm going to send my crankshaft to a machine shop and get it ground so there's no guesswork on the bearings I need.

Gonna have a busy summer. Going to Guanajuato, Mexico for a couple weeks next month, then a work conference in Los Angeles right after that, then a family reunion camping trip right after that. Then more camping, backpacking. This is gonna put a dent in my already slow progress
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I leave the barb in the rubber fitting and put vacuum line over, with a collar of coloured shrink tubing.
But, Vivek or someone recently pointed out a company that sells silicone vacuum tube in a whole spectrum of colours.

If I had more time I'd go search it out....
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by JimJam300
Looks very good!  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ifitaintbroke
In reply to this post by JimJam300
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
1 ... 12131415