classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

In over my head

Klala
Hey everyone!

I’m Kayla and my truck is a 1984 F350 frankentruck.

It has the entire drivetrain of a f150 with a 351 Windsor and an incorrect wheel base.

I picked the truck up as a project, but life happened and it needed up being thrust into daily driving. Unfortunately it hasn’t been moved in weeks due to the driveshaft work I am attempting to complete.

The driveshaft that someone hobjobbed together broke on me bout 3 weeks ago, I put a brand new custom manufactured (by a reputable shop) driveshaft in and it’s still kicking out and disconnecting.

This project has become too big for me to do and also not have a vehicle, so I’m actually looking to sell it.

I’m not sure where to start though, it’s absolutely a project and the right person could do so much with it. I’m just not the right person. I’ve considered dropping the engine out of it and selling that, then selling the chassis separately. But I’m not sure how to make that choice.

Not the most positive introduction 😂🤷🏼‍♀️
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: In over my head

kramttocs
Administrator
Welcome!

Sounds like an interesting truck.

If you decide to sell, we do have a For Sale section where you can describe it in detail with photos for potential buyers to see.

Parting vs selling whole (or as whole as possible ) is a trade off between time and money/effort. You will almost always make more selling the parts but you also have a lot more time and work involved.

Whatever you decide, glad you joined and we are here to help.

Like the mouse eating the elephant - one piece at a time.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, welcome Kayla.  

That does sound like a frankentruck.  But some people like the challenge of fixing all of the many problems, so someone may be interested in it.

But the "where" is a biggee as most people won't go very far out of their way to check out something like that.  So if you decide to sell and list it make sure you let everyone know where it is - roughly.  Not your address, but at least your city.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Klala
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona