Got er done!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Got er done!

Redneckedness
   Got my sons truck up and running. He’s loving it. Says its the coolest first vehicle ever. Put a new Holley 750 on it and it sounds bad arse. Thanks again for all your help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Got er done!

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So, it was just the old carb needing a rebuild that was holding it back?

What was on there before?
What do you intend to do with it?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Redneckedness
Congrat's!  Glad it worked, and glad he likes it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Redneckedness
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
It was an edelbrock 1406. 600 cfm elec choke. Not sure what the problem was but after we put the Holley on and got it tuned, the truck was on it. One thing i didnt realize before was that when tuning the carb you really need to have a vacuum gauge hooked up.   Can’t believe how much easier and precise the tune is with it.  Not sure what were going to do with the 1406. Dont really need it. I think its too small for the 460. Itll run on it but it seems a little light. I wish i could post video but the file is too big.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
A 1406 worked fine on Big Blue's 460.  But the 750 CFM Eddy was stronger.

To put a video on here you should first put it on Youtube.  Then get the embed code and paste that into your post.  Plus, you have to tick the "Message is in HTML Format" box above.

See the instructions on the Embedding tab on Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's for more info.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Redneckedness
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thanks. After he drove it he told his mother and I that he wants to start another project. Made me very happy. The smile on his face was something to see. He doesnt show emotions much but he couldnt stop smiling. The next thing will be the axles but for now were just going to drive and enjoy it. To you and everyone who helped with figuring things out i am eternally grateful.
Reply | Threaded
|

Redneckedness
I’ll do that. Or I’ll have my son do it. The video is all about the sound.  Nothing to see but cornfields and pavement, but that sound is sweet.
Reply | Threaded
|

Redneckedness
Gary, weren’t you going to be putting headers on hour truck?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Redneckedness wrote

Yep.  I think I'm doing anything else rather than clean off the work table so I have room to bring the headers into the shop.

So I've found lots of excuses to do other things.  Like the URL discussion.  Like approving something like 5 new users today, and responding to their posts.

But, I have gotten SOME cleaning done.  Best get back to it......

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Redneckedness
Redneckedness wrote
Thanks. After he drove it he told his mother and I that he wants to start another project. Made me very happy. The smile on his face was something to see. He doesnt show emotions much but he couldnt stop smiling. The next thing will be the axles but for now were just going to drive and enjoy it. To you and everyone who helped with figuring things out i am eternally grateful.
That's what we live for - that SMILE!  Glad it worked out.  Happy to have helped make that smile happen.

Reply | Threaded
|

Redneckedness
Ill be interested to find out how you get them in. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 16, 2020, at 2:35 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Redneckedness wrote

Yep.  I think I'm doing anything else rather than clean off the work table so I have room to bring the headers into the shop.

So I've found lots of excuses to do other things.  Like the URL discussion.  Like approving something like 5 new users today, and responding to their posts.

But, I have gotten SOME cleaning done.  Best get back to it......

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Got-er-done-tp56901p57003.html
To unsubscribe from Got er done!, click here.
NAML