classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How To Pay - If You Want To Do So

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Guys - I'm trying to figure out the best way to move money for those of you who want to help support the site.  Obviously I can take checks, but I'm thinking that many of you would like to use something online to make the transaction.

Invision has an ecommerce add on that would allow us to use Stripe, PayPal, 2Checkout, & Braintree.  But, there are fees with each of those, and PayPal says theirs is "2.9% + 30ยข per transaction. No set up or or monthly fees for redirecting to the PayPal site, $30 monthly fee for accepting card payments directly."  So a $100 contribution would actually net us $96.80, and we'd also have to pay an additional $30/mo just to use the service.  And that seems excessive.

Instead, I have both PayPal and Venmo and plan to point both of them at the new Bullnose Enthusiasts bank account via a special email address.  Does that work for you?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How To Pay - If You Want To Do So

dirtymac
My current opinion of Paypal is quite low given some recent situations.  I can make either of those options work.
Will
--
1982 F-250 HD 4x4 400/C6 4.10 Dana61 (Borgeson/Bluetop/Lee, 3G)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm not high on PayPal as they started taking money out of even gifts, like to our kids.  So they had us move to Venmo, which didn't take anything out last time we used them.  But they may now as they are owned by PayPal, as is Braintree.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
venmo/paypall/Zelle seem to be what I see most people use these days
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Google Wallet maybe? On PayPal, usually if I send Friends and Family (you are my 3rd cousin twice removed aren't you?) there is no fee.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, it looks like we may be covered then with PayPal & Venmo - when I get them set up.

And Bill, I think Matt is my 3rd cousin twice removed.  At least I've met him.  So what does that make you, old man?  (I have 5 more days where you are two years older than me.)

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
And Bill, I think Matt is my 3rd cousin twice removed.  At least I've met him.  So what does that make you, old man?  (I have 5 more days where you are two years older than me.)
 So, is Gary having a birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes and no.  Or jein. It isnโ€™t until Saturday, but Iโ€™ll take any congratulations I can get. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Reply | Threaded
|

AmericanSavage
Personally, I do not like Paypal.  They cut people off if you even slightly come into their politically incorrect sphere.  Venmo, I have never used.  

Why not Subscribe star?
1980 Ford XLT F350
400 Engine (rebuilt to 406)
Holley 2300 500 CFM manual Choke Carb
Under Restore (1st time)
Reply | Threaded
|

derek
Cash app is another platform independent non-Paypal option that I've had good experiences with, but yeah Paypal and Venmo are fine with me, I just heard about people having trouble cashing out with PayPal, so that made me wary of them.
1982 F-250HD 4x4: 400/C6, Borgeson/BlueTop, 3G Alternator
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I now have the new Bullnose Enthusiasts bank account tied to PayPal and Venmo.  So if you are ready to send me money do so via garyklewis@gmail.com.  And use the friends & family option with them so they don't take fees out.

But I'm going to research other options for sending money, and my first read is this article called CashApp vs. Venmo vs. Zelle vs. PayPal @ The College Investor.

Reply | Threaded
|

Mekerek
If I remember you are trying to cover the 1800 transfer cost and then monthly? Can you put up a post so people know what you are at?
1984 Ford F-350 7.5L XLT 4x4 Standard Cab Dump Bed
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are right, and I will do that.

But what I'm wanting to do is to put up a page rather than a post, at least while still on Nabble.  That's because the only way to do it on Nabble is via pinning a thread and we already have a lot of pinned threads.  Maybe I need to un-pin some of them and reorganize to get our funding one at the top?

So let me work on that today!  

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
I don't use any of these things. I'm more of a cash guy

But my wife does... so it will be from 'Allison'
Vivek

- BB 2WD - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with a 460 from an 86 Bullnose/C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Her money is good for me.  

Reply | Threaded
|

viven44
This post was updated on .
I don't this thread is visible much anymore. If it is PINNED, it should be at the bottom of the list for better visibility (I think) but we can ask more people for inputs... I sort of liked this topic where it was a couple days ago (placement wise)
Vivek

- BB 2WD - 1984 F350 RWD 460/C6
- 1978 Bronco with a 460 from an 86 Bullnose/C6
Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
Inbound via PayPal- thanks for allowing the beneficiaries to support the resource!
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I got it, Mark.  Thanks!

Reply | Threaded
|

Mekerek
Seems to have slowed down. Did people lose the thread or have you gotten everyone you expected?
1984 Ford F-350 7.5L XLT 4x4 Standard Cab Dump Bed
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
It has slowed down, but hasn't stopped.  Just got another donation in today and was told by another that the check is in the mail.  Plus another has said he'll contribute.  Also I sent an email to all of those that have said they'll help just to let them know we are ready.

Having said that, we had a minor set back this week.  In working with Invision to get things ready to go we discovered that the file format we can get doesn't meet their requirements.  But they can do the conversion for another $250.  So our migration goal is now $1800 + 250 = $2050.

Anyway, I'll post something in the main section to let people know where we are.  Thanks!