10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Happy 4th! Update On Forum Migration

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Happy 4th of July!

As an update on the migration of the forum from Nabble to Invision, we've paid the $2050 to do the migration.  The next step is to upload a current backup of the Nabble forum for them to write a routine to translate it into Invision format, but we've run afoul of the holiday and apparently the Invision staff are off at the moment.  In fact their statement says "Normal support services will resume on Monday, July 8th."

So I'm hoping that on Monday I'll be given a place to upload our 7.3GB backup file and they can start coding.  But I have no idea how long that will take, so I'll give y'all an update when I have one.

In the interim, be safe!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Happy 4th! Update On Forum Migration

1986F150Six
Administrator
Happy 4th of July!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Happy 4th! Great news Gary
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
God bless America!  🇺🇲
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Update On Forum Migration

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As of today Invision has the file from Sunday's backup of our Nabble forum.  They will use that to develop the code to migrate us and when they think they have it right they'll put it up on our Invision forum, replacing what is there at the moment.

Then they'll invite us to check it out and point out any problems with it, which they'll then work to correct.  When they have that sorted we will lock this forum so there can't be any input and take a backup, which they'll run through the migration code and voilà we'll have our old forum in a new environment.

They don't know how long this will take as they've not migrated anyone from Nabble before.  But they've migrated from other platforms so know how to do it.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If they had migrated from Nabble they'd have the code written already!  

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, very true.  But I'll bet they'd still charge as much.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Well, they're driving blind right now.

I understand that they have experience in migrating other platforms to theirs.

When Pablo was working on it it seemed impossible, but perhaps this Invision platform is different than what you had in mind before?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
They know the process and have done it many times. They just have to find each element and map it to the right place.

I’m starting another thread to provide more info on timing and the plan.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
That's what I said, but they have to tease out each element, deconstruct it, figure out how it's going to work in their framework and how to get it there intact.

I'll go see what more you have to say about this,.
 Jim,